Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
"Please come back"
7Vrbnpe.gif

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Fucking yawn

Also, it's what, one month into Season of the Tumor? Two months to go? That seems like a weird time to release the trailer for the next bullshit thing.

Retention is probably shit, and early info with things people ask for might make some of them bite down and endure the current season, since "it gets better soon".

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Retention is probably shit, and early info with things people ask for might make some of them bite down and endure the current season, since "it gets better soon".
How's that appreciably better though? It's basically just slower mud colored D3 at this point.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I guess it's only weird timing for a healthy game. For D4 it makes some sense.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I guess not having to do renown is a plus, I just have no desire to play this again. Got a rogue to 77 pre season 1 and a necro to 65 season 1. The more I played the more it beecame apparent what everyone is saying, that everything in this game is designed to maximize your time played which is fine if it is because it is fun to play, but this game is a tedious slog with zero reward. Will consider it again if it becomes fun at some point during season 25.

I'm out on blizzard. I should have learned my lesson with wc3 reforged. Taking advantage of my nostalgia for 90's blizzard games should be punishable by death.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I haven't logged in about a week. I really have no interest in doing so. Guess the hype is done - more interested in wrapping up the last parts of Shadowbringers in FF14.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah. They even lost me. Have zero desire to play unless they implement a loot filter. Combine some of the rolls on loot. Fix stats on unique items.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah. They even lost me. Have zero desire to play unless they implement a loot filter. Combine some of the rolls on loot. Fix stats on unique items.
Further than that, make class specific uniques actually decent / build defining. 99% of them are trash unless they fit the exact build you're going for.

Gonna make it to 100 and then take a break, and that's only because I have a few friends I'm playing with, playing solo is boring as shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Vampire reminds me of Spencer's posture when he talks.

1692811183013.png

As for the season, we'll see how busy I am w/ other stuff when the time comes.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It's ironic that a loot filter for what amounts to terrible loot overall would make the loot better. It simply takes too long to identify an upgrade at the endgame and when you do get that upgrade it's so tedious to identify that any dopamine or feeling of reward is completely stunted.

The game would need to implement more D3 design to get me back in a future season. Even if there were carrots-- the current affix on items and multiple copies of stats that do the same thing is a dealbreaker. You're just not getting the same reward as D3.

The feeling of reward is garbage in D4 because of itemization decisions that make it tedious to participate in traditional ARPG grinding.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Has it been confirmed that this game actually had 9,000 people involved in development or is that some internet exaggeration that’s going around? I can’t even imagine 9k people working on a small project like this.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Has it been confirmed that this game actually had 9,000 people involved in development or is that some internet exaggeration that’s going around? I can’t even imagine 9k people working on a small project like this.
8985 of them were marketing, amazon employees, USPS employees, google services etc. You know, anyone that ever touched the game literally and figuratively. When I found out that they were copying code from D3 and importing network code from a third party, I wasnt shocked at all. I'd say 10 of them are fresh out of class art nerds, 1 of them is a coder, and 4 of them are managers that "think" they know how to code.
It's ironic that a loot filter for what amounts to terrible loot overall would make the loot better. It simply takes too long to identify an upgrade at the endgame and when you do get that upgrade it's so tedious to identify that any dopamine or feeling of reward is completely stunted.

The game would need to implement more D3 design to get me back in a future season. Even if there were carrots-- the current affix on items and multiple copies of stats that do the same thing is a dealbreaker. You're just not getting the same reward as D3.

The feeling of reward is garbage in D4 because of itemization decisions that make it tedious to participate in traditional ARPG grinding.
If the game had a loot filter, it would have saved me the eye gouging annoyance of my g/f asking me "is this good?" for every single inventory slot, after every single dungeon. She eventually stopped asking me, not because I was being a grouch, but because I think she just stopped caring at all. She logged into New World the other day instead of D4 - thats pretty major.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Was actually 9,166 or something higher than 9k I saw a correction on it somewhere.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's legit from Blizzard but they just listed every person who worked at the company apparently:

With the amount of actual people who worked on it being in the hundreds per role, it's still a very large team that produced something so uninspired. They have no excuse and the entire game design team needs to be fired.

I've been playing Holocure, how easy would it be for them to make a vampire survivors mode? Have portals to hell randomly spawn where endless waves of enemies attack you, periodically an angel comes down to grant you a selection of random booms... once you die you get portalled back to town and loot explosion depending on how well you did...

• 1Like