Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Burns

Helltide rep moves pretty fast if you fish for Maiden groups, then in the last 10 minutes, run around opening the small chests that give something like 125 rep each. Dunno where the stones are on the rep though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Helltide rep moves super fast if you cheese it for perma-enrage. My druid hit max rep at 90 (for comparison my necro is 100 and still only halfway through the last rank), probably would've been 83-85 ish if I hadn't done a chunk of leveling in NMDs to get my mandatory rank 15 glyphs. Also I didn't start doing it I'd already been in WT4 a while; started at 50 so probably around 55-57 when I first setup the cheese. Going to level up a Bash barb next, should be interesting to see how much faster I can hit max rep with it.

Downside is that it can be really fucking hard to loot any chests if you aren't a necro. Also, don't sit at maiden, especially when leveling still. A lot of the mobs she spawns give zero xp or rep, and also the hellworms/elite spawns slow way down if you stay in one spot for a while. I pretty much just mark a chest and walk to it, and I get so many shards on the way that even the most expensive chests can be opened by the time I get there. And it probably goes without saying that you need a rather tanky build to pull it off. It's almost impossible for my druid to die because of how the wind shear build works, but it has happened a couple times when I got distracted. You can log out as much as you want and keep it rolling, but you can't die (even in NMD or Pit) and I don't think you can switch characters without losing it.

It's also pretty hilarious when you have a couple other people who are clearly using the exploit around you. The screen is just full of elites constantly.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Levelled Dust Devil Barb and it's better than Necro. Shotguns most things dead immediately and beating regular Duriel in the first phase (you need to do 75% of his health at the start of the phase transition).

Helltides have gotten old already, not sure I can do another season of this. It's fine to pass through but staying in is too repetivie. Nightmare Dungeons are also boring after a while but at least the glyph exp is a good speed now.

Bossing is the worst system it could possibly be, hardcoding the bosses and the summon alter making them visible is retarded design. If they were spawned then we could chain summon them. I've got 100s of some of the mats now that I can't use up in a timely way, as soon as I got a good enough 925 build unique I was out of there.

Looking forward to doing some leaderboard stuff now. This is my third character this season so they got alt friendliness right at least.

The game is better than Diablo Immortal now but it's still phone game quality. PoE2 should annihilate this with ease.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got two *** items today. One was a helm with the absolute worst stats possible. Not that it matters, every build seems to want Harlequin Crest or some other unique anyway.

This was a lot more interesting though:
1716758339078.png

So close to perfect, just needed to be DoT damage for the druid. Can't decide whether to roll off the chd for 120% DoT dmg or save it for my barb and roll the willpower to 180 strength. Leaning towards the latter since I think even a single greater that rolls 180% DoT damage would be better. Anyone who plays bash barb able to confirm if that's the best way to go?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know what's really good game design. 1 shot game mechanics in a game with screens filled with pig shit. How these American Inventors have jobs is beyond me at times.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
You know what's really good game design. 1 shot game mechanics in a game with screens filled with pig shit. How these American Inventors have jobs is beyond me at times.
Yeah always reminds me of how FF14 builds up the visual language of boss telegraphing gradually throughout the game until you have extremely complex one shot mechanics which you can competently navigate by the end of the game.

D4 just suddenly decides that it has positional mechanics now with some of the end game bosses, with Lilith having them be one shots. Where was this shit in the entire rest of the game?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Helltide rep moves super fast if you cheese it for perma-enrage. My druid hit max rep at 90 (for comparison my necro is 100 and still only halfway through the last rank), probably would've been 83-85 ish if I hadn't done a chunk of leveling in NMDs to get my mandatory rank 15 glyphs. Also I didn't start doing it I'd already been in WT4 a while; started at 50 so probably around 55-57 when I first setup the cheese. Going to level up a Bash barb next, should be interesting to see how much faster I can hit max rep with it.

Downside is that it can be really fucking hard to loot any chests if you aren't a necro. Also, don't sit at maiden, especially when leveling still. A lot of the mobs she spawns give zero xp or rep, and also the hellworms/elite spawns slow way down if you stay in one spot for a while. I pretty much just mark a chest and walk to it, and I get so many shards on the way that even the most expensive chests can be opened by the time I get there. And it probably goes without saying that you need a rather tanky build to pull it off. It's almost impossible for my druid to die because of how the wind shear build works, but it has happened a couple times when I got distracted. You can log out as much as you want and keep it rolling, but you can't die (even in NMD or Pit) and I don't think you can switch characters without losing it.

It's also pretty hilarious when you have a couple other people who are clearly using the exploit around you. The screen is just full of elites constantly.
My wind sheer set up was getting killed by Tormented Duriel (fight lasted too long and every small thing became a 1 shot) and Lilith just fine... but I was only able to get to 60% baseline haste and a 89% chance to proc a double wind sheer. I dunno how you get to 80% haste baseline, let alone 110%+ without weeks of farming shit (Helltide for items and Pit for upgrade mats). Of course normal Duriel dies within seconds, which is why I thought I would give tormented a try. The Pit was starting to slow down in the 50s, where I was only getting 1 promotion level at a time, so that became too dull to continue too.

I also started a barb, just to mess around for a bit. Leveling at maiden from 1-50 was really fast but there was some geared necro there PLing a friend. Side effect was that a lot of legos with barb only aspects dropped, to get those in the book quickly. I might try the sploit for a little bit, and see if it become a bore or not.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
My buddy plays frozen orb, I'm playing barb. 99% of my deaths are me dying to a ground effect I never get to see because of pulsing white-blue shit everywhere.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The true ARPG endgame is to stand in the fire and assert dominance. It seriously might be easier for the developers to give you the ability to tank 1-shots than program particle sliders. We've been begging for that shit for *years* in PoE. The technology doesn't exist!

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
So, to make sure I'm not missing anything, the only permanent thing the last tier (Destroyer) of the seasonal journey rewards are 2 extra words in the title selection screen?

I switched the wind sheer druid build, and it was much better than the always out of mana on bosses tornado build, but the amount of grinding to get the gear leveled up to kill tormented level 200 bosses is far too much for me.

Also, popsicledeath popsicledeath , regarding an earlier post about leaving legos laying around in Helltides, I think as long as you pick the items up, then drop them, they will stay until you come back to pick them up. I didn't try leaving 50+ items on the ground when a Helltide despawned, but I have left form yellows to vendor, that were still there when porting back. I did start to just drop all non-star legos and yellows on the ground, when a killing Maiden, then make ~3 trips to the bank, once the 15 min mark hit. So 60+ items sitting around stayed there as I ported to town and back.
Supposedly you also get a title for finishing 100% in all the season pass tiers. I opted out of that because it requires killing uber Lillith and doing pvp shit.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only time I got Lilith down was S2 with busted Orb Sorc that one shotted her to last phase.

I cant see shit what I'm supposed to evade on my Necro, will try one more time now that I'm 100 and maxed glyphs.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I tried Lilith recently. It's not as one shot because there's a torment stack mechanic or some shit that builds to the one shot, but she's got a ton of health and it's just not fun. I didn't bother to figure it out as I'd rather have what little fun can be had slaughtering shit, not going blind squinting trying to see what's killing me among the myriad particle effects.

I almost beat her a couple times on my mediocre melee rogue last season, which was almost fun learning the fight. Now, it's just an unfun slog where Blizzard sees more one shot mechanics or boosted, massive hp pools as the solution to all difficulty and challenge problems.

Same with pits where you breeze through the same trash over and over and then end up with a long ass boss fight that is killable, but isn't fun. Or is that Outlaw Sharpshooter asshole or Frost Spirit Shaman that have spammy one shot mechanics and carpet the ground with red hazards and it becomes not fun.

Same with nightmare dungeons, grind over and over until something that wasn't great, but at least useful, becomes unfun.

The gearing as you approach 100 and start really solidifying your build is okay, but then the grind for anything at all worth upgrading gets tedious and unfun. Sure, get in a group chaining summons or carrying you through Lilith kills if you want a more efficient lack of fun. But still not fun.

The most fun at some point is deleting lesser bosses that used to be a challenge, but then you just keep getting shitty versions of increasingly obsolete uniques and it's a temporary novelty, which isn't great fun.

Creating a new build is an unfun pita. Fun to theory craft. Not fun actually trying to get a second set of gear and skills and the unfun fucking paragon board system. So, just look up a build and grind toward it, which isn't fun.

The game should have been built from the ground up around Hell Tides since it's one of the only consistently fun things to do in the game. Imagine Hell Tides World Bosses. Put/rift style controlled challenges up against the hordes of hell. Reputation and a currency system like with pvp shards you could save to put toward gear or cosmetic purchases instead of just RNG drops.

Could have been fun.

• 3Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Next week?! Meh, doubt I will still be playing by then. Switched to Tornado from Pulverize at 91, did a HellTide and a Pit run; while Tornado is nice on trash, I spend something like 14+ seconds dancing around out of mana, which is bore. Might not even make level 100, depending on if I want to do the last tier of Season's Journey, which looks to only award... a shitty title?!?

Gotta use trample to keep the mana. Be sure to get the cd talent for it too.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
We've talked about a fair bit of things they have improved upon on this game since release and regardless of any improvements they may have made or maybe will make the biggest issue at the moment is how piss poor dog shit this game runs over 1/2 the fucking time. The amount of hidden walls, rubber banding, and other retard American Inventor shit probably because they are too fucking stupid to code the game right so it's probably loading up about 10,000 fucking things it doesn't fucking need to like random dick American Inventor 02's stash space or whatever poorly coded nonsense they added. Makes the game fucking unplayable.

I do find the walls and rubber banding mildly annoying.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Wait, so how do you cheese it? Am I retarded and misunderstand the explanation?

Burns

Gotta use trample to keep the mana. Be sure to get the cd talent for it too.
I was using trample on cooldown for bosses and I was still standing (running) around OOM most of the time. Don't remember any talent to reduce cooldown, just the aspect that resets the cooldown on kill. So it's great for zipping around clearing a zone, but incredibly dull if the dungeon has a boss with zero adds.

I switched to Wind Sheer shortly after hitting 100 and never looked back. Was a little dubious that I would like Wind Sheer, since it's not as tanky, but it turned out to be much more fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I was using trample on cooldown for bosses and I was still standing (running) around OOM most of the time. Don't remember any talent to reduce cooldown, just the aspect that resets the cooldown on kill. So it's great for zipping around clearing a zone, but incredibly dull if the dungeons has a boss with zero adds.

I switched to Wind Sheer shortly after hitting 100 and never looked back. Was a little dubious that I would like Wind Sheer, since it's not as tanky, but it turned out to be much more fun.

I’ll have to check it out. Werenado was too squishy for me to keep scaling w my nec buddy.