Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Could have solved that by releasing Act 2 as well so we could check out mounts.

The game clearly wasn't intended to be played without them.
Or solved it by releasing the entire game, all five acts. Better yet, locking the doors and setting the building on fire. Fuck Blizzard for making another Diablo game after D2.

BETTER YET: Releasing the SMOD into the Upper atmosphere because ungrateful fucks have to walk AND loot in game while listening to unnecessary voice acting.
Movie Film GIF by Greenland

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm all for criticizing the game...just bring something with a little more substance.

If there was no voice acting (or very little) there would be just as many people complaining about how there is no voice acting.

Never seen this complaint about a single game in the history of fucking ever. This take is about as stupid as more money = better game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The same fags tried to dickride Diablo Immortal too.
You say that, but half the fags you're talking about that dickrode Immortal and spent money on it are here talking shit about Diablo 4. Diablo Immortal had fucking hour long videos about spending $10k dollars and still being shit at the game. Like what kind of red flag do you need to know that spending 135k dollars is whats needed to make your character max power?

Hell, come to look at the names being critical of D4 - most of them were the ones that spent money on Diablo Immortal. Yet Im suppose to take their critical review of D4 seriously? lul

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm all for criticizing the game...just bring something with a little more substance.

If there was no voice acting (or very little) there would be just as many people complaining about how there is no voice acting.
Original argument was to do with VA and resource management, how most of the side quests are just fluff and don't contribute anything to the narrative, and that it would be much more enjoyable if we could not deal with it other then spamming esc.

Your take is "stream of garbage about voice acting" offering no counter points.

Then you ask for substance in criticizing shit.

Followed by a strawman argument.

Be better.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Right so I've got like 50+ hours out of beta, all classes over 20 and here are tldr thoughts:

Combat is crisp, fluid and fun - short of Lost Ark, it's the best combat in the genre. Even the classes that everyones memeing on (dr00d/barb) are fun to play to me. The world itself is grim, and beautifully lit and looks superb on my 4090 powered rig. Class balance aside, I enjoyed them all for the most part (not a big fan of the fag looking skellies for necro and it's enough to get me not to play that class on release).

World boss is... ok? It's boring and fills the same void as WB's in WOW (aka do it for loot and forget about it). Nothing worth getting excited for. Dungeons... some are good, most are pretty mediocre. The bosses themselves are very vanilla, and the dungeons with clicky items to unlock the boss suck dick because of the layouts.

World itself is really great but it's a fucking CHORE to traverse the map at times. Mounts should help, but everything is so spread out and a lot of that is empty space. I don't mind the events generally as leveling tools, but they offer little in the way of interesting gameplay.

MMO-esque bullshit. It detracts from the game, just like Lost Ark. It's actually why I can't stomach playing LA anymore (even though the combat is 10/10). Logging in daily to do whatever for +3 gooder is just not fun for me anymore at all. I don't want to be obligated to do anything in any game not in my own time. I'm too old for that bullshit. Remains to be seen how it's implemented here, but I have a bad feeling it'll be something similar.

Level Scaling - Big meh. Every class in beta (until 25 and you're showered in lego's) feels like shit as you level (except Rogue, which somehow just gets more imba the more you level due to two broken and soon to be nerfed skills). I understand why they went that direction, but it doesn't feel great.

Overall, I will buy this game as the moment to moment combat is exceptional and I love spending time working up my own builds in a world that is wonderfully crafted and stunning looking on my pc. Post story, I have a feeling this will turn to liquid dogshit within 5 hours but I'll get my $ out of it easily. No doubt they'll add a hilariously stupid battle pass, and they'll hold back a big chunk of content as DLC.... but shit I've got more hours into Act 1 of Beta than most single player RPG's in two weekends for the price of a chicken sandwich.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Original argument was to do with VA and resource management, how most of the side quests are just fluff and don't contribute anything to the narrative, and that it would be much more enjoyable if we could not deal with it other then spamming esc.

Your take is "stream of garbage about voice acting" offering no counter points.

Then you ask for substance in criticizing shit.

Followed by a strawman argument.

Be better.
Yes you guys are writing a lot without saying shit. You don't like side quests that don't contribute to the story...lol what? That's why its a fucking SIDE quest.

Resource management. Forum bros think the budget should have been 2% toward VA instead of 5%. Thanks for typing - riveting feedback here.

All of the little things add into the overall experience of a game. Do we really need a day night cycle? Do we really need tracks in snow as the character walks through it? Do we really need death animations for wild life?

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Do we really need spell animations? Do we really need character animations? Do we really need an art department? Should there even be a game?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yes you guys are writing a lot without saying shit. You don't like side quests that don't contribute to the story...lol what? That's why its a fucking SIDE quest.

Resource management. Forum bros think the budget should have been 2% toward VA instead of 5%. Thanks for typing - riveting feedback here.

All of the little things add into the overall experience of a game. Do we really need a day night cycle? Do we really need tracks in snow as the character walks through it? Do we really need death animations for wild life?

You are being a retarded faggot because you like the game and are angry that other people are critical of it. Fuck you, we were excited about this game for years and were begging them to do other things. Here is my wish list post from TWENTY NINETEEN and then another one that I thought was funny from Hatorade Hatorade in 2020. We were cautiously optimistic that it would be something other than a basic experience and are now disappointed that it is turning out to be just that.

Wishlist:

- All items tradeable (no BoE/BoP)
- Deep skill trees (a la D2)
- Some sort of trade enabler (bounty board, AH, interactive trade market)
- RUNE WORDS and CHARMS
- Deeper crafting than D3
- A return of the bounties from D3, but with deeper integration and reward structure
- Skippable cutscenes in-game and cinematic

Just give me slots and runewords again in D4, instead of farming the primal version with the best stats let me farm words and slots. Or you know spend those millions of dollars and make something innovative and fun.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
You are being a retarded faggot because you like the game and are angry that other people are critical of it. Fuck you, we were excited about this game for years and were begging them to do other things. Here is my wish list post from TWENTY NINETEEN and then another one that I thought was funny from Hatorade Hatorade in 2020. We were cautiously optimistic that it would be something other than a basic experience and are now disappointed that it is turning out to be just that.
Lol...I'm the retarded faggot for enjoying what was put in front of me instead of bitching about every little thing I don't like? I really don't get this attitude. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything from your personal list of demands. They aren't your girlfriend. They haven't cheated on you...if you don't want to play the game then duck out and play something else. The scorned lover attitude is beyond silly.

...and I'm angry? uh no, I'm responding to some of the dumber criticisms that are being posted but its hard to keep up.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or you know spend those millions of dollars and make something innovative and fun.

How long is it going to be before people ask for D3 Season 29? A few months?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol...I'm the retarded faggot for enjoying what was put in front of me instead of bitching about every little thing I don't like? I really don't get this attitude. Blizzard doesn't owe you anything from your personal list of demands. They aren't your girlfriend. They haven't cheated on you...if you don't want to play the game then duck out and play something else. The scorned lover attitude is beyond silly.

...and I'm angry? uh no, I'm responding to some of the dumber criticisms that are being posted but its hard to keep up.
And we don't owe them our cash.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ah, nice. The argument that all their individual design decisions are inherently good because somewhere there is someone who might like something.

Sometimes things are just shit and rational people can see it as such.

Any of you desperate shills going to go on the record to defend all the side quests and random NPCs they spent time and resources voicing? C'mon, there's always one. Keyword: immersion. Say the line, fanboy!

Rational people in this thread may or may not like or want to support the game... but then there are the rationalizers.

Ok how about this. Lets bet on whether or not this game sells more than a million copies. Since it's such a steaming pile of shit, in your opinion, surely it won't, right? Cause it's just a pile of terrible decisions that nobody likes and they're just trying to shove shit down peoples throats knowing that the entire market hates it, right?

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You know damn well every one of these retard faggots going "but muh voice acting" insta spammed spacebar and escape every time one of these worthless npc fucks uttered a single syllable.

Right, cause it's a terrible idea to include options that some players like and make them skippable for ones who might not. That's horrible design right there if i've ever seen it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ok how about this. Lets bet on whether or not this game sells more than a million copies. Since it's such a steaming pile of shit, in your opinion, surely it won't, right? Cause it's just a pile of terrible decisions that nobody likes and they're just trying to shove shit down peoples throats knowing that the entire market hates it, right?

The reason people here, on this forum, are vocal about games like these are because they will be successful and perpetuate the phoned in dev style and garbage game systems.

Saying "Eh, whatever. It'll probably be shallow but it's a Blizzard game so it'll probably be fun until I pay attention to what the game actually is" is certainly a viewpoint. But it's why they keep making games like this. Games that even the people buying them are lukewarm about at best.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
OU Ariakas said:
Wishlist:

- All items tradeable (no BoE/BoP)
- Deep skill trees (a la D2)
- Some sort of trade enabler (bounty board, AH, interactive trade market)
- RUNE WORDS and CHARMS
- Deeper crafting than D3
- A return of the bounties from D3, but with deeper integration and reward structure
- Skippable cutscenes in-game and cinematic
- BoE/BoP is stupid, I don't think many people disagree with that.
- How the fuck did D2 have deep skill trees, lol. You pick a main skill and you dump the rest of your points into the skills that boost its dmg that you will never use.
- trading would be nice but i'm not crying over there not being an AH
- rune words were stupid as shit, all they did was make it so no other loot mattered because the goal was to get your full set of runewords that were all BiS. Charms were stupid as fuck too. Hurr, here's a game all about killing monsters to get loot, now fill your inventory up with items that make you do more damage and pick up no items because you have no inventory space because its all full of charms.
- crafting? an MMO thing, coming into MY arpg!? Garbage! Heresy!
- I don't know if i've found anything not skippable other than the minor crap they make you watch as you approach instead of stuff that is triggered when you interact but I wasn't trying to skip the cutscenes.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The reason people here, on this forum, are vocal about games like these are because they will be successful and perpetuate the phoned in dev style and garbage game systems.

Saying "Eh, whatever. It'll probably be shallow but it's a Blizzard game so it'll probably be fun until I pay attention to what the game actually is" is certainly a viewpoint. But it's why they keep making games like this. Games that even the people buying them are lukewarm about at best.
Except everyone here isn't trying to change things, they're just running around calling people names for enjoying something that they want everyone to hate, and then saying they're gonna buy it when it goes on sale anyways.