Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Looks like a lot of changes (Edit: bigger pictures in WoWhead the link at the bottom):
View attachment 520729
View attachment 520730
View attachment 520731
View attachment 520732
View attachment 520733
View attachment 520734

I did not include some extra pictures, demonstrating the changes:

Well this confirms two things, both we already knew.

1. The itemization in this game was full blown aids and they have no clue how to make items

and

2. They are still fucking retarded as shit and they have no clue how to make items.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
Well this confirms two things, both we already knew.

1. The itemization in this game was full blown aids and they have no clue how to make items

and

2. They are still fucking retarded as shit and they have no clue how to make items.
This is a goofy take. They essentially just copied LE and Blizzard'ed it. Seems entirely fine and is miles better than current iteration.

• 1Moron

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So they half ass, kinda copied a system from a small, indie team and its miles better than current?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So 100 dollar expac should really turn this around then, if the itemization overhaul is "LE" status.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Have they done anything to make the core game any more fun?

I can't really point my finger at really just one thing that I didn't like, as it was so many little things that just made the game a chore to play.

I made it through one playthrough of the campaign, and that was about all I could handle. There was absolutely nothing driving me to play past the campaign, let alone start over with another class and do it again.

Chars were slow and sluggish, the open world was terrible, the constant running through a dungeon and needing to back track for keys and doors was tedious, the mob density was low, the itemization was awful.

Just amazing to me that a Diablo title got damn near everything wrong. It wasn't just a single core design that was a mistake and could be fixed, but rather the entire design is terrible.
They made it a lot better in season 2, but undid it in season 3. Who knows what they will fuck up for season 4.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Ok. These are pretty much all the changes people have wanted all along. Not sure the decision on no loot filter, but if it's significant changes on quality over quantity, then OK we will see.

Not quite. They are decreasing the drop rate. These people are functionally retarded.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I didn't watch the whole thing, but still seems like endgame is pretty trash to me. They can improve all they want with drops / skills / crafting / itemization, but what's the point if there is nothing to challenge the decent builds?

I do like that they finally caved on the aspect codex system and making legends / unique tradable, aside from that it still sounds like it needs another 3-5 seasons.

You need to watch the whole vid. They are adding Uber Uber....UBER boss that goes to level 200. There was always an end game boss, it was just a shitty ass fight that wasn't worth it.

Plus they are essentially adding greater rifts in the disguise of "The Pit".

I get it. It's Blizzard (How fucked up is it to say that in a bad tone). I'm not going to knock the clearly positive changes, because they didn't get everything I wanted in for next season. They did get 90% of what I was personally looking for in there if what they are saying comes to be true. Them putting the PTR in lets me think they are confident in what they have changed. Doesn't mean they got it right, but they are confident. I am at least willing to spend 10 mins looking into the game again.

So they half ass, kinda copied a system from a small, indie team and its miles better than current?

I wouldn't say they half-assed it. Everything they showcased/mentioned are good to great changes. Long needed changes.

Not quite. They are decreasing the drop rate. These people are functionally retarded.

I don't mind lower drops rates, as long as what drops is semi-useful. Aaaand how much did they lower the drop rate?

Is it really that hard to create a loot filter? Even a basic filter. Why not just put it in even with the lower drop rates?

I'm at the least going to try the PTR. Like what I see? Maybe I start a season character after skipping the last one.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I never gave much thought into PoE loot filters. I just downloaded a fitting one and started blasting. Last Epochs is another beast, you can basically tailor a filter to specfic item with the affixes you need. It really made me sit down and make it myself so whatever popped up was a good upgrade. Not sure Why D4 cant make one.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never gave much thought into PoE loot filters. I just downloaded a fitting one and started blasting. Last Epochs is another beast, you can basically tailor a filter to specfic item with the affixes you need. It really made me sit down and make it myself so whatever popped up was a good upgrade. Not sure Why D4 cant make one.
Then you’d have to load everyone else loot filter every time you zoned in with them.

• 4Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
You need to watch the whole vid. They are adding Uber Uber....UBER boss that goes to level 200. There was always an end game boss, it was just a shitty ass fight that wasn't worth it.

I get it. It's Blizzard (How fucked up is it to say that in a bad tone). I'm not going to knock the clearly positive changes, because they didn't get everything I wanted in for next season. They did get 90% of what I was personally looking for in there if what they are saying comes to be true. Them putting the PTR in lets me think they are confident in what they have changed. Doesn't mean they got it right, but they are confident. I am at least willing to spend 10 mins looking into the game again.

I wouldn't say they half-assed it. Everything they showcased/mentioned are good to great changes. Long needed changes.

I don't mind lower drops rates, as long as what drops is semi-useful. Aaaand how much did they lower the drop rate?

Is it really that hard to create a loot filter? Even a basic filter. Why not just put it in even with the lower drop rates?

I'm at the least going to try the PTR. Like what I see? Maybe I start a season character after skipping the last one.
They said they want drops to feel impactful. This is exactly what they said before the game was released. These people can't even remember their own decisions. Drop rate was too low, so they raised it. Now they are nerfing it. Two steps forward, three steps back. Making crafting a part of the gearing process. Also pants on head retarded.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Yeah we'll see. I do agree all of the changes are decent and much-needed, just not sure if its enough to get me playing again. Will likely try out the PTR as well if I'm not busy playing other games.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They said they want drops to feel impactful. This is exactly what they said before the game was released. These people can't even remember their own decisions. Drop rate was too low, so they raised it. Now they are nerfing it. Two steps forward, three steps back. Making crafting a part of the gearing process. Also pants on head retarded.
The crafting feels fine to me. In LP almost all my upgrades come from an okay Base Item that I can reroll or add Affixes to. I rather have that than chase items for 5 months like an autist.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
You're goofing. Currently there's too many drops and too many insignificant ones and most things below ilvl 925 you can ignore. They are clearly adressing this in a meaningful way, it seems you dont really understand what is going to change and how its going to impact the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Drop rate was too low AND was 99% junk items/stats. Now the drop rate is low with good/useful stats (so they say). Which is what everyone wanted. That or a loot filter.

They took one step forward. One step back, now this is more like 3 steps forward.

The codex alone is another step forward. Almost as big as the drop rate and stat revamp.

Four seasons it took...one year after release to get their game from passable to good? That's crazy in my book. Especially since almost everything people wanted were EASY fixes and additions.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Drop rate was too low AND was 99% junk items/stats. Now the drop rate is low with good/useful stats (so they say). Which is what everyone wanted. That or a loot filter.

They took one step forward. One step back, now this is more like 3 steps forward.

The codex alone is another step forward. Almost as big as the drop rate and stat revamp.

Four seasons it took...one year after release to get their game from passable to good? That's crazy in my book. Especially since almost everything people wanted were EASY fixes and additions.
Perhaps you will be right, but history tells us these folks will find some big way to screw something up. :D

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So is this stuff live or do we have to wait for season 4?

Either way I'm not sure I have it in me to go back to this.