giphy.gif

8bbfe19add4b3c1fdaeb72a4ef125344.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Clown World
Reactions: 7 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I am blown away they nerf-hammered basically everything right before their first season starts. I was expecting some minor balance tweaks (so they can make better choices for upcoming seasons) but this patch basically gutted most builds and basically made Sorcs unplayable. The things that needed nerfs/tweaks (Grizzly Rage 1000% crit damage stacking for instance) didn't even really get touched. I may play (and potentially do a quick rebuild) on my Druid today just to see, but feel like my desire is very low. I was kind-of pumped for this patch (for the minor nerfs/adjustments and potential buffs), but holy shit they dropped the ball...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
The subreddit is apocalyptic, what the fuck. I've never seen anything like it.

They literally held off Season 1 to have the pre season be a beta test for what was too powerful, because they can't design or test a game.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah they didn't want people to hit the end-game they don't truly have, but people did. Now they nerfed stuff to slow people from hitting that wall again and people are surprised? I don't get it. As much as it sounds like it sucks this may be good for longevity for actual players because they won't zoom to 100 and T100 nearly as fast now (unless the aspects unlock some new cheese dick builds). The problem will be is the game going to actually be fun during all that time or is it going to feel like your drudging through it.

I can't say for other classes outside Necro, but I did see them TRYING to make other stuff possibly work with new aspects/aspect buffs for off-meta stuff, but who knows. Blasting spears and minions will still probably be way easier.

• 5Moron
  • 1EyeRoll

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm shocked at this unlikely turn of events

• 9Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 13 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The subreddit is apocalyptic, what the fuck. I've never seen anything like it.

They literally held off Season 1 to hate the pre season be a beta test for what was too powerful, because they can't design or test a game.

Raxx revealed during closed beta Blizzard made very little changes to balance and seemed phobic to the idea of using closed beta data to make changes.

Nobody can say for sure why that is. All they know is that they had data for years on these things and player feedback from maxroll for 12 months and chose not to make any alterations to the game. I would guess it was because those positions on the team weren't filled yet? And the lead was still trying to organize the balance team and get the right people in position. Mismanagement is the only explanation for why little to no changes occured from closed beta to open beta up until preseason.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Raxx revealed during closed beta Blizzard made very little changes to balance and seemed phobic to the idea of using closed beta data to make changes.

Nobody can say for sure why that is. All they know is that they had data for years on these things and player feedback from maxroll for 12 months and chose not to make any alterations to the game. I would guess it was because those positions on the team weren't filled yet? And the lead was still trying to organize the balance team and get the right people in position. Mismanagement is the only explanation for why little to no changes occured from closed beta to open beta up until preseason.
devs were too busy getting rectal scans

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Jesus , does anyone have a takeaway from the patch notes? I can't read a book of "fixed an issue where..." and "xxx skill changed from 10-12.5% to 9.1-12.6%"

Like did some classes get fucked and some improved?

My only takeaway is blizzard thinks their game is close enough to being good that incremental stat changes are all that's necessary and that's a little concerning.
Takeaway is “Fuck you”

• 6Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I strongly suggest we just lock this thread, put it in the rickshaw, and never speak of this game again.

It's not even worth bitching about.

Not even sure it deserves a spot in the hallowed shaw. It belongs in the internet of shit.

• 10Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 15 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I was up to NM 70. I have not completed any NM above 66 in 4 attempts. I just can't take the AOE stack damage any longer. Several times I ran out of pots.

That same NM level, my vulnerable window allowed me to kill most elites in that one window. Now it's two windows.

61 I can handle the AOE stack, but still taking two vulnerable window passes on elites.

Went down to 52 since I had those sigils in hand. Those are just as fast. with a caveat. This boss that I usually kill in like 10 seconds took about 30 seconds. Same boss I usually hit for about 700k. Down to like 450k or so.

bbb.jpg

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Legit think Sorcs got 40% less powerful overall with this patch.

This probably isn’t the the whole list, but it’s where I gave up at.

Damage Reduction from Enemies that are Burning: Reduced by ~25%.
Damage Reduction from Close Enemies: Reduced by ~20%.
Total Armor: Reduced by ~30%.
Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies: Decreased by ~30%.
Vulnerable Damage: Reduced by ~40%.
Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Lightning Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Cooldown Reduction: Reduced by ~30%.
Intelligence: 50% Stronger when on Weapons -> 25% Stronger when on Weapons.
Aspect of Retribution bonus damage to Stunned reduced from 20-40% to 10-20%.
Aspect of Disobedience maximum stacks reduced from 100 to 60, reducing maximum Bonus Armor % from 25%-50% to 15%-30%.
Exploiter's Aspect bonus damage to Unstoppable reduced from 20-50% to 20-40%.
Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage reduced from 10/20/30% to 7/14/21%.
Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage to Immobilized reduced from 25/50/75% to 10/20/30%.
Fixed an issue where Aspect of Control was applying its damage bonus 3 times for Staggered bosses.
New unique fucking randomly teleports you on evade

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First nightmare dungeon attempted. Gather the pedestals...zero pedestals. Try to port out ...game crash.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
First nightmare dungeon attempted. Gather the pedestals...zero pedestals. Try to port out ...game crash.
If you don't let the patch download all the way, you will get weird freezes that seem like crashes, but they eventually will catch up. May need to watch 2+ minutes.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The cope right now from creators is "nothing matters on Eternal realm, because the season is here".

Which is it you fucking cuck shills? Does the season not matter because there is no permanent player power increase-- like you said last week? Or does the "nerfs to eternal realm" not matter because it happens to be season 1? The gymnastics and twists people are doing to sell the changes is the only content you can get out of D4 right now.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I strongly suggest we just lock this thread, put it in the rickshaw, and never speak of this game again.

It's not even worth bitching about.

Not even sure it deserves a spot in the hallowed shaw. It belongs in the internet of shit.

Amod Amod make it so please. This is a great idea. Don’t give these fucks the negative publicity or bitching. Never touch this pile of shit again.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The cope right now from creators is "nothing matters on Eternal realm, because the season is here".

Lol? All those changes are going to be there for seasons. It's not a magical realm that is impervious to nerfs. The hearts are not going to change that much.

Dumb people are dumb. Sticking their head in the ground and pretending nothing is going on.

I was going to play this season, just to try another class. Not sure now. I didn't see anything in the rewards that made me think to play just to earn those and be done. Things like a pet or stash tab.

• 1Like