Diablo II - Resurrected

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea unfortunately welcome to Discord mods. They make forum moderators look like upstanding citizens.

If you care to continue with PD2 it's almost assured you'll have to just make a new account as gay as that sounds

Yea, doubt I'll do that. Played for 3 full seasons and then this little bit after reset with no issues, but if I'm right and just got randomly banned for trading with the wrong person there doesn't seem to be much point in playing.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So there was a ban wave in PD2 today and I got banned. Reason given was ToS violation. Never did anything even remotely close to violating ToS so I guess I got caught in some false positive. Only thing I can think of is I do a lot of trading and maybe got traded a duped rune or some shit.

Got nuked off the discord server as well. Tried to appeal and the dickhead mod who answered the ticket (after I got on VPN and made a new discord account just so I could actually get back on discord to actually appeal it) just said "Your appeal has already been answered" and immediately banned me from the discord again.

Fun times. Cool moderators and ban policy.

We had this happen to one of our guys who I think actually didnt do anything wrong. WEIRD.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And the official record states PD2 has the more level-headed moderation than POD.

I'd hope at least they examine trades with duped items to see if it's got an additional reason for the ban, like trading for something that's clearly nowhere close to the actual market value. But I know from other emu projects they don't have time to look into that stuff. Possession of a duped item = ban is best they can do to keep it clean.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why won't they just give the specific reason instead of "Durrrr TOS" and ban the person asking...

Khane

Laziness, its the same reason they aren't giving people who completed the aura challenges first their auras when the system wasn't working earlier in the season.

Streamers who have video proof they were first or second but not getting the announcement or aura. And yet they refuse to rectify it, in spite of it likely taking almost no effort at all. Especially considering it used to not be an automated process. It was a manual process which involved senpai manually adding it for them, so the system to do so is already in place.

If they give no reason they don't have to defend themselves or take any action at all to review ban appeals.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well season 4 of Dibbles 2 Ladder resets today at 8:00pm EST so might hop on and dink around with this shit for the hell of it.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Well season 4 of Dibbles 2 Ladder resets today at 8:00pm EST so might hop on and dink around with this shit for the hell of it.
projectdiablo2 just did a new ladder with upscaled graphics, its infinitely better if youre fiending to play some D2 lol

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
projectdiablo2 just did a new ladder with upscaled graphics, its infinitely better if youre fiending to play some D2 lol

aint nobody got time for that GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got unbanned from PD2:

We have found that your account was mistakenly flagged by our automated anti-cheat system due to an error with a recent update and we understand the inconvenience and frustration this has caused.
As the team responsible for the management of Project Diablo 2, we take full responsibility for this error.

We want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to rectify the situation and have implemented a fix to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future.
We have already unbanned your account, and you should be able to access the game again. If you were removed from Discord you should be able to rejoin it, if not please send in a reddit modmail stating your Discord Username.

We hope that you will continue to enjoy Project Diablo 2, despite this unfortunate event.

Laughable that it took them a week to rectify that bullshit

Needless

Toe Sucker
PD2 season 8s starting today, trying to decide what to roll this time around, might end up just goind sorc since i havent played one in a few seasons

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Oh shit is it today? Just in time for me to be fairly bored with the poe league.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've never tried the summon zon so i might do that since zon can easily transfer into a mor active playstyle

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Started summon druid to try and get in some early uber kills while they are still profitable.

No crazy drops yet, but some decent meat and potatoes gear to assemble a hoto. I'm getting really cucked by the popularity of this build tho with people wanting a mal+ for raw summoning skillers.

Level 28 grizzly currently which I don't think is enough to safely run ubers. Need to get to like the 32ish range I think and find an amp damage source someplace and should be good to go.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I ended up getting my steam deck so i put this off, but i ended up going with a sorc and im still going through hell lol