Diablo II - Resurrected

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The most horrendous thing so far about Diablo 2 isn't the game itself it's Blizzard, the nonstop bot spam in every lobby to the point they are unusable. Nobdoy even talks in this just fucking bot spam for gold sell sites. They should all be fucking nukes from orbit.

Then the lack of an actual game filter, at this point it's inexcusable, and lastly they need to do something to address the fact that people are cunts who just wanna MF in other games. Allow them to just set /player like they do in offline because it's fucking gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
D2 is a really, really good game. I don't know if it was a happy accident or the Blizz North team really were just way ahead of their time but the game is just satisfying to play and you can play it in many different ways.

Things it needs in 2021:

1. A game filter, fuck 90% of hell lobbies being trade lobbies.
2. Minimap shrine icons
3. Join as group feature. Want to play with a friend and do some Baal runs? Hope one of you can tele to throne so you can make you're own pub games. Otherwise good luck getting both of you in to one
4. Loot filter. There sort of already is a loot filter via item colorization, which was invented by the Diablo franchise, please just add whitelist and blacklist capability.

But above all that they really need to fix their netcode. Its obvious this game is literally just a reskin and nothing was modified to bring it into this decade under the hood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
4. Loot filter. There sort of already is a loot filter via item colorization, which was invented by the Diablo franchise, please just add whitelist and blacklist capability.
This.... I hate sorting through tons of items on the ground so I can pick up rejuy potions.

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Does anyone know if you can copy your offline characters from PC to Switch and vice versa?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I made a Hammer Joggerdin and while the hammers hit for like 7k and destroy shit aiming with those gay as things isn't fun. Also playing anything other than a sorc without Teleport is about as enjoyable as eating broken glass.

Blizzard sorc has been fun but everything else feels like trash, I might try a lighting/frozen orb build just to open up more places to farm but I might just be done until a ladder season opens up.

At least D2 has a longer tail to chase than D3 does but given how much betting, duping, cheating and selling going on with no effort from Bliz to stop I am growing bored quickly.

It's funny to see the difference in attitude this company has verse even Square/Enix - Final Fantasy just put the kibosh on douche fag sales in Final Fantasy meanwhile WoW and this game are only bot spam for fraud cash.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
^ yeah agree about the Hammerdin. Got mine to 45 and the mechanics are so damn tedious. Gave up and made a Bowazon.

Also agreed about needing a real game filter and joining as a group.

Damn this must be popular though. Getting BNET queues at 8AM EST ...

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So I made a Hammer Joggerdin and while the hammers hit for like 7k and destroy shit aiming with those gay as things isn't fun. Also playing anything other than a sorc without Teleport is about as enjoyable as eating broken glass.

Blizzard sorc has been fun but everything else feels like trash, I might try a lighting/frozen orb build just to open up more places to farm but I might just be done until a ladder season opens up.

At least D2 has a longer tail to chase than D3 does but given how much betting, duping, cheating and selling going on with no effort from Bliz to stop I am growing bored quickly.

It's funny to see the difference in attitude this company has verse even Square/Enix - Final Fantasy just put the kibosh on douche fag sales in Final Fantasy meanwhile WoW and this game are only bot spam for fraud cash.

Somewhat agree regarding Hammerdin. I played one during the initial D2 but I had an Enigma so made life 10000x easier. I have a Teleport staff now, but can become a pain to switch back and forth between primary and secondary for teleporting. The Hammers are still a PITA to aim correctly too.

Once I am "done" w/ my D2R Hammerdin ill probably switch over to Sorc mainly due to Teleport.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I switched to sorc as well, probably do poison necro and a ww barb next for fun. Also saw this and thought it was interesting.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Couple questions

-Is this alright to play on console? Like if I get it on Switch so I can carry it around and actually play it with some regularity, will the controls be frustrating compared to PC?

-Is this gonna get a physical console release any time soon? Only seeing it digitally and F that. I'd like to play this and Actraiser on Switch but I'm not paying a combined $70 that I'll never get back any of when I'm finished or tap out.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Hammerdin aiming: easiest thing to do is run straight below a mob, then run straight up so its directly above you. It will always hit in melee range if the enemy is at the 11 to 1 o'clock position.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Couple questions

-Is this alright to play on console? Like if I get it on Switch so I can carry it around and actually play it with some regularity, will the controls be frustrating compared to PC?

-Is this gonna get a physical console release any time soon? Only seeing it digitally and F that. I'd like to play this and Actraiser on Switch but I'm not paying a combined $70 that I'll never get back any of when I'm finished or tap out.
I didn't have too much of a problem in the beta but then again I prefer a controller which this supports. Using the thumbpads as a ghetto mouse sucks, but having the controller buttons for easy access to multiple skills made up for it.

All signs point to no. Because Blizzactivision wants your money by selling direct. They have lawsuits to pay off you know!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Hammerdin aiming: easiest thing to do is run straight below a mob, then run straight up so its directly above you. It will always hit in melee range if the enemy is at the 11 to 1 o'clock position.
I don’t know why they didn’t make the hammers come out in front of the paladin instead of his left side. It would of been much easier to aim and hit the target this way.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Come join us in the sun over at PD2 where the maggot lair tunnels are double width and there's a waypoint in it.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
Come join us in the sun over at PD2 where the maggot lair tunnels are double width and there's a waypoint in it.

When I have all my characters done in d2r I will definitely start the mods.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I might try this.

If you want a vanilla experience the slashdiablo subreddit server is starting a new ladder season on Nov. 5. Only thing that is changed is an HD mod and increased loot drops to compensate for no bots. You can use Maphack and multiboxing up to 4, but that is entirely optional.

• 1Like