Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for trying, Mur. Those are super weird hops, it must be trying to find your closest/best/lowest ping location.
Also:
Matt Damon Surprise GIF by Film at Lincoln Center

the martian GIF

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The copium on reddit is great. Hilarious takes on how they're gonna fix the balance, dungeons, bosses. Because it only beta and act 1 and level 25. It's all gonna be fine. Morons. Blizzard aint gonna fix shit. The game is essentially done. Beta is just for game breaking stuff, money grab and testing server stability.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's beyond obvious they are being forced to release at least 4-5 months earlier than they should. Balance is completely wild and the UI character screen needs a complete makeover for PC players. The item level thing makes sense for endgame I guess, but while you're leveling it makes good drops completely meaningless once you gain 5 or so levels.

The Barb balance felt more like an alpha build than a beta. I can't remember a class being that under-tuned in a beta ever.

I will give them credit that they got the art style right this time, and I like that combat is slower and more tactical rather than being a running aoe spam machine like in D3 and PoE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I will give them credit that they got the art style right this time, and I like that combat is slower and more tactical rather than being a running aoe spam machine like in D3 and PoE.

This is the one thing I like. Seems good enough to buy for playthrough. I'm still concerned if they can make it interesting in the log run, I see a lot of red flags in the shape of WoW, D:I and Lost Ark features being ported in.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Barb, at lvl25 (of 100), was very gear dependent. Once you got gear with the perks you wanted, the Barb felt fine. It certainly wasn't as strong out of the box as Sorc.

Making sweeping judgements about the game seems a bit pointless, and just comes off as looking for something to criticize. Not sure I understand the complaints about the UI, it was fine for me, especially when compared with other arpgs of today.

My biggest concern for D4 is the Live Team being able to create content. I can't see them being able to continually refresh the various dungeons in a way that keeps them interesting.

The dream is for the D4 team being able to create something like LE's Monoliths and PoE's Maps, but still have the visual quality we see in the first Act.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
What's the best time to log in for this to best queue?

Exactly on the hour, or is it open before?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the best time to log in for this to best queue?

Exactly on the hour, or is it open before?
Probably start trying 10-15m before official opening. I wouldn't expect to play much today due queues and server crashes as several hundred thousand ppl try to get on, lol.

Edit: I'll trying to get on both PC and PS5 today, I imagine the PS5 will have an easier time.

• 1Like

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Barb, at lvl25 (of 100), was very gear dependent. Once you got gear with the perks you wanted, the Barb felt fine. It certainly wasn't as strong out of the box as Sorc.

Making sweeping judgements about the game seems a bit pointless, and just comes off as looking for something to criticize. Not sure I understand the complaints about the UI, it was fine for me, especially when compared with other arpgs of today.

My biggest concern for D4 is the Live Team being able to create content. I can't see them being able to continually refresh the various dungeons in a way that keeps them interesting.

The dream is for the D4 team being able to create something like LE's Monoliths and PoE's Maps, but still have the visual quality we see in the first Act.

Saw a tweet from a dev about if the versions of characters are the same as we will get on release, or an older / different version, and the reply was "different". Not sure why, but I guess they are happy with what will actually be released as far as character balance, and are really only interested in testing stability, and certain systems.

Also saw a tweet stating that the already have the next expansion done, and have basically a years head start on "content".

I am shit at remembering videos, but I will see if I can find the correct one in the sea of garbage D4 videos.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
I'll be logging on to the Australian Server, so 2 AM local time.
Reckon I'll get straight on with very little fuss. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The current dungeons are complete garbage in terms of layout and randomization, and so far the only thing I've heard about for actual endgame is so-called Nightmare versions of them. Since you have to craft sigils to access them, the whole thing sounds like a pain in the ass. Rift keys in D3 were bad enough. I guess there's world bosses too but injecting MMO faggotry into an ARPG is the absolute last thing I wanted (what I actually want is an option to remove other players from my 'open world' gameplay unless I specifically group with them).

The game is a lot better than I expected it to be, even taking into account the level 25 cap and only seeing the first zone, but I don't see myself buying it without a hell of a lot more/better plans outlined for the endgame loop. Personally I'm hoping the courts tell Sony to fuck off and the MS/Activision deal goes through and then D4 will just show up on Game Pass like everything else MS owns.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw a tweet from a dev about if the versions of characters are the same as we will get on release, or an older / different version, and the reply was "different". Not sure why, but I guess they are happy with what will actually be released as far as character balance, and are really only interested in testing stability, and certain systems.

Also saw a tweet stating that the already have the next expansion done, and have basically a years head start on "content".

I am shit at remembering videos, but I will see if I can find the correct one in the sea of garbage D4 videos.

Hate to be a pessimist, but I wouldn't believe any developer that says this.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Especially not Blizzard. They will see all the "unintended use of game mechanics" people found in the beta and nerf that shit with a sledgehammer.

• 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Especially not Blizzard. They will see all the "unintended use of game mechanics" people found in the beta and nerf that shit with a sledgehammer.

That's basically every developer. GL finding one that doesn't care and just lets people go wild. Those days are long gone. Even more so for any game that is online with other people. Offline single player games only may be a bit more forgiving.

Mur

Trakanon Raider

Oh, I know, just tossing out some info that some might have missed. Take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah emergent gameplay is pretty much extinct.

Do be on the look out for corpses (dead Villager etc) that don't despawn, but instead allow endless drops. I tried to report, but the Bug UI would close on me. So fuck em.

• 2Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I have seen reported that there is a closed Endgame (lvl 100+) beta ongoing with high-playtime D2 and D3 players. How much will things change? Things working not as intended may change. Things the Deva didn't foresee and receiving universal clamor may change. But anyone who thinks that they haven't thought through, committee-meetinged and play-tested the shit out of this already is fooling themselves. What releases is the game that they want and think is at least MVP (Minimum Viable Product) that will keep the player base and stockholders happy. I guarantee some executive has been putting sales estimates on PowerPoint presentations for a year about D4. Map Transparent overlay? Probably should be there but someone didn't think they could do it and still ship on time. Are you going to tell me that in the Bazillion™ hours of closed beta player testing they did no one suggested a feature from almost all of the previous games in the series?

I am always amazed at how so many of these things spend years in development hell and then are slap-crashed together crunched in the last 18 months; looking at you Anthem. Hopefully some of people want can be fixed or added but probably few major things (dungeons) are going to change.