Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A shit game is a shit game no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

It might have looked solid, but as soon as it was off the lot it fell apart. Shit was a lemon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we come back from vacation and haven't played since labor day and this weekend my wife is like
"hey wanna play d4?"

pause

"nah, it's too much work"

this fucking game is just not fun

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Has less viewers than D3 and D2. Definitely good enough.

Ah shit Pinball FX is only two viewers away!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
More cope. Just come to terms man. You had a mediocre experience that could've been replaced by a million other things. It's totally fine but don't make yourself to be some holier then thou awakened gamer cause you "got your money worth" and anybody who criticizes this game is some autistic screeching moron. Admit your totally fine slurping up shit in a mediocre game from a pathetic company.

Says the guy making shit up because he's too stupid to make a coherent argument. Not sure why people thinking 40 hours of entertainment for $70 is some travesty, but not everyone is a failure in life where that's life changing money.

There's plenty of games i don't play, but can't imagine being such a sad person that I spam the threads attacking everyone and trying to convince them they didn't actually have fun.

You're fucking pathetic

• 1Salty
  • 1Moron

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
More cope. Just come to terms man. You had a mediocre experience that could've been replaced by a million other things. It's totally fine but don't make yourself to be some holier then thou awakened gamer cause you "got your money worth" and anybody who criticizes this game is some autistic screeching moron. Admit your totally fine slurping up shit in a mediocre game from a pathetic company.
I mean, I did enjoy my non-early access purchase, but it definitely needs a TON of work. Very obviously was released unfinished among internal issues / losing key developers / etc.

Actually looking forward to the "2 hour chats" about how Season 2 is gonna turn it all around, I'd guess they need a year minimal, and even that won't be enough if they don't focus on making every build / item fun.

If they can double or triple the amount of class-specific uniques and add Set items that don't suck, I could see myself logging in again down the road. Wishful thinking I'm sure.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like I said before, Season 6 or 7 is when I will check back. They need to make this game fun so you feel powerful and get quality loot drops, which this game is way too far away from right now. Its like the devs are fucking old misers that dot want you to have fun for some fictitious "balance" reasons or some shit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Like I said before, Season 6 or 7 is when I will check back. They need to make this game fun so you feel powerful and get quality loot drops, which this game is way too far away from right now. Its like the devs are fucking old misers that dot want you to have fun for some fictitious "balance" reasons or some shit.
I think it'll be the first expansion before we see a real end game. Im hoping that they eventually graduate into more substantial shit. I dont want them to just do Diablo 3 seasons, just set in Diablo 4 - thats what theyre doing so far and its just fucking lazy.

But its also just as annoying seeing the same few people parachute in and talk about every misgiving the game has had. Not once did they step foot in some real atrocious fucking stinkers that were produced by a AAA studio connected to Activision - but a Blizzard IP? HOW DARE THEY RUIN MY CHILDHOOD!!! .. The lack of mental health is whats appalling.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The best shit ever in D3 would be your shitty character being shitty, then you get some crazy OP weapon and blow everything the fuck up for a bunch of levels until the enemies catch up and you suck again, then getting another crazy OP weapon and repeat.

They went for way too much of a controlled experience where everyone has to do things the way they intended. Like when they nerfed the Barbs HOTA and the patch said something like "Yeah, we know it's fun and makes barbs on par with other classes, but we just don't like the fact that it's due to a bug so now you guys suck again" You should never sacrifice fun for some shitty vision

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Ambiturner Ambiturner 's commute from his home beneath the earth:

1695516598378.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit

You realize it can be both fun and disappointing, right?

I had fun for as long as I played. I stopped playing when the fun dwindled. (70ish hours, played until mid-June, haven't touched the game since).

I also think the game is a colossal disappointment, judging from what I think it could've been. The reason is probably that Blizzard is a washed a up has-been that belongs on C-list "celebrity" reality shows now, when they used to be an actual celebrity.

They key is recognizing when you had your fill of a game. Forcing yourself to play for longer just sours the memory of the fun you had. In D4 I got to level 60 after launch and didn't even touch the season. Because while the campaign and the first few days of grinding were fun, it quickly became clear that the game is not going to be fun for much longer.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You realize it can be both fun and disappointing, right?

I had fun for as long as I played. I stopped playing when the fun dwindled. (70ish hours, played until mid-June, haven't touched the game since).

I also think the game is a colossal disappointment, judging from what I think it could've been. The reason is probably that Blizzard is a washed a up has-been that belongs on C-list "celebrity" reality shows now, when they used to be an actual celebrity.

They key is recognizing when you had your fill of a game. Forcing yourself to play for longer just sours the memory of the fun you had. In D4 I got to level 60 after launch and didn't even touch the season. Because while the campaign and the first few days of grinding were fun, it quickly became clear that the game is not going to be fun for much longer.
This pretty much exactly mirrors my experience.

I had fun and while I was obviously not expecting a "return" of Blizzard, I expected the game to last a bit longer than it did. It didn't even last as long as D3 for me, which is saying a lot. But, I did still have fun, especially the release with FoH bros.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I have to admit I was actually more disappointed with D4 than D3. I guess I was coping hard that D3 was a one-off bad release that wouldn't be repeated; lesson learned there lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Almost everyone that actually played it agrees it was a lot of fun until it wasn't. Why retards like Penance Penance have some autistic sperg out where everyone needs to pretend like that's not the case is anyone's guess, or how he gets the idea that anyone who criticizes the game is attacked.

Everyone criticizes the game, but it's the rewriting of history that's stupid

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Almost everyone that actually played it agrees it was a lot of fun until it wasn't. Why retards like Penance Penance have some autistic sperg out where everyone needs to pretend like that's not the case is anyone's guess, or how he gets the idea that anyone who criticizes the game is attacked.

Everyone criticizes the game, but the rewriting of history that's stupid
Its OK to enjoy Blizzard games and also get made fun of it for it. You lack the self awareness that you can enjoy a game and also the fact that it was a faggot game. But please keep creating amazing strawman arguments and dealing with your own cope. I'll continue to come to this thread and make fun of Blizzard and you specifically since it gets you all riled up.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game was advertised as a long-term live service game that would be monetized with micro transactions and become a staple of the genre. The cope that some people had fun for a few hours so it's a success is a hilarious dismissal of the scope of failure as set by the publisher themselves.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So did they do ANYTHING to make the game better in the last month or so?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user