Diablo Immortal

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nobody is surprised by that, if they outright banned there is 0% chance they'd get any future revenue from that account, even if its the right thing to do for being engaged in fraud. Now they can run the miniscule chance a whale pays the deficit back

No one thought they would retain nearly full access to the game. As mentioned above not being able to upgrade CR is meaningless.

Hell2 hell3 players with 5k reso destroy anyone.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
On our server there is roughly 20-30% in H5 30-45% H4 and a small few between H1-H3
Same, I finally came to my own conclusion based on my level (Paragon 196) that this game is only tied to gems now. If you're not willing to grind or buy gems, then you are irrelevant.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"We don't sell gear" doesn't hold up and is disingenuous.

And as Asmongold stated, it makes everyone worried for Dragonflight and Diablo 4. Not re: monetization. But in terms of overall management of Blizzard as a company.

They could vent a lot of heat for Immortal by just admitting they licensed the shop to NetEase and have no say in how it's designed or the monetization scheme. They pretty much need to, to cover their ass on this one.

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hotfix coming tonight will restrict anyone with negative orbs from PvP including BGs, Rite, and other group activities.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They moved on to using alternative orb services and suppliers to bail out of debt. There are various methods to get fraudulent orbs, and various marketplaces you can access these different means.

Most fake whales that want to continue playing have turned to a different fraudulent orb supplier using a safer method. Fraud is never going away. It's up to Blizzard to stay on top of it.

But it does seem that the pre-authorization fraud (where your bank communicates to Blizzard it will process the transaction, but stops and asks you if it should do that, has been fixed). So a major source of fake whaling has been stopped.

This doesn't stop black market orbs however. But pre-auth bank fraud was a major source of orbs, and Blizzard does seem to be signalling that's come to an end.

Previously you could buy 5k-7k reso, as long as you can float the credit, and then just chargeback/block the transaction. This had no negative impact on your game. Negative orb count had no penalties. Now you don't necessarily gain anything from doing this type of fraud because you are set negative faster.

Players who seek to pay 2-5 dollars for 10,000 orbs will still be able to access those prices and buy themselves out of debt if they chose, at their own risk.

It's been confirmed on reddit that frauds are moving toward using new vendors to buy themselves out of debt.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I can't wait to see what bullshit they announce for their first "MAJOR UPDATE!" I guarantee its gonna suck, probably 90% warband based as well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fractured Plane being the main indicator if you are end-game you should have quit.

They aren't working on anything rewarding for end-game players.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Hahahahahaha, this is about what I expected, from reddit ofc but still, sounds about right.

Screenshot_20220919-211043_Now for Reddit.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
The future of Diablo 4.
It's doubly funny as I suspect that Mount Zavain was cut content from the 2nd Diablo 3 expansion, as is Frozen Tundra but at least that made it into Diablo 3 as a patch.

I don't think they made any new art for this game lmao.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's doubly funny as I suspect that Mount Zavain was cut content from the 2nd Diablo 3 expansion, as is Frozen Tundra but at least that made it into Diablo 3 as a patch.

I don't think they made any new art for this game lmao.

Unironically using the same inventory icons from D3 isn't a great sign in light of so much 10 year old content and assets being recycled lol

There are also people in the D4 thread that are convinced Blizzard is "taking their time" with the game and will "push the release date back". lol nah

its very clear what the state of business is at Blizzard today.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I had almost no expectations for this “major content patch” and they still managed to surprise me with how little they’re actually offering. I guess the best thing about DI is that it has appropriately removed any hype I could ever have with D4.