Diablo II - Resurrected

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Terrible on xbx so far. I just can't. Plx send halp.

I play on PC with a XBOX remote pretty much at all times. There is no major disadvantage unless on a melee character that needs to press attack repeatedly on each individual monster. The key is not to play a class that needs to attack 1 individual monster at one time.

Try playing a range class. The longer periods between attacks feel much more intuitive on a controller. I don't feel any disadvantage over keyboard and mouse, besides 2 small things that are more personal taste than any real hurdle.

If you are on a melee I could definitely see combat being very annoying. If that is your issue, a range thower or caster should solve that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play on PC with a XBOX remote pretty much at all times. There is no major disadvantage unless on a melee character that needs to press attack repeatedly on each individual monster. The key is not to play a class that needs to attack 1 individual monster at one time.

Try playing a range class. The longer periods between attacks feel much more intuitive on a controller. I don't feel any disadvantage over keyboard and mouse, besides 2 small things that are more personal taste than any real hurdle.

If you are on a melee I could definitely see combat being very annoying. If that is your issue, a range thower or caster should solve that.
I play on psn, and multistage bowazon suckd due to the auto aiming/lack of cursor.

Where with a mouse you target the end of a hallway to keep the spread minimal. The auto aim will often cause you to target a close monster and give a stupidly wide fan shot.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I got into Hell difficulty and can not do the Den of Evil due to being all Frozen Orb Sorceress and mobs there are Immune to Cold... I guess I'll paus until the reset.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I play on psn, and multistage bowazon suckd due to the auto aiming/lack of cursor.

Where with a mouse you target the end of a hallway to keep the spread minimal. The auto aim will often cause you to target a close monster and give a stupidly wide fan shot.

Javazon however works fine because it's no aiming and every shot pierces through anything hit anyway. Even early game with Poison leveling before you respec Lightning Fury, you're just spewing the cloud around and dragging mobs into it.

Range build Paladin would work fine on a controller, along with Sorc. Along the same lines of not really relying on individual aim with those range specs. I think Bowazon is the exception where it blows on a controller.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorc now as per advice. Melee only is a nightmare.
Melee is very gear dependant.

Sorc is easy.

A1 get the runes for stealth and leaf off countess, shop a 2 socket staff for leaf. Spec fireball.

After norm farm a crystal or vroad sword from cows and larzuk quest socket it. Those 2 swords from cows will always get 4 sockets based on their ilvl. Make spirit in the sword. Farm the runes from nm countess.

Respec in a4 nm as fire immune start showing up. Frozen orb works best on controller. Max ice bolt, 1 point warmth, 1 point frozen armor. 1 point cold mastery. 1 point static field, 1 point teleport. Then max frozen orb. Lvl up in nm chaos (no cold immune, good drops).

Once frozen orb I maxed begin towards maxing hydra/fire mastery and its synergies. Both fire and cold immunes are extremely rare.

That should do it.

You can go brand new char through hell baal in like 7 or 8 hours.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I got into Hell difficulty and can not do the Den of Evil due to being all Frozen Orb Sorceress and mobs there are Immune to Cold... I guess I'll paus until the rereset.
Respec into orb/hydra. Or just static them down to half and have your merc kill em

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Respec into orb/hydra. Or just static them down to half and have your merc kill em

With varioua synergy nerfs that were done over the years since launch, a lot of people coming back to the game don't realize hybrid isn't going to gimp your main damage as much as it would have.

Typically if you're playing solo Hell you're going to be full hybrid. This normally doesn't get mentioned by content creators or build suggested because of gg items or the build they are discussing is only used for one purpose I.E. Javazon is a cow farmer. You'll see a lot of shit on YouTube that has nothing to do with Hell prog.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Your build should have a purpose. You don't need to kill every mob to progress in the game. You cannot be a jack-of-all trades with a pure one-element build (unless you are a necro/hammerdin? or something lol). If you are a pure blizz sorc, you are going to be farming ancient tunnels and shit. You make a hork barb to farm the pit. lighting zon for cows.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Season 4 update patch notes released.

All QoL and some minor item QoL changes. I guess druid shapeshifting change would be considered a buff. No new Runewords, all QoL.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What is even the point of this season? It's been what, barely 3 months since the last?

And the most substantive change is buffing their ridiculous mosaic runeword they made lol

PD2 is really good at least if you wanna scratch the itch

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its a bullshit pre-D4 hype season. Which makes no sense but it's exactly why its being done.

No runewords added. Pointless. I'll play through some of it but probably going to stay on non-ladder characters i already had going.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So there was a ban wave in PD2 today and I got banned. Reason given was ToS violation. Never did anything even remotely close to violating ToS so I guess I got caught in some false positive. Only thing I can think of is I do a lot of trading and maybe got traded a duped rune or some shit.

Got nuked off the discord server as well. Tried to appeal and the dickhead mod who answered the ticket (after I got on VPN and made a new discord account just so I could actually get back on discord to actually appeal it) just said "Your appeal has already been answered" and immediately banned me from the discord again.

Fun times. Cool moderators and ban policy.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It is really good, and it sucks that I got banned. Especially since I have no idea why.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea unfortunately welcome to Discord mods. They make forum moderators look like upstanding citizens.

If you care to continue with PD2 it's almost assured you'll have to just make a new account as gay as that sounds