Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
With any luck Microsoft dumps 75% of the company in the trash and then merges existing Microsoft teams from existing Microsoft studios to replace key positions
what blows my mind is they have the experience of a team (at least in written form) the effects of nerfing/buffing/patching on a game IN-HOUSE that was the biggest MMO of all time that avoided some of the pitfalls this ARPG is repeating; WoW was so much better than EQ in the same error when they repeated nerfed things that didn't fit with "the Vision". Previous Diablo teams didn't do this same job anywhere nearly as poorly as D4 is. These are rookie mistakes. How can anyone justify this approach when all you are doing after a shaky start is alienate players: Your loot chase sucks, your patching approach sucks, you launched and had a window all to yourself in a super busy year and have done nothing to endear yourself to players in the teeth of 3 massive RPG launches: BG3, Armored Core 6, and Starfield. It may not be Amazon Games bad, but its pretty close.

I said a long time ago that even if it were buggy and had issues we would play until it was no longer fun. While the moment to moment gameplay is still engaging, the Dev BS makes it so I don't know where its headed for me. What's the endgame? Nothing. That's what the endgame is. At 73 on my barb and not even halfway to 100 on the XP curve (midpoint is 85), it feels like my time is almost up.

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
what blows my mind is they have the experience of a team (at least in written form) the effects of nerfing/buffing/patching on a game IN-HOUSE that was the biggest MMO of all time that avoided some of the pitfalls this ARPG is repeating; WoW was so much better than EQ in the same error when they repeated nerfed things that didn't fit with "the Vision". Previous Diablo teams didn't do this same job anywhere nearly as poorly as D4 is. These are rookie mistakes. How can anyone justify this approach when all you are doing after a shaky start is alienate players: Your loot chase sucks, your patching approach sucks, you launched and had a window all to yourself in a super busy year and have done nothing to endear yourself to players in the teeth of 3 massive RPG launches: BG3, Armored Core 6, and Starfield. It may not be Amazon Games bad, but its pretty close.

I said a long time ago that even if it were buggy and had issues we would play until it was no longer fun. While the moment to moment gameplay is still engaging, the Dev BS makes it so I don't know where its headed for me. What's the endgame? Nothing. That's what the endgame is. At 73 on my barb and not even halfway to 100 on the XP curve (midpoint is 85), it feels like my time is almost up.

Matthew Mcconaughey Chest Thump GIF by Paramount Movies

It's downright fucking embarrassing D4 had a closed beta. What the fuck did they do all year? Tune dungeons/elites/bosses and events and combat difficulties? That must have been all they did for 12 months because they certainly didn't look at items-- or decide on their vision for what endgame player power looks like.

We need a whistleblower to come out and expose what the fuck the point of closed beta was.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's downright fucking embarrassing D4 had a closed beta. What the fuck did they do all year? Tune dungeons/elites/bosses and events and combat difficulties? That must have been all they did for 12 months because they certainly didn't look at items-- or decide on their vision for what endgame player power looks like.

We need a whistleblower to come out and expose what the fuck the point of closed beta was.
I have a friend who is a long time hardcore and Hardcore Diablo/ARPG player, who played D2/D3 RELENTLESSLY for the last 15+ years come into Discord tonight and laugh about this being such a massive fuckup Blizzard's part. "All of the Devs from Blizzard North that made Diablo and D2 great would never do this but they left and went on to make POE and Torchlight" was his response to my anger. He laughed at their incompetence, while it really makes me mad. It's insulting to know these fucks are so careless with my investment of time.

What have they been doing exactly?
What metrics/kind of metrics are they *really* basing their decision making on?
How have they got loot/loot theory so wrong?
Why is the software development/project management so poor and timelines/priorities so out of kilter?
Why is Blizzard community relations/management so bad?

I would ask what is their plan to turn it around but I am not sure what they are trying to turn around at this point. It seems like they are trying to save something other than what I/we think is in trouble.

Chris

Potato del Grande
what blows my mind is they have the experience of a team (at least in written form) the effects of nerfing/buffing/patching on a game IN-HOUSE that was the biggest MMO of all time
They don't. Their turn over of staff is insane, all those people left.

All they have is a rigid corporate culture that they think is responsible for their success, and a rigid fanbase who still buys their shit which is actually responsible for their success.

This is what happens when you market to autistic people who want to play one game over and over again for year - but that fanbase is slowly eroding.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What have they been doing exactly?
What metrics/kind of metrics are they *really* basing their decision making on?
How have they got loot/loot theory so wrong?
Why is the software development/project management so poor and timelines/priorities so out of kilter?
Why is Blizzard community relations/management so bad?
Is there a single person on the D4 team that was apart of a genuinely successful project?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Don't worry guys, during the campfire on friday they'll explain that players are too stupid to understand how awesome this patch is.

Instead if Jay Wilsons "we doubled it!" we will get "we halved it!".

Meme of a company.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Holy Fuck I thought it was just me. The horse is the worst implementation of a mount in any game I can think of; unless I am racing to a world boss, I don't mount up at all.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but outside of MMOs where mounts are just a run speed increase, faster but less maneuverable is standard horse shit.

It's no different than RDR 1/2 or any other horse games I can think of. If it's so bad you just can't deal with them then there's something wrong with you.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but outside of MMOs where mounts are just a run speed increase, faster but less maneuverable is standard horse shit.

It's no different than RDR 1/2 or any other horse games I can think of. If it's so bad you just can't deal with them then there's something wrong with you.
It may be a console issue, on Playstion when you mount up the horse gets stuck for a few seconds almost every time. It's clearly a bug.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Did anyone test any part of this patch? I mean within literally 2 mins of a Helltide it was clear something was drastically changed about the shard drop rate.

• 1Solidarity

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
they realized season 1 numbers were gonna be a joke so they nerfed everyone's builds to make a few more people say "fuck it guess ill just start over"

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I have a friend who is a long time hardcore and Hardcore Diablo/ARPG player, who played D2/D3 RELENTLESSLY for the last 15+ years come into Discord tonight and laugh about this being such a massive fuckup Blizzard's part. "All of the Devs from Blizzard North that made Diablo and D2 great would never do this but they left and went on to make POE and Torchlight" was his response to my anger. He laughed at their incompetence, while it really makes me mad. It's insulting to know these fucks are so careless with my investment of time.

I'm not going to lie: As a Diablo 2 fan, I do have a smug sense of satisfaction that D2 is still the superior game to this point.

But I do feel bad that the devs are screwing this up that badly though, and If I had money to spare when D4 launched I would have been stuck in this garbage like everyone else.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
helltides are actually bugged, a hotfix is in the works. Basically worthless till it hits tho

1689775156856.png

They can throw their game in their campfire when it is over. Fucking clueless no nothing cucks.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno if it’s been mentioned, but a stealth change that wasn’t in the patch notes is T3 now requires lvl 50 and T4 now requires lvl 70

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's for new characters only, I heard it is 40 and 60 not 50 and 70.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Tried out a nmd, was doing 70 with difficulty or mid 60s easily before. I did a 60 and almost got 1 shot several times, but I was able to beat it. 80% of the enemies were invisible though, just saw whatever weapons or shields they had equipped floating in mid air. Kind of reminded me of EQ enchanter pets. 10/10 would patch again

• 1Clown World
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dunno if it’s been mentioned, but a stealth change that wasn’t in the patch notes is T3 now requires lvl 50 and T4 now requires lvl 70
Jooka said it was 40 for WT3 and 60 for WT4, yesterday. Did they nerf it even more so people would stop complaining that the capstone was too hard when your 10 levels under? LOL!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Legit think Sorcs got 40% less powerful overall with this patch.

This probably isn’t the the whole list, but it’s where I gave up at.

Damage Reduction from Enemies that are Burning: Reduced by ~25%.
Damage Reduction from Close Enemies: Reduced by ~20%.
Total Armor: Reduced by ~30%.
Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies: Decreased by ~30%.
Vulnerable Damage: Reduced by ~40%.
Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Lightning Critical Strike Damage: Reduced by ~17%.
Cooldown Reduction: Reduced by ~30%.
Intelligence: 50% Stronger when on Weapons -> 25% Stronger when on Weapons.
Aspect of Retribution bonus damage to Stunned reduced from 20-40% to 10-20%.
Aspect of Disobedience maximum stacks reduced from 100 to 60, reducing maximum Bonus Armor % from 25%-50% to 15%-30%.
Exploiter's Aspect bonus damage to Unstoppable reduced from 20-50% to 20-40%.
Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage reduced from 10/20/30% to 7/14/21%.
Devouring Blaze bonus Critical Strike damage to Immobilized reduced from 25/50/75% to 10/20/30%.
Fixed an issue where Aspect of Control was applying its damage bonus 3 times for Staggered bosses.
New unique fucking randomly teleports you on evade
lol what the fuck is wrong with this dev team? why do they hate fun so much, buncha tards

also tbf that last point, the oculus has always done that even in D2

• 3Like