Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Developer stream has started, leading w/ Immortal stuff (announced new class for Immortal, Blood Knight)

These fucks are so out of touch. No one gives a shit about some cell phone scam game and the dude is still yapping about the lore of the WoW "blood knight" class

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Im level 53 and still wearing some gear that's level 30, mainly because of the aspects.

At what point can I safely start using all these mats and extracted aspects I've been saving up, without them being likely replaced 45 minutes later?

From what I remember of the Maxroll guide:
I started upgrading as soon as I got to WT3 after completing the campaign at around 51. Taking off and applying aspects is cheap enough once Legos start dropping regularly in WT3. Be aware, you can only take off and apply the aspect once, so if you get a perfect roll, you may want to keep it till 60+. AFAIK, item level is secondary to stats/high rolls on everything but weapons.

Enchanting is the big cost, and it's probably best to wait until WT4 for that, or at least 60+.

Maxroll guide also recommended to start selling, instead of DEing, all blues and yellows (unless the yellow was Sacred), when getting to WT3. I would dump all sacred into the last bank tab, then evaluate them in batches once the tab was full, selling any that I didn't want to use.

I think the operative factor here is simply whether not you've hit your diminishing returns on item level for loot. At various points in the game your upgrades will be dictated by either one of the later tiers of item (Sacred, Ancestral), or simply because your current gear is way behind the max item power droppable by where you are. This will usually happen immediately in WT3, and immediately in WT4.

So, if you're level 53 and have been in WT3 for awhile, you are probably good to start upgrading and enchanting your high item power (Sacred) items. Once you break into WT4 at level 6x, you'll want to back off on upgrading and enchanting while you just gain new items that are vastly higher item power again. Then once you've got Ancestral items of power 750-800, that's when you start upgrading and enchanting again.

That said, once you work up a decent sized stash of crafting material garbage and can see that you're trending up and not down, just upgrade anything you use to at least 3/5 if not 4/5 upgrades. It's also usually worthwhile to enchant at least 1x on every item you'd use or consider using.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Is it like a concert? They put the shit band first, otherwise no one will listen?

More or less. Showing Immortal stuff for D4 players who maybe are interested in tinkering with it since it's surely landing before D4 S1.

Show D4 stuff first and you lose the bulk of your audience after.

Looks like D4 up now after a short break.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This Diablo Immortal 15 minute ad is fucking LIT bros!!! LOGIN!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
1688668426651.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LMAO it's literally legendary gems from D3. GG boiz.

When's ExileCon?

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for 2/3rds of my jewelry upgrades to be irrelevant and useless because they don't have the correct color tumor socket.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No gem tabs? Let's add some more gems!

-750 armor update.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
July 18th Eternal realm gets the stuff, July 20th you can make seasonal chars. Nice approach

1688669428749.png

Also you don't have to do every aspect of the season journey chapters. Nice

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We knew the gem inventory change wasnt until after season 1. They already stated that.

Not watching whatever you guys are, but not shocked if they are implementing d3 legendary gems. Curious if they will have levels too and where you go to level them up. NM dungeons already do glyphs, do they want to add another thing to that(if they do indeed level up like d3 did). I expected the gems though, basically a gimme. Curious if its the same system, 25ish gems, you can only use 3 and only in jewelry slots.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Low energy Season. Legendary gems and double elite mobs. Man can't wait for Season 2 , they might have to actually think of something original

• 1Like