Diablo II - Resurrected

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Can Amod Amod correct the title spelling for this thread? The OCD part of me vomits every time I see it.

Last edited:

SeanDoe1z1

I think there are still plenty of bots running around. Already seeing Enigma's and HOTO's and crap.

Not to mention Im pretty sure Blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about policing D2R.

I made Hoto really easy on my first char.

gul (2 for vex)is a forge drop, and cheap. Lucky there. It was a 40 too. Enigma? Yeah…

Honestly even doing maybe a culmination of maybe 40 hours Mfing pre d2r I’ve saw ohm, couple ist, and at least one other HR just doing fag pit runs on my
fag wind Druid just doing nostalgia.

I don’t disagree there can be super long stretches of shit runs and that’s where I’ll usually quit ( like 3 consec days of getting nada), but i have pretty consistent good drops.

I mean even on this char I got that stupid rare roll on that Druid fury weapon. Tomb reaver?? Idk but it’s 3 socket and near top end dmg, just not eth. R I P.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I made Hoto really easy on my first char.

gul (2 for vex)is a forge drop, and cheap. Lucky there. It was a 40 too. Enigma? Yeah…

Honestly even doing maybe a culmination of maybe 40 hours Mfing pre d2r I’ve saw ohm, couple ist, and at least one other HR just doing fag pit runs on my
fag wind Druid just doing nostalgia.

I don’t disagree there can be super long stretches of shit runs and that’s where I’ll usually quit ( like 3 consec days of getting nada), but i have pretty consistent good drops.

I mean even on this char I got that stupid rare roll on that Druid fury weapon. Tomb reaver?? Idk but it’s 3 socket and near top end dmg, just not eth. R I P.

Yea after playing D2R for a bit I realized this game is WAY more figured out than it was back when I was grinding hardcore in 2000. It is much easier to get runewords now even without botting.

This isn't even nostalgia, this game is so much better than D3 it's idiotic. If they made D4 in the spirit of D2 and added shit like weekend event a la Marvel Heroes it would be a homerun.

Of course they won't do that and will instead put stupid chores in like D3 bounty runs to get re-roll and crafting mats. I'm actually having fun playing this even with all the old school issues that still exist, like crashing 10x a day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
The only thing I dislike about the way runewords are in Diablo 2 is it makes pretty much everything else instantly obsolete. Even just a Spirit sword negates like 95% of all uniques. I guess you can still use some of them for fun builds to dick around with but pretty much they are just worthless gimmicks.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It really amazes me how they keep getting worse and worse at server management.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
When private servers do better than Blizzard which seems to be all of their old classic games you know these failure fucks are garbage.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think they're taking the "original diablo 2 experience" a bit too literally.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m done with the Bnet online single player. I only play online if I ever need to make a trade other than that I’m mostly solo. I’m just going to install the Better SP mod and play the game offline until they figure what the fuck is going on and fix it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The only thing I dislike about the way runewords are in Diablo 2 is it makes pretty much everything else instantly obsolete. Even just a Spirit sword negates like 95% of all uniques. I guess you can still use some of them for fun builds to dick around with but pretty much they are just worthless gimmicks.

Wasn't Spirit a ladder only runeword that they added like 10 years after release? I thought it was supposed to be that powerful because it was an attempt to reinvigorate the game a decade on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wasn't Spirit a ladder only runeword that they added like 10 years after release? I thought it was supposed to be that powerful because it was an attempt to reinvigorate the game a decade on.
I looked it up, it looks like it was added in 1.10 in 2003. I sure as shit don't remember all these OP rune words but I was also like 13 years old so I was probably just retarded. Well that and there wasn't really much reason to build all that stuff since you could clear everything already and there wasn't really much of an end game?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I looked it up, it looks like it was added in 1.10 in 2003. I sure as shit don't remember all these OP rune words but I was also like 13 years old so I was probably just retarded. Well that and there wasn't really much reason to build all that stuff since you could clear everything already and there wasn't really much of an end game?
The game was totally different beyond rune words from 1.09 to 1.10. If the rest of the game didn't change then yeah, rune words wouldn't have been needed. Synergies didnt exist, guest monsters didnt show up in Nightmare & Hell act 5, etc. Hell difficulty was considerably more difficult in 1.10, especially with immunities and champion mobs. Mercs were also worthless pre-1.10.

Yeah, the 1.10 rune words are ridiculous, but they didnt invalidate a good number of the better uniques; instead, they complemented each other. You could also gather runes without MF, cube them to higher runes and use them to get items that you needed instead of getting hosed by RNG on unique drops.

It's been a long time so I don't remember pre 1.10 diablo 2 very well, but I remember that I didnt enjoy it nearly as much. The most unpopular thing about 1.10 was all the immunities in Hell made a bunch of builds relegated to specialized farming (fire druid and pure lightning zon hit walls in Hell but could still farm the shit out of Hell cows). I'd say a good chunk of players who don't like 1.10 are because their favorite build took a hit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah, the 1.10 rune words are ridiculous, but they didnt invalidate a good number of the better uniques; instead, they complemented each other. You could also gather runes without MF, cube them to higher runes and use them to get items that you needed instead of getting hosed by RNG on unique drops.
It's sad that they iterated the game away from total RNG uniques to semi RNG runewords, then in Diablo 3 none of the devs had actually played Diablo 2 so they just trashed the whole system and copied WoW loot.

They could have kept a few uniques and sets in the game, but had most things drop be socketed items and runes so you can reliably build what you want.

• 2Like