Diablo II - Resurrected

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol Blizzard refunding something.

Nice meme.
Pretty sure they had to refund something like 90% of WC3 remaster orders. Admittedly this was completely fucked and D2:R is mostly online fucked

1634238506714.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Never played either. This or Hades??

::looks at recent posts:: Uhh

Well, Blizzard definitely has problems in 2021.

Suffice to say I was gonna get Hades, but now I'm wondering if I'd have a better time with D2.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hades is awesome. This is a 20 year old game with servers they can’t keep online.

Get Hades.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man the 6+ player games really speed things up. Started a level 1 Amazon a few hours ago. She's now level 22 and cleared Act 5.

Really nice if you can get in a group that stays together and clears all the acts.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game absolutely murders my memory utilization and causes my GPU to get really hot.

I tried locking FPS at 60 to fix the issue, which helped but only if absolutely nothing else is running.

However, locking FPS at 60 both in game and in GPU settings made the game way more responsive, so if anyone is experiencing slight hitching or input lag you may want to try that.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
No issues on my 2070 Super, other than it gets subtly choppy if I'm playing a YT video on the second monitor.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This game absolutely murders my memory utilization and causes my GPU to get really hot.

I tried locking FPS at 60 to fix the issue, which helped but only if absolutely nothing else is running.

However, locking FPS at 60 both in game and in GPU settings made the game way more responsive, so if anyone is experiencing slight hitching or input lag you may want to try that.
Which gpu you have? I have a 3080 and I capped the frame rate in game but not in the gpu. Is there a setting in Nvidia control panel to cap it?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hades is awesome. This is a 20 year old game with servers they can’t keep online.

Get Hades.

Got Hades, can't wait to start plowing that. I still need to play Diablo 2 but I guess I'll wait until it's more stable and my slate isn't as overloaded as it is now.

I 'member in 2000 or so, people were calling Diablo 2 the "Everquest killer" for a little while. I think there were a few "Everquest killers" at the time but I especially 'member D2 getting called that by a lot of people.

Khane

Which gpu you have? I have a 3080 and I capped the frame rate in game but not in the gpu. Is there a setting in Nvidia control panel to cap it?

I have a 1080ti

Yes it's settings in the nVidia control panel:

The only thing I've found that helps with the memory utilization issue is going into the task manager and setting the priority level of D2R to high. GPU runs cooler this way but still hotter than it should.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got Hades, can't wait to start plowing that. I still need to play Diablo 2 but I guess I'll wait until it's more stable and my slate isn't as overloaded as it is now.

I 'member in 2000 or so, people were calling Diablo 2 the "Everquest killer" for a little while. I think there were a few "Everquest killers" at the time but I especially 'member D2 getting called that by a lot of people.

EQ was never big enough for anyone to consider an "Everquest killer".

Chris

Potato del Grande

Pretty sure Diablo 2 had more players than Everquest.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure Diablo 2 had more players than Everquest.
Probably. A subscription was a real detriment to getting new players back then. It was not a common thing. I remember thinking how fucking weird it was and seemed expensive when I first heard about it. The only mainstream things that had subscriptions back then was cable and the internet itself.

• 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Latest version of Better SP mod came out today. Tons of new features and optional features. Looking real good. Think I will play this mod until ladder. Whenever that is.

## All Features ##

Many new cube recipes
Way larger inventory, cube, stash
Increased walk speed for characters, summons, hirelings and transforms (running makes Defence = 0)
Lowered stamina drain
Mana regeneration is increased
Ability to use all skills in towns
All skills are now available under left-click (except hardcoded Paladin auras)
Item levels are visible
Runes are numbered (El (1), Eld (2) etc)
Some items are recolored (all languages) and shortened
New characters start with Horadric Cube
New Necromancers, Amazons and Druids start with a bow and arrows in inventory
Tomes and keys stack limit increased to 50
Arrows/bolts stack limit increased to 500
Throwables stack limit increased to 511
Amazon skills no longer lower ammo quantity (Except Strafe, seems to be no way to change that sadly)
Skill max levels are increased from 20 to 99 (although it is non-fixably capped by [char level - req level + 1] i.e level 6 skills have limit of 99-6+1=94)
Reduced experience gain penalty from higher levels
Reduced death XP penalty
Normal/Flawless gem drops in Nightmare, Perfect gem drops in Hell
All act boss drops are always quest drops
Hell Countess can drop all runes (Normal upto Sol, Nightmare upto Ist)
Increased high rune drop rate
Increased mob density
Increased drop chance for items
Increased chance of Super Healing/Mana Potions dropping instead of their lower variants in Hell
Monster immunity is removed and replaced with simply high resistance towards corresponding damage type
Previously immune unique monsters now instead have hp/damage buffs
Mana Burn monsters are removed and replaced by extra damage
More champion packs and unique monsters in all Hell sideareas
Increased Hell Act 5 area levels, they now go from 81 to 99
All Hell sideareas increased to area level 99
Pandemonium Diablo can now be spawned with either selling 1 Stone of Jordan or selling 1 Standard of Heroes (Torch uberquest drop)
Nihlatak temple bugged damage Vipers are replaced by Blood Lords
Shrines can stack, have increased timers and can all replenish
Gold is now dropped more rarely but in bigger stacks
All druid wolves/vines/etc and Necromancer golems can now be out at the same time
All magic affixes can also roll on rare items
Gambling has increased chances to give rares/uniques etc
Highly increased item sell gold limit

## Optional Features ##

Expanded Storage
Item colors and Rune numbers
Cube Recipes
High level XP penalty (multiple options)
Character stat/speed changes (multiple options)
Immunities (multiple options)
Skill level caps (multiple options)
Item stack etc changes
Shrine changes
Item sell gold limit
Gambling changes and death penalty
Area levels and mob density (multiple options)
Drop changes

## Cube Recipes ##

Tome of Identify + Tome of Town Portal = Cow Level portal (no leg anymore)
Scroll of Town Portal + Scroll of Identify = Token of Absolution
All gems and runes require 2 copies for upgrade, higher runes don't require gem for upgrade
Downgrade runes -- 1x Zod -> 1x Cham; 1x Shael -> 1x Sol etc etc
Socket punch with Jewels (item ilvl still limits socket count, check d2 wiki for max numbers). Add sockets to any socketable item with [item + x*jewels = item with x sockets] (example: rare weapon + 2 jewels = rare weapon with 2 sockets)
4 Perfect Skulls + Socketed Item = Item + Socketables
4 different essences + Perfect Skull = Zod Rune
Swap Uber Keys -- Key of Terror -> Key of Hate -> Key of Destruction -> Key of Terror -> ...
Item + Zod Rune + Perfect Skull = turn item Ethereal, BUT it has 1 less ilvl AND it will be rerolled completely (can turn random junk even to rare ethereal like this or into a cracked ethereal item, if bad luck hehe)
Item + Token of Absolution = turn item White, also removes Ethereal status (can become also superior etc), BUT it has 1 less ilvl AND it will be rerolled completely (especially noticable on like Sacred Targes etcetc as also all res changes)
3 Perfect Gems + Magic item = re-rolled Magic item (some people didn't know that it is actually vanilla recipe, so listing here)
6 Perfect Gems + Rare item = re-rolled Rare item

• 1Like

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Any recommendations where to grab a (4) socket Crystal Sword (or 4socket 1-hand sword in general)? I am also guessing farming Countess (+ NM) is the best option to grab the runes (like Ort, Amn, Thul) needed for Spirit runeword?

Last edited: