Diablo Immortal

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
PoE's cosmetics are overpriced. You're paying too much for MTX because it represents the bulk of their revenue for development as well. Buy a supporter pack when you think the company is doing the right thing, get some MTX as a bonus.

There's definitely a discussion to be had about PoE's stash tabs being basically required.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
There's definitely a discussion to be had about PoE's stash tabs being basically required.

I think the PoE tabs are fine. I understand that games don't get made or operated for free and that F2P mode is basically loss-leader advertising. For roughly the price of an off the shelf game I can buy a few tabs that will comfortably last through hundreds of hours of gameplay and apply to all my characters in perpetuity. Hardly abusive.

On the flip side, while I don't have problems spending money for games I enjoy I have a visceral hatred of cosmetic micro transactions. I actually end up spending less money than I might otherwise because most of the purchase opportunities are cosmetic instead of utilitarian.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Member when the EQ devs told the community it was technically impossible to add any more armor skins to the zone files. Then immediately showed that it was possible when they released the shop with cosmetics. Good times

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I think the PoE tabs are fine. I understand that games don't get made or operated for free and that F2P mode is basically loss-leader advertising. For roughly the price of an off the shelf game I can buy a few tabs that will comfortably last through hundreds of hours of gameplay and apply to all my characters in perpetuity. Hardly abusive.

On the flip side, while I don't have problems spending money for games I enjoy I have a visceral hatred of cosmetic micro transactions. I actually end up spending less money than I might otherwise because most of the purchase opportunities are cosmetic instead of utilitarian.
I don't have a problem with them either. In the context of "F2P", it perhaps sullies how ethical their MTX is.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
So I have 2 debuffs now. My paragon over server paragon debuff and Battle pass cap. There is not even a way to move past it. It's like they don't want you to play

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

Seriously, I would wager no less than 75% of all their meetings were directly about the monetization and gambling mechanics. Hilarious.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
So I finally got enough Fa runes to attempt a craft. 0 on the market. I can probably sell it for about 60,000 platinum, or just use it with the assumption that someday, they will add the ability to upgrade the empty stars.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I’m wondering if this game would of stayed on mobile would it still getting so much negative reactions? Granted the mobile gaming market has been doing this for years and it seems so common but on PC it’s frowned upon.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I finally got enough Fa runes to attempt a craft. 0 on the market. I can probably sell it for about 60,000 platinum, or just use it with the assumption that someday, they will add the ability to upgrade the empty stars.

Maybe, but ppl who have 60k play (atm) most likely already have many 2* Jades.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Seriously, I would wager no less than 75% of all their meetings were directly about the monetization and gambling mechanics. Hilarious.
The video is wrong, you can craft unbound gems which you can then sell on the Market, as seen in AladainAF AladainAF post. Doesn't change that its a shitty system though (the 2 legendary crest versions).

• 2Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I’m wondering if this game would of stayed on mobile would it still getting so much negative reactions? Granted the mobile gaming market has been doing this for years and it seems so common but on PC it’s frowned upon.

Actually no, the mobile game market hasn't been doing this for years. This is considerably worse. Most mobile games give you life-long VIP incentives for eternity based on how much you've spent, and many (though not all) will cap the amount you can spend in an event. And even so they gate NOTHING behind pure RNG for eternity. The pity timer in immortal is a joke, because it doesn't actually pity anything. It just guarantees you a ?/5 star, not a 5/5.

Even by mobile game standards, Immortal is a rip off.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Playing Diablo Immortal got Asmon suspended on twitch for 24 hours. The in game chat filter is really easy to get around.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
D4 will be their biggest launch ever.

The only thing that is going to stop this horseshit is legislation.

Yep, I will bet right now regardless of how shit Blizzard becomes D4 will blow away all sales records on launch.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
I understand from these videos that all loot/materials are character bound, no shared stash etc. Does this apply to advancement like paragon, battle-passes, boon of plenty and the like?
If so, surely even the whales will start to cry about it if they feel like leveling another class. Not that I care really, Blizzard isn't getting a dime from me.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep, I will bet right now regardless of how shit Blizzard becomes D4 will blow away all sales records on launch.

gaming getting bigger and bigger has more to do with that than anything else.

the landscape has changed tremendously the last 10 years.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The pay2win in this game is awful but I could at least tolerate it if I was allowed to actually play the game, but I can’t, because everything is literally hard/soft capped.

Theres a limit to the amount of leg/set pieces that can drop per day before they become impossibly rare.
Theres a limit to the amount of regular gems that can drop per day before they become impossible rare.
The Battlepass reward track is weekly capped.
And your power vs. mobs is determined by your gear score vs. theirs. Outside of the pay2win gems, this is determined by the level/stats on your gear but the level/stats on your gear is determined by what level you are when the item originally drops.

. . . and

The amount of exp you’re allowed to get is determined by your servers paragon level and each level you have over that amount negatively impacts your exp gain. I’m at around 1,200+ gear score but I’m stuck progression wise until paragon 30 but because I’m Paragon 23 and my server is Paragon 20 I only get 60% exp from all sources. Someone on my server is Paragon 30 and he only gets 10% exp.

For 5 out of 7 days of the week the only thing I can really do is PvP and Vault raids for 40 hilts per run and both have short 3 hour windows.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like