Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have had bad luck with both sorc and necro and mainly got generic legendary skills or off spec ones.

Would have loved more hydras and skellies.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Beat the boring world boss and got full legendary. There does seems to be a lot of world content (if repetitive) and I like the new overworld map setup.

Since hell doesn't appear to be a location on the map, would be cool if the new rift system was randomly generated layers of hell?

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Love this shield.

1679769009619.png

• 5Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Druid and Barb were "okay" when decked out in legos at 25. Now imagine having some crappy yellows and maybe one lego. That will be slow as hell killing until 50. Hopefully it's just like 50% higher or something.
If killing is slow, drop to World Tier 1. 20% more XP is not worth things having double the HPs if you don't have the damage.

But ideally, the game is best on World Tier 2, with a group.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Dev update talked about finding and fixing a number of backend/infra bugs. A bunch of changes announced; Gem tab/bag is coming as well

I was steamrolling at 23 on my necro bone fragments/blood surge/corpse explosion/bone spear with a point in blood mist and almost full legendaries, including the one that makes blood mist explode corpses. Then trying to clear Malrok? and did great until the final boss, who seemed to be designed specifically to kill me: No adds, so no corpses, frozen orbs prevented my minions and eventually me from defending themselves so they got wiped out, no corpses meant no replacements once they died, bone spear didn't do enough dmg to kill him straight out, arena was too small to effectively kite, and I couldn't get past the too many frozen orbs in the last phase. I probably should have respected into a DoT and a slow but it was late.

I am really enjoying it. We'll see if the endgame has any staying power, its not my primary concern but these guys seem like they will make the necessary changes.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Dev update talked about finding and fixing a number of backend/infra bugs. A bunch of changes announced; Gem tab/bag is coming as well

I was steamrolling at 23 on my necro bone fragments/blood surge/corpse explosion/bone spear with a point in blood mist and almost full legendaries, including the one that makes blood mist explode corpses. Then trying to clear Malrok? and did great until the final boss, who seemed to be designed specifically to kill me: No adds, so no corpses, frozen orbs prevented my minions and eventually me from defending themselves so they got wiped out, no corpses meant no replacements once they died, bone spear didn't do enough dmg to kill him straight out, arena was too small to effectively kite, and I couldn't get past the too many frozen orbs in the last phase. I probably should have respected into a DoT and a slow but it was late.

I am really enjoying it. We'll see if the endgame has any staying power, its not my primary concern but these guys seem like they will make the necessary changes.

You can get that one talent that makes corpses when you hit mobs, its double chance on bosses. iirc it maxes out at 10%, so 20% on bosses. Helps a ton on bosses that have no adds or had mobs in the area before hand to build corpses up. I needed it on the one boss that was the final of act 1, since my pets died to the screen wide ground effects where you had to hide under a bubble to avoid.

• 1Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Okay whats the deal with the skill ability on skeletons?

1/2 the time it doesn't work no matter what I do..

Supposed to increase minion dmg by 20% and heal them for 10% of their life for 5 seconds. No cooldown as far as I am aware.

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider

Supposed to increase minion dmg by 20% and heal them for 10% of their life for 5 seconds. No cooldown as far as I am aware.
Needs a corpse.

• 1Like

Cinge

Vyemm Raider

The thing that summons the priest? Takes a corpse to do it and you are at your max pets(otherwise will just summon a pet to fill in).

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I wish the necro minions look more dark/grim. Currently with the cartoon blue glow, they feel like

200w.gif

Shit, blizzard is going to sell badass looking minions skin for $...

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
I wish the necro minions look more dark/grim. Currently with the cartoon blue glow, they feel like

View attachment 465676

Shit, blizzard is going to sell badass looking minions skin for $...

Now you are using your noggin. They looked at PoE monetization and got a general idea about how people feel about it. Noone really cries about alternate skill visuals or outfits so that's an easy way to pay a few artists to continually crank em out like GGG does. I assume mount armor will fall into that category as well.

From a business perspective it makes total sense. Between that and battlepass it will pay for a dedicated team for years while being profitable instead of shuffling them all off to the next game / firing them like most studios do after a game and its expansion are released.

The nice thing is that since its really a single player game outside of optional groupsing I can ignore it all and just enjoy the game for years.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That happened to me as well. I was actually under the ground. So there are clearly still geometry etc issues in this build

• 1Faggotry

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1679788495982.png

Copium. "There's just 2 more things you gotta see that will make the game GREAT"

The game will be mid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Game seems fine. Will really have to see what end game is to see how long it lasts. Definitely felt like there were more than one build per class, but I only played Necro and watched Rogue/Barb/Sorc.

If they have a good end game close to PoE Maps and D3 Rifts could be enjoyable for a while. Will see what time gate shit they have though, that's what a lot of my worry weighs on.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 465713

Copium. "There's just 2 more things you gotta see that will make the game GREAT"

The game will be mid.
That is cope: "There is a super great build coming that makes this game amazing!!!" The game is what the game is. I like what I see though but don't expect too much more than that. They can fix and change a few things, as they stated: Add a gem bag, make it clear that you should use the "Leave dungeon" from the wheel, clean up some bugs, another few fixes here and there. There is never some magic build where all your dreams come true and broccoli tastes like cotton candy and sex on the beach is enjoyable. But the game is pretty fun as it is and I will be sad to see it go until 6/6. Still going to work on leveling the Rogue and the Druid to 25 in the interim.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The game isn't awful, but it's super fucking milquetoast for being 70 goddamn dollars plus who knows what else in passes etc.

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users