Diablo III - Ultimate Evil Edition

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I'd love to know this as well because with the small amount of time I play I already feel like I'll be perpetually behind and experience isn't exactly flowing when I do play. Last time I leveled on PC was pre-RoS with the awesome XP buff.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Pretty sure it only works when a low level joins a higher level's game - it boosts up their stats/level to match the highest party member.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So that was the way out was on the ps3 version of Diablo 3. But with the new version whenever someone over four levels higher joins the lower level person gets a buff that makes them about equal to that persons power. (not on hardcore) I've been using my roommate to Pl my alts, doing rifts, etc. Basically the lower level person can fight but will be under powered. Gear will drop and it will be for whatever level gets it. As an example my roommates wizard got a bunch of lvl 70 wizard epics while my 30 got lvl 30 crap. So is still easy to Pl just have someone here do it. I can Pl a bit tonight while I stream after work if you guys want to jump in.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Please add me to your friends list! Just picked up a sweet legendary gift for Utnayan - hope you enjoy buddy.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know how the gifts work? If I get one on my level 70 and it's for someone my friends list that is level 30, is the item level 30? That makes sense but I'd like to know for sure.

What is a lower level gets a gift for someone level 70 on their list, do they get the level 70 version of the same legendary?

Therage

Vyemm Raider
The gifts like the rest of the loot (as far as I can tell on console) is always whatever level the person is who gets the item. That being said, I tend to save my gifts and only open them on my 70s. I have opened ones on alts and they are always whatever level I was at the time. That is one feature I definitely like over the pc version.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Just sent friend request to everyone that wasn't on my list. Going to get a 6 pack in a few and hop on.

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
So how does Mentoring work? On PC, and in the past, the higher level could just join a low level game, and own everything and the lower level would get pretty decent exp, while the higher level was getting near nothing, and was a very easy way to power level, or if not that many levels in between certainly bridge the gap, and catch your friends up.

But my google-fu skills are lacking because I can't see anywhere about it? I'm sure the above method would still work, but I thought they had put something in specifically to help "catch your friends up"?
I believe it's if a lower level is in the game, no matter if the lower level joined the higher level's game or vice versa. Ithinkit's if the level discrepancy is higher than 3, that is where the Apprentice Mode kicks in. I also believe that Paragon levels are not applied (e.g. a level 40 will scale up to the level 70, but nothing more). In regards to loot, I've been "power-leveling" my cousin with my 70 crusader in Torment and have actually had a few decent level 70 legendaries drop while leveling him. One thing that is odd though is when he was power-leveling my WD, I had a few class specific items drop that were level 70 (while I was level 50~). However, it might be that he dropped the items and I didn't really notice/ask.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Be careful when mailing mass items to friends. The game crashed and my wife lost a Jade Harvest piece she just got off a boss which really sucks. The game didn't save and crashed.So make sure to save by using the banner and changing it or quit out.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
please please please if you have a weapon without a green gem in it, put one in it. if your weapon doesnt have a socket, reroll it to a socket and put a green gem in it. that is the single biggest dps boost in the entire game. every single person i group with is doing this shit and it makes my heart hurt. thanks.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Got my first Nemsis tonight, was abit of a battle but got him done easily enough. Got all excited because I thought I read you get a legendary when you kill someone's strong nem....instead I got a legendary gift for Regime!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most of my gifts I've found haven't been legendary, but some! Just hit 53 tonight. Should be 70 over the weekend. Whenever I play the only people on are level 70, but soon enough we can all group up.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Got my first Nemsis tonight, was abit of a battle but got him done easily enough. Got all excited because I thought I read you get a legendary when you kill someone's strong nem....instead I got a legendary gift for Regime!
Jesus that Nemesis was absolutely brutal, a couple of us Crusaders got smashed by it.

Crone

Will hit 70 tonight but don't want to be rude, and just join games. If you want another please toss an invite.

Crone

Found a pretty decent spot to power level if you want. It's in act 5 where you have to get the 2 siege stones. You have a battle where the dudes keep spawning. Just stood there beating them down for a while and got me a whole level when I finally stopped at about 300 mob streak.

Crone

For my first kill on malth I got a strength cindercoat. But I'm a crusader? Is there a fire crusader build or should I just mail it to my barbarian?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah there is a Fire crusader build. Usually uses Maximus or Darklight flail as a weapon. Uses Akarat Champion - Firestarter, Blessed Hammer - with the Fire damage rune, consecrate ground, etc.