Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
We knew the gem inventory change wasnt until after season 1. They already stated that.

Not watching whatever you guys are, but not shocked if they are implementing d3 legendary gems. Curious if they will have levels too and where you go to level them up. NM dungeons already do glyphs, do they want to add another thing to that(if they do indeed level up like d3 did). I expected the gems though, basically a gimme. Curious if its the same system, 25ish gems, you can only use 3 and only in jewelry slots.

Just an extension of the affix system, have to farm more powerful versions rather than upgrade.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Low energy Season. Legendary gems and double elite mobs. Man can't wait for Season 2 , they might have to actually think of something original

But dude, they re-invented Paragon(D3) and called it Smoldering Ashes.

This is gonna rock!!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I have hit a wall at 70, can't really take more of Nightmare/Trees/Hell. I am not sure how you guys do it?

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Holy shit they hired that polyamorous nerd from Silicon Valley for Immortal. That dude is a 99% doppleganger, even his voice and way of speaking.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
waitwaitwait so seasonal items (and chars?) won't make it back to Vanilla like POE? He said "we do not want powerful items like the hearts [..] in the base game"

So the whole point is getting all the seasonal journey and battlepass rewards?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
waitwaitwait so seasonal items (and chars?) won't make it back to Vanilla like POE? He said "we do not want powerful items like the hearts [..] in the base game"

So the whole point is getting all the seasonal journey and battlepass rewards?

I don't remember him saying exactly that. They were talking about adding too many new things bloating the eternal realm, so I can't imagine this is true.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, characters flip over to Eternal, but season-specific stuff won't.

From the site Q&A -

The character and progress on that character is transferred to the Eternal Realm. You can play this character whenever you want in the Eternal Realm. Specific Season-only features will no longer be accessible in the Eternal Realm. For example, at the end of Season 1, Malignant Hearts will disappear and be unslotted from jewelry at the end of the season. Infested sockets will become normal sockets.

Some of that could change, but looks like they're setting expectations that nothing about the season mechanics will make it over.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They were pretty clear, this stuff is on the "Free" season journey. The paid battle pass is 100% cosmetic.

Having no XP on the pass would have been an immediate dealbreaker. There has to be accelerated leveling/XP on a pass.

Glad to hear there will be XP on the first pass. Although I'd like to see it closer to 20%

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, characters flip over to Eternal, but season-specific stuff won't.

From the site Q&A -

The character and progress on that character is transferred to the Eternal Realm. You can play this character whenever you want in the Eternal Realm. Specific Season-only features will no longer be accessible in the Eternal Realm. For example, at the end of Season 1, Malignant Hearts will disappear and be unslotted from jewelry at the end of the season. Infested sockets will become normal sockets.

That's really weird, it makes their live talk they just did not make any sense. They were talking about how they don't want to bloat the game with a bunch of new systems.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I don't remember him saying exactly that. They were talking about adding too many new things bloating the eternal realm, so I can't imagine this is true.

Yea I might have missed what they said (if anything) about what happens after the season is over with and your characters.

Edit - meStevo meStevo clarrified above, thanks.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Specific Season-only features will no longer be accessible in the Eternal Realm. For example, at the end of Season 1, Malignant Hearts will disappear and be unslotted from jewelry at the end of the season. Infested sockets will become normal sockets.
Meh, come on. So no nice in between power creep on Eternal over time. I loved that in POE I could do mad things with league gear during droughts

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
This should clear everything up

1688673438394.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh, the Season 1 stuff feels like it should just be stuff for your pre-season characters. I personally wish they would have taken a MMOARPG route with the game instead of seasons. The game just doesn't feel like a "seasons" game, imho.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
At least there is some sort of seasonal mechanic which is a step in the right direction. Sadly the end game is not getting any additions other than the ass hole tunnels they talked about. But hey, its something. They also said there si like 64? of these gem types? I wonder just how build defining they are. Because the one they showed was kinda weak sauce, although to be fair it was at noob levels.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Get pass exp up to 20-25% and it could survive on a seasonal model. Core players will bite on 12% but only once or twice I'd figure.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user