Diablo Immortal

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lv43 and hit another wall. I guess I need to wait for some new quests now.

The handheld story progression through each zone is dogshit as usual, though you can do a little extra exploration along the way.

Combat is fine, a little hard to be as mobile as you need sometimes to dodge attacks, it has some promise. Dungeons are OK.

All the progression systems are shitty so far. Gear is just +dogooder.

If you are playing on PC, you need to uninstall and play Diablo 2/3 again or PoE. You are out of your mind. The only benefit of this game is that it's mobile and it's new so people are talking about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Paid battle pass and boon of plenty... is per character? server?

Actually tossed a ticket at them asking about this - Empowered Battle Pass is per server, Boon of Plenty appears to be per character.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have no idea why zones are gate kept by level when they are all face roll easy

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Lv43 and hit another wall. I guess I need to wait for some new quests now.

The handheld story progression through each zone is dogshit as usual, though you can do a little extra exploration along the way.

Combat is fine, a little hard to be as mobile as you need sometimes to dodge attacks, it has some promise. Dungeons are OK.

All the progression systems are shitty so far. Gear is just +dogooder.

If you are playing on PC, you need to uninstall and play Diablo 2/3 again or PoE. You are out of your mind. The only benefit of this game is that it's mobile and it's new so people are talking about it.

Thats what I'm hearing. It's too mobile Lost Ark loot system, upgrade system with honing to be considered good for PC.

Its also very on rails due to being a mobile title.

I'd say its for diehard Diablo fans to run through the campaign once.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep, hard pass. It's a shame that Blizzard had to max the P2W. I would have gladly paid a per month fee for a Mobile Diablo game.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well I think I'm done. Level 32 but can't advance the story until level 35. Have to do those rifts to get xp at a slow rate. Just wanted to plat the campaign.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well I think I'm done. Level 32 but can't advance the story until level 35. Have to do those rifts to get xp at a slow rate. Just wanted to plat the campaign.
You get new exp quests daily and can run dungeons too.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I will probably quit an hour or two after I finish the campaign. I just have zero interest in doing the "daily chores" grind running the same limited shit every day. A few years ago I could probably gind for a few weeks but now it just feels like wasted time. The game itself is nice enough playing on a big mobile screen but the money shit and dailies will kill it for me quick, just like Lost Ark.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sounds like I may have to play through the thing once on my ipad then. I will pay exactly $0 for it and just play other shit if it gets time gated. For reference I am playing the fuck out of Bloons TD 6 right now, because that's a fun game where you can just start right in and do your thing with $0 spent. Only thing you ever lose is time if you fail a level. You still keep all the xp your towers earned etc.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do NOT play it on PC, you've been warned
shocked mr bean GIF

• 1Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
the controls seem to lock up frequently on PC. I was at a point where I could only use basic attacks and needed to finish a rift and that was a hell of a not-fun time.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
the controls seem to lock up frequently on PC. I was at a point where I could only use basic attacks and needed to finish a rift and that was a hell of a not-fun time.
That happens often to me. I have to hurry up and use my controller to attack or move around and then swap back to my KB and mouse.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Funny, I played several hours yesterday on PC and didn't have any major issues considering it's in a beta. I think I had one hard crash and got stuck on an elevator in a dungeon which The unstuck button worked for me. My PC is a potato compared to today's standards (still running a gtx760) but it still handles high setting, the clarity setting, and 100fps pretty well. Using the PS5 controller works for the most part but I find myself switching back to mouse to use the UI / inventory / menus since that is fubar with a controller.

That being said not sure if this should have ever been ported to PC. It so simplistic since it's a mobile game at heart it just feels odd. I'm enjoying the campaign, the lore, and fan fare but, I don't know about the longevity this game has. I feel the monetization is going to turn many away from it. Especially, diablo fans. Its just so far from the other games. They should have stuck with the PoE model instead. Adding the legendary gem loot pinatas feels like a major misstep. Then the weird grinding spots in the campaign feels unbalanced which will probably push several others away. The one per character or per server purchases are a head scratcher. Should just be a straight up per account. The handling of the friends list and server selection is another wtf moment. Most of those will probably be fixed as time goes on but the game still feels like it's in late beta. I had other gripes or concerns but I can't remember them now. Even though this is a critical post I'm enjoying the grind through the campaign. Let's see how the endgame holds up.

Bright side! This has to be the best blizzard launch when it comes to server stability. No error 37.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Saw rich whaling on twitch but how does he use 10 crests in the rift? I can only use 3 at a time.

It looks like if you put 3 legendary crests into a rift it then opens an option to add 7 more. You only see it once you add 3 legendary crests.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got past the lvl 46 gate and finished the story to the level 51 gate and I haven’t hit 47 yet. 51/55 are the last two though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It looks like if you put 3 legendary crests into a rift it then opens an option to add 7 more. You only see it once you add 3 legendary crests.
Looking at people doing the full monty 10's and getting "maybe" a 3 star gem is just crazy.