Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Palum

what Suineg set it to
We knew the gem inventory change wasnt until after season 1. They already stated that.

Not watching whatever you guys are, but not shocked if they are implementing d3 legendary gems. Curious if they will have levels too and where you go to level them up. NM dungeons already do glyphs, do they want to add another thing to that(if they do indeed level up like d3 did). I expected the gems though, basically a gimme. Curious if its the same system, 25ish gems, you can only use 3 and only in jewelry slots.
I mean ok great they said they can't make meaningful changes to the game timely twice? Are people supposed to be apologetic that a multi billion dollar company can't figure out how to Ctrl c Ctrl v because all their devs quit when they forced rto policies through?

Xevy

Log Wizard
I should probably watch the Dev thing. The idea of legendary gems seems somewhat redundant as that's literally what glyphs are already, but I guess new sources of power are always good, especially if build enabling for new builds. I just immediately saw glyphs and how you level them and went "Oh, these are their legendary gems." Apparently not. Apparently legendary gems are their legendary gems.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It shows they really dont have anyone that just gives new ideas for new content. So far, imo, the only "newish" things are tied to the overworld. Like helltide, world boss or legion events. Everything else is something from d3 in a different wrapper. NM dungeons are Greater rifts. The tree is basically bounties( I expect unique items or mats tied to it eventually). Spamming 1 regular dungeon(before the NM exp buffs) was almost rifts, was just missing the random nature of it.

Will be curious if they just copy d3 seasons but in a random order.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Just glad this erases any iota of fomo I might have had for missing out on seasonal when I swap to poopsocking BG3.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was there stash tabs reward of the season journey? I didn't see any. That was a large reason to do them in d3, even if they were not the best.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, characters flip over to Eternal, but season-specific stuff won't.

From the site Q&A -

The character and progress on that character is transferred to the Eternal Realm. You can play this character whenever you want in the Eternal Realm. Specific Season-only features will no longer be accessible in the Eternal Realm. For example, at the end of Season 1, Malignant Hearts will disappear and be unslotted from jewelry at the end of the season. Infested sockets will become normal sockets.

Some of that could change, but looks like they're setting expectations that nothing about the season mechanics will make it over.
ROFL. Imagine being a dev that creates content for a game that only displays it for 3 months and then completely erases it. Must be fun to work there and see all your shit flushed down the toilet every 3 months.
Just glad this erases any iota of fomo I might have had for missing out on seasonal when I swap to poopsocking BG3.
This. I'll blast for a week or two before BG3 and then it's bye-bye until S2.

I'm glad they are at least trying something with "content" in it, but the fact that it has zero permanence is just weird as hell. PoE sometimes doesn't transfer over stuff to "core", but it's typically only when a league has hated mechanics. Most of the stuff that took a long time to develop they bring core, whether players want it to or not.

With PoE2 and ExileCon on the horizon I had expectations they'd go hard for S1 but this shit is mid as fuck. They needed something that was a banger and this shit does not slap at all. Ball is 100% in GGG's court now. If they can swing for the fences at ExileCon, D4 = dead game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season mechanics not carrying over is not a surprise. D3 season stuff did not carry over. And they seem to be getting most of their inspiration from that game. And they seem to have no problem with it, because in that statement, they mentioned seasons to them being a place to test things in a vacuum without touching the "eternal realm".

Their quote:
Seasons provide us with an opportunity to introduce innovative gameplay mechanics into Sanctuary for a limited time. Because Seasons reset, we can create crazy, fun Season themes in a vacuum without needing to worry about balancing it with the mechanics introduced in past or future Seasons—we start from a strong Eternal Realm baseline and build on top of it.

If you state your seasons are a vacuum and you do not have to worry about balance, why are you not going crazy with things.

Not sure why it matters, I dont think anyone in d3 played the regular servers, it was just seasons or nothing. And their eternal realm has a very finite life atm(get 100 and kill lilith). Those 2 are the only goals once you hit 70ish and its a matter of if you think its worth your time to push for it.

It's why it was always play for 1-2 weeks and then wait for next season. Only the super hardcore played it grinding paragon and making the gr150.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Looks like D4 prime drops finally started

1688678604298.png

• 1Worf

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Meh, fuck these seasons with ephemeral gear. Who gives a shit about power bloat on the eternal realm? Are they worried that someone might have too much fun or have fun the wrong way? If I played for something, I want to keep it. I don't have the time or inclination to build new characters over and over again on a three month expiring timer.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's not really about power bloat, but they'd have to bring all the season systems to Eternal, and at this time looks like the malignant spawn / currency / caged hearts is something they don't want to carry forward.

Probably have similar versions of that in future systems for those who enjoy it and like doing the seasonal thing.

Seasons are all going to be about the experience and the battle pass, with the things earned on the latter persisting across your account for the most part. Not sure there are really any surprises here, just filling in details we didn't have yet about what they were planning for the first one.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It's not really about power bloat, but they'd have to bring all the season systems to Eternal, and at this time looks like the malignant spawn / currency / caged hearts is something they don't want to carry forward.

Sunset the systems, fine, but let me keep the gear.

Seasons are all going to be about the... things earned on the latter persisting across your account for the most part.

I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about the cosmetics. With the lighting and desaturated pallete you can't see anything beyond the silhouette anyway.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I prefer permanent things to last. Restarting a character to just pretty much do what I have already done needs to have more purpose. I am not hardcore so the race does not exist for me. If seasons carried things over to the main realm, I would be inclined to try it. Looks like I will get 100th, kill Lilith and then occasionally play just to try out new builds.

• 2Solidarity

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Sunset the systems, fine, but let me keep the gear.

I couldn't possibly give less of a shit about the cosmetics. With the lighting and desaturated pallete you can't see anything beyond the silhouette anyway.
Fuck you! I'm getting my seaweed horse from my prime account. It's gonna be awesome, just you wait and see.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Could they increase the cap for gems from 50 too 9999 as well? You know, while we wait for the actual tab? All it is, is a number input. I always thought hellfire chests could drop unique gear. That is just sad.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bank needs a materials tab, sigil tab, 6 more regular tabs, and word search for bank tabs
This so much. It is a pain trying to hunt down particular Legend enhancements when you have 3+ tabs of legendaries.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Could they increase the cap for gems from 50 too 9999 as well? You know, while we wait for the actual tab? All it is, is a number input. I always thought hellfire chests could drop unique gear. That is just sad.
You can't just change constants. That's literally why they're called constants!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like