Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Considering you defended Suicide Squad too, it's probably best to take this with a grain of salt the size of Texas.
Sorry if it hurt your feelings to not participate in the hyperbole Olympics over Suicide Squad.

Good, bad, doesn't matter. The story was forgettable. I barely remember anything about it.
I remember the very early scene where they beat the dude to death in the church. Not much else...but that's more than I remember from 98% of game stories.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Anyone who expected any story after butterfly faggot killing Decard Cain and Trans faggot bitch tits Diablo gets what they deserve.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Usually. But it could be bad in a fun campy/schlocky way, or it could be mostly bad but with some really awesome set pieces here or there. But it's just bleh.

I thought it was pretty bad in a fun way enough that I started paying attention. Mediocre but competent would be worse. They actually killed a main character by having him wander into a pillar of tortured souls in hell and oops himself into a fatal wound. Comedy gold, really, but unintentional imo.

But bad is still bad, especially once it was clear they weren't being intentionally campy bad, that can be good. They seemed very proud of the turd, which made the story funnier, but still bad.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My favorite things about the game are all the inexplicable annoyances.

Like you're doing whispers stuff, are at 7/10, but as you're fighting the herald guy for 5 you finish a kill quest for 3. This puts you at 10/10 and don't get credit for the 5.

If you get 5 at 7/10 it lets you go to 12/10. But the second you hit 10+ you're locked until you turn in the quest, whether you're in the middle of some shit or not.

Why can't they let people just keep getting whisper credits and turn them in at once, ten at a time? I dunno. They generally seem intent on interrupting the flow of game play as much as possible.

Also, important explanations in popups in the middle of fights. Events to click stuff with constantly being interrupted, especially by delay explosions after a mob dies. The fucking tooltip popups that end up covering up stuff and moving positions, I presume so you can still see the game in a game that has you buried in full screen map, seasonal and store screens constantly.

Playing for longer now that it's free and there's a decent game buried somewhere in the game, just so many "do the devs even play games" annoying shit.

Goatface

not been paying any attention in a while, few changes posted yesterday. apparently some are not happy they removed the rng masterwork grind fails
1.4.0 Build #53129 (All Platforms) - May 14, 2024
Updates from the Public Test Realm

Fucker

Log Wizard
Holy balls those S4 patch notes.

Some changes. Horse can be spurred in town. Obol vendor follows regular loot rules...L100 character will always get a 925 on a gamble and can roll greater affixes. Masterworking won't fail. Glyph XP up 25%. WT 2-4 xp gain increased a big chunk.

Basically a big revamp on top of loot revamp

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Some changes. Horse can be spurred in town. Obol vendor follows regular loot rules...L100 character will always get a 925 on a gamble and can roll greater affixes. Masterworking won't fail. Glyph XP up 25%. WT 2-4 xp gain increased a big chunk.

Gettin closer to 1.0

looking forward to D4 going gold someday

• 1Worf

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Is it fun yet?

• 1Seriously?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
There's a fun game under all the annoying and pointless shit. I've never played a game with more "just let me actually play" moments.

And it's the sad but expected practice of them updating the game well after launch with very obvious stuff that should have been in the basic design philosophy from the start.

Like, who knew players would get in the practice of spurring their horse the second they mounted because that's the fucking purpose of faster mounted travel, and then be annoyed at the "you can't do this in town" message every time? Oh, players who actually play games would have pointed that out instantly?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah it is. I messed with almost all the Barbarian builds on the PTR, and can honestly say, they all feel good to great once you get the gear flowing. Some I would say absolutely need to be nerfed like the tornado build.
You had me until you called for nerfs...fuck that buffs only!

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Looking forward to S4, I skipped S3 though. I just hit 1000 paragon, finished the altar, and did the campaign again in D3, so that's all my goals for S31. So timing is good for finding something else to do. Between D4 S4, and the WoW Pandaria remix I should have a nice couple of months sitting on my ass.

• 1Barf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dude. And this was the easiest build to make.

Looks exactly how Path of Exiles ends up. Just a screen full of some spell effect and you cant see shit. A lot of the other changes are good, but I liked the fact that it D4 "DIDNT" look like POE at end game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They also nerfed the visuals of the dust devils so it's no where near as bad as it is in Rob's video. They showed the new visuals in the campfire chat at one point