Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
No shit. Gate the really awesome uniques behind some .00001% chance to find in a fucking single player game. Get fucked.
100% agreed, never gonna see one. Case Closed. Why even add them to the game when 1 in 10000000 people will actually get one? I'm all for rare but that shit is rediculous.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
100% agreed, never gonna see one. Case Closed. Why even add them to the game when 1 in 10000000 people will actually get one? I'm all for rare but that shit is rediculous.
Best I can tell is it's to keep the streamers/youtubers playing, because they know they will get a ton more clicks if they get one to drop, which gives Bliz free publicity and a Twitch metric on game hours streamed, or whatever they do over there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Best I can tell is it's to keep the streamers/youtubers playing, because they know they will get a ton more clicks if they get one to drop, which gives Bliz free publicity and a Twitch metric on game hours streamed, or whatever they do over there.

If they get one to drop would they rate the game 5/10 over 4/10?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How rare were some of the d2 runes? I didn't delve that deep into the game to really care. But I remember stories about some of them being really rare. They were tradable too, which maybe drove them to be even more rare.

I know d3 really didnt have anything like that. It was basically 150 gr and endless paragon as the only carrots.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How rare were some of the d2 runes? I didn't delve that deep into the game to really care. But I remember stories about some of them being really rare. They were tradable too, which maybe drove them to be even more rare.

I know d3 really didnt have anything like that. It was basically 150 gr and endless paragon as the only carrots.

Some of the runes are rare as fuck but as you said since you could trade items and build currency up build up if you wanted there was always some value or forward progress if you wanted it.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
How rare were some of the d2 runes? I didn't delve that deep into the game to really care. But I remember stories about some of them being really rare.

I can count on probably one hand the number of high runes I found myself in however many hundreds of hours of DII I've played. They were always available for trade, though it was never clear to me how many of those were duped or not.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So accidentally came across an EA indie game called Halls of Torment which costs $4. It has an actual gameplay loop that makes temporary characters actually worthwhile in that you can send back items from your current run to base and then buy them with currency to unlock for your starting set on your future temporary characters (it's a rogue like). Which unironically is instantly more appealing than this D4 seasonal trash, and there's always a gambit of sacrificing your current run for better future runs, rush risk of running back across the map to return the item, etc.

Anyway just thought I'd point out this shitty $4 indie game that probably took $350 to make is more interesting and better designed than D4s bland seasons.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
D4 doesn't even have companions for me to give loot to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to go on record to say I actually liked the auction house in D3. It was incredible making money playing a game I liked.

Where they went wrong is they made good drops so rare that you ended up playing the auction house instead of the actual game. Obviously there needed to be a better balance. But the convenience of the auction house was great.

Even a game like PoE doesn't have a built in trade system for the longest time, it required third party apps. So none of these games seem to make it convenient for people to trade.
I quite enjoyed making a non-trivial amount of money from D3's AH for a few months before it got too flooded with gear and buyers quitting to be worth the time to farm for it anymore. I consider it a worthy experiment and I don't fault them for trying it nor removing it. I think it was rather ballsy to have done it actually. Blizzard got too much shit for that. Of my list of complaints for D3 the AH doesn't even make the list.

I also think that third party tools for PC games is part of the PC game ecosystem/experience/whatever and games like PoE relying on third parties to compliment the game experience is not only fine with me but often desirable. GGG making APIs for sites to use is awesome.

My preference would be to, instead of making a typical auction house, make a reverse bid system where you input the stats of the item you want with an offer, and sellers can just query the database of offers on the items they pick up with a single click (this could even be automated with a price in a tooltip or whatever) and then complete the transaction in a simple manner: e.g. dropping it in an auction NPC's window or using some stash button or whatever. Modern EQ has a barter system that is vaguely similar and obviously the idea has been thought up before. Just seems like a superior way to handle automated trading in ARPGs to me but maybe I didn't think about it hard enough.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I also think that third party tools for PC games is part of the PC game ecosystem/experience/whatever and games like PoE relying on third parties to compliment the game experience is not only fine with me but often desirable. GGG making APIs for sites to use is awesome.
But in the case of the item trading API, what's the fucking point? Just throw up a goddamn auction house of some sort in game at that point.

Force people to visit each other's hideouts or whatever still, so Chris Wilson's fat ass can get his rocks off with that "player interaction" he claims not doing an AH is about - all while the PoE site literally sends a macroed tell to the person who is selling the item. WHAT INTERACTION! MUCH WOW!

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya who got time for dat shiz, rather play game than decorate. This isn’t UO.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
I really like the whole combines world thing. It feels a lot like marvel heroes which I rather enjoyed. And helltides are great. But they need a ton more to do.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just had my desire to play killed because why bother before Season 1? Was hard enough grinding away already.

What is a good build for Season 1? I want some kind of unstoppable Druid.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just had my desire to play killed because why bother before Season 1? Was hard enough grinding away already.

What is a good build for Season 1? I want sone kind of unstoppable Druid.

Pulv until you get stuff for tornado(helm).

If you can get the staff + helm, the builder only one looks fun, but cant climb as high iirc.

Witless

Trakanon Raider

What is a good build for Season 1? I want sone kind of unstoppable Druid.
Trampleslide is fun, but cooldown dependent. Pulverize is nigh un-killable and solid damage, but not the best versus bosses or climbing nightmares. Don’t get to hyped about any one build, I’m 86 on my Druid and have yet to see a Tempest Roar (Tornado helm). And I know more than a few Druids in the same boat.

Last edited: