Dice and dice accesories.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've just started getting back into tabletop rpg's, and decided to look into some new dice. So, I ordered bulk packs from Chessex, Wiz Dice, and the Easy Roller Dice Co.

First up, the Chessex Pound -O- Dice.
rrr_img_104578.jpg

These are sold as completely random, factory seconds, with one full matching set guaranteed. The break down I got is as follows:

d4 - 9
d6 - 7 small, pipped
d6 - 7 large, pipped
d6 - 6 numbered
d8 - 5
d10 - 20
d10(percentile) - 9
d12 - 16
d20 - 17

rrr_img_104579.jpg

Green ones on the envelope are the guaranteed set.

Most of the dice had a speckled pattern. Some of them are pretty ugly, but most are pretty passable. For factory seconds, I got less obvious defects than I thought I would.
Here are the "halvsies". From what I understand, they are created the same way as the mystery flavor dum dums, when the manufacturing line switches colors. It seems to mostly affect the d20's. I haven't done a balance test on them, but I would imagine they will be off.

rrr_img_104580.jpg

As far as more major defects, I only had a few. One d20 had a crack that looks to have been filled in when the numbers were inked, a d12 is chipped on the edge between the 9 and the 5. It looks like the edge between the 5 and 6 will break off at any time. One d12 is mostly red with one green face, and a big paint blotch. I will try to remove the excess paint. And finally, one of the pipped d6's has a blank face where the 6 should be.
rrr_img_104584.jpg

If you are looking for a lot of cheap dice to use as community dice, or to give to people new to table top gaming, and don't mind the complete randomness, this would be a good set. You can get them from Amazon or Ebay for about $21.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
Next up is the 100+ pack from Wiz Dice. It is also a random pack, with one guaranteed matching set.

rrr_img_104585.jpg

It is much, much less random than the Pound -O- Dice. I got 15 complete matching sets, with 5 stragglers, for a total of 110 dice. Of the odds, two matched. The guaranteed set, which comes in a small velvet bag is at the bottom.
rrr_img_104586.jpg

Here is a close up of the d20's, so you can see the colors and finish better. I left out the 20 from the guaranteed set, as it was a repeat of the middle green die.
rrr_img_104587.jpg

These are sold as factory firsts, so don't have as major of defects as some of the Chessex had. I only noticed a few tiny bubbles in the transparent ones. Overall, I'm pretty happy with these. They are also available on Amazon for about $21, but seem to run a bit higher on Ebay.

The Easy Roller Dice Company set hasn't come in yet, so I will review it once it has.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
Now for the accessories. There is of course, the old workhorse dice bag.

rrr_img_104588.jpg

I've had mine since high school, and it is starting to show it's age. It had a few holes, and stains, so I retired it.

I got this bag from Koplow on Ebay for $10.

rrr_img_104589.jpg

It is black velvet, with a blue satin interior. I also comes with gold or purple satin.

Overall, it is a nice bag. The only thing I don't like about it, which is something I took for granted with the Crown bag, is I can't fit my hand inside it. This means I have to pour the dice out to find what I need.

I have ordered another bag, but it also hasn't arrived yet. I will post pics, and a review once it has.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Should you be in WV holla at me. Lots of people at the game store. You wouldn't even be close to being the weirdest one there.
Also, very little chance you're the stinkiest either. And if you really are a girl, regardless of looks or personality, you'd be the belle of the ball, so to speak.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh, there's plenty of people I could play with either on campus or at the local gaming store I played MTG at for a while. But almost 0 of them that I'd actually want to be friends with enough to do that.

And yes, I stopped playing paper MTG for the third time because of the smell, which is the same reason I quit the first two times.