Die2Nite

Furiouss1_sl

shitlord
After 4/5 days and a slow start due to lack of Jarpan tables, we are doing quite well. Started with a well stocked well. Nobody being overly wasteful. Very few very unfortunate deaths. Lost 2 great assets in the first 2 days. Still got a great town running with some outstanding leadership from multiple people in our group and from people we have just met. I see us learning a lot in this town.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That, plus we're back to rolling the dice again. It's basically up to the RNG again for how well things go from here on. We need the study to cough up good BPs (vegetable plot and searchtower), we need a second human flesh for the apple tree, and if we get the searchtower BP we need a third j?rpen table.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Someone started building a small cemetary. Seems like it might not be a bad idea...fairly cheap defense if built early on.

Nevermind, wiki says it doesn't matter when it's built, bonuses are provided retroactively. Carry on.

Vorph

Finishing it should definitely be on our short list of defensive structures. I think we can spare the N&B and it's extremely efficient in AP per def.

Vorph

Lack of communication, no one specifically assigned as gatekeeper, and we get in the habit of exploiting the unpacking bug and then have to readjust to doing things normally.

I should have an AP left for next DC to take care of it, otherwise I'll find someone in irc.

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
im dead and ready to join next town, I can wait I know you guys may be in this town awhile!

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
I wont sign us off just yet, but I don't believe we'll make it to 16/17 days. We will be organizing for next Sunday +3 TDC (8PM central). All we need are people that can read and are willing to cooperate! Who do we have so far?

Amygdala
Pablos
Superhiro
(8 spots available)

Leaders of each group are marked with an asterisk. They are assumed to be heroes and ready to pull us into town when called upon. Normally we have 1-2 other heroes in each coalition just in case.
Coalition #1
  • Vorph
  • Citz*
  • Calac
  • Hathe
  • Fruitcommando
Coalition #2
  • The Dauntless One
  • Aogo
  • Vvoid*
  • FredJack
  • Numlock
Coalition #3
  • Kaige
  • Loftish*
  • gogusrl
  • wevegottime (azist)
  • Phelps
Coalition #4
  • Fealorn
  • Jaax
  • Hunno
  • Albumen
  • schnarkie
Coalition #5
  • Carino*
  • Kaisi
  • bobloblaw101 (Ancient)
  • Kyougou
  • Sammiel (Gavinrad)
Coalition #6
  • yerm*
  • Sorionis (Furiouss1)
  • Reiker
  • slyminxy

Hathe

If you do not wish to be a part of the next town, simply let Vorph or I know or disband from the coalition. This way we keep active people in the town.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
That was a fun town. Probably will place at #2 or #3 on the current ladder when we die. Losing 6 by Day 3 due to shitty luck on the rng and AFK people sucks. Oh well.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Bumping this for visibility that if we don't all die tonight, we need to purposely die tomorrow. And remember to release for the next town. Someone that plays e-sim please tell FredJack to verify his death so he's ready. Although he didn't really do much this time around, hopefully he pays more attention next time.

The following are just my thoughts, and are not the official opinions of the Rerolled Die2Nite Overlords.

Seems to me like the optimal hero distribution would be something like this:

0 Scavengers
1 Shaman (can be pretty lazy, except should tell people if he sees souls for us to grab and actually convert them, could have used a few more this go around, and I know we brought at least 3-4 in)
1-2 Technician (can be extra lazy, good for those that won't have much time to devote...except if we explore a ruin, then they need to be available)
3-4 Scouts that know what they are doing (those 2 meta guys and their scouting guide linked earlier made a huge difference, easily gave us a couple of extra days)
2-3 ACTIVE Tamers that load us up with tons of shit early on (Albumen is an awesome example of this). If you aren't active you should have just been a Guardian.
2-3 Survivalists that are active and willing to get dirty (helps if you have a partner to go with you like Wevegottime does)
Everyone else Guardians (can be lazy fucks too)

Please feel free to post if you have a different opinion. This thread needs all the bumps it can get anyway.

If people have preferences for being anything particular, might as well post what you like. I'm fairly active so could pick many of those, but it seems silly for me not to go Guardian now that I've earned the hero perk that gives me my 6th control point (5 after I take drugs). Being able to walk through most zones with impunity is a huge advantage that I hate to give up.

We really need people camping for blueprints early on, survivalists first choice of course. If we get unlucky we get unlucky, but without any blueprints at all any town is going to struggle to last beyond Day 10. If we get lucky and get the right things it can make a huge difference, so blueprints need to be our top priority I'd think. Defensive items are fairly worthless nowadays too, so taking one out to help improve a campsite is probably worth it as well.

Pretty sure none of us have ever even entered an explorable ruin, so that's going to be a new experience if we ever get into one. Wiki has some good info on it, but we'll pass that hurdle when we get there.

That's all I can think of, but I'm sure there are tons of things I'm missing.

Hathe

I agree completely, Vvoid. I'd like to tag on to the Guardians. While Vvoid said little about them, they are by far the most useful and overpowered hero which is why everyone else will go Guardian. They can sign up to be watchman which will take on any zombies that make it through the gates. Back in the first few seasons if zombies made it through town all you had to count on was your personal tent. The last few days the guardians alone have accounted for well over 500 defense to our overall rating - that's massive! I do not believe we can benefit from scouts just yet as I do not believe we have anyone with 150+ hero days accumulated. In the next few weeks we should have a handful of heroes with 150+ played, though.

Yes, the game has a little bit of a learning curve. Nearly every situation has a significant risk factor. Down to taking a step too far or miscalculating your trip, you will suffer the consequences. Communication is key to survival. We have the right idea to making a 20-25 day survival, enough to be ranked in the top 10 regularly. Anything past that will require significant communication and strategy.

Are there any heroes that would like to volunteer to run coalition #7? Preferably someone who can be on tomorrow at +3 TDC (8PM central). The sooner the better. For all new people, please be ready to accept invites between 5PM and 8PM central times.

azist_sl

shitlord
We need good scouts. Being able to get zombie counts in adjacent zones makes it really easy to locate ruins quickly in the first couple days. We also need to make a serious attempt at emptying the explorable ruin when we find it. Sucked it was ~24 ap from town this game, but we can setup a supply base at a ruin closer to town, have a couple people running a bucket brigade of equipment there and then people relaying it out to the explorable ruin. Other piece, when we get heavy weaponry (mk2 battery launcher, machete, devastator, chainsaw) we need to make sure whoever is running that is in good communication with the campers and ideally a tamer so we can clear out to a ruin, return the weaponry to town on a dog and clear out towards a different ruin same day. We need about 6-7 people who can camp because we're going to have about ~20 ruins to cover, and you're only going to want to camp ~3x max. Anything more than that is a pretty significant gamble.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Could someone point me to the ladder? I can't seem to find it :p
Click My Soul then the small Season 7 box above your stats. We're on the Normal Town ladder I think.

Edit: I forget how the math is done, but I think every day survived is +1 and every soul recovered is +10. I'm not sure if there are any other bonus awards.

We should place anywhere from #2 to no less than #4 (think we currently have 336 points) when the town finishes, assuming no other higher point towns die with us and how many people in our current town survive until the attack. You have to actually get eaten at reset to get credit for a for a full day. Any deaths from infection, thirst, murder, suicide, ect will count as the previous day and not as the day you died on.

Actually, how many people are still alive right now? I think we need 6 to make it to reset to overtake the #1 spot.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Per my calculations, 7 people should be alive till chow time today.

We had 22 live citizens, 13 died in defense, 1 outside and 1 due to dehydration.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
We need good scouts. Being able to get zombie counts in adjacent zones makes it really easy to locate ruins quickly in the first couple days. We also need to make a serious attempt at emptying the explorable ruin when we find it. Sucked it was ~24 ap from town this game, but we can setup a supply base at a ruin closer to town, have a couple people running a bucket brigade of equipment there and then people relaying it out to the explorable ruin. Other piece, when we get heavy weaponry (mk2 battery launcher, machete, devastator, chainsaw) we need to make sure whoever is running that is in good communication with the campers and ideally a tamer so we can clear out to a ruin, return the weaponry to town on a dog and clear out towards a different ruin same day. We need about 6-7 people who can camp because we're going to have about ~20 ruins to cover, and you're only going to want to camp ~3x max. Anything more than that is a pretty significant gamble.
Not only do we need good scouts as you mentioned, but we also need everyone possible scavenging as far out as they can the first several days, and as soon as we get a decent weapon we need dedicated zombie clearers (that won't keep it overnight as well). We had an Aqua Splash early on, and it was missing from the bank for several days in a row. Shit like that needs to be coordinated. Or at the very least come right back with it.

I mean, obviously blueprints are pretty much the big deal now (which I think sort of blows), and without the search tower refreshing zones every day it sucks even more, but as we all saw it was pretty much game over as far as scavenging very far after Day 10 or so. Even if there were refreshed zones, only a handful of Guardians or teams like you and Albumen would have even had a chance of getting to the zones to search. Zombie numbers got way too high, way too fast. Even with good blueprint finds we'll never make it past Day 20 if no one can even step outside.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Word on the street is that FredJack doesn't have time to play, so kicked him and sent invite to Amygdala. Yerm invited Superhiro.

Pablos, if you see this, I tried to invite you but I wasn't sure if "pablos1" was you or some random. If someone doesn't accept and you tell us your in-game name, might still be time to get in tonight.