Disappearing from the internet

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You should read what Phazael Phazael wrote above. Your profile here has your city and state, and a link to your YouTube which has a full name attached to it, and video of you talking, etc. You also seem to be somewhat of a conservative and have written things here that are "trigger" worthy. Especially when in 4.5 hours we are installing a government that's spent the last four years policing free speech. If the wrong person wanted to, they could blow your life up. I don't know anything about what you do in real life, or what you have to lose, but anonymity is extremely important. If I were you, I'd delete my InstaGram, YouTube, and change your profile picture.

My only difference in opinion from Phaz is jut stay off Gab Telegram etc. Fuck social media.
The problem I have with wanting to remain on social media is that for purposes of things like financial news and breaking news there is no substitute. I am conflicted with this to be honest. Not being there puts me at a competitive disadvantage in the financial world.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The problem I have with wanting to remain on social media is that for purposes of things like financial news and breaking news there is no substitute. I am conflicted with this to be honest. Not being there puts me at a competitive disadvantage in the financial world.

What about just using a burner email address to sign up for the social media platform you want to be on, create an entirely fictitious person and use that? Just use a pic of a 21 year old girl and you’ll have enough friends within hours to make it look legitimate.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What about just using a burner email address to sign up for the social media platform you want to be on, create an entirely fictitious person and use that? Just use a pic of a 21 year old girl and you’ll have enough friends within hours to make it look legitimate.
lately Twitter has been you need a cell phone to have an account. It just does the "fraudualent activity, unlock the account with a cellphone"

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Certain aspects of my work and social life require I at least have a chat client of some kind. Telegram has been just fine and I have not had any of my spam tailored based on things I have said on Telegram. It also does not invade your device sniffing for information like most social media apps do. GAB I have less confidence in, but its the only right leaning platform and it also is strongly 1st Amendment, so I feel compelled to support it at least passively.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

You need to ALWAYS premise this type of list with "as of DATE" because, as with all things, as soon as these places get a whiff of money they suddenly start getting "Ethical".

Also, you all need to understand, nothing you use will ever be safe. If something is 100% safe, the CIA and FBI will be on it 24/7 making it...not safe...

The only thing you should be investing in, at this point, is automation software to make your social media grey rock.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
You need to ALWAYS premise this type of list with "as of DATE" because, as with all things, as soon as these places get a whiff of money they suddenly start getting "Ethical".

Also, you all need to understand, nothing you use will ever be safe. If something is 100% safe, the CIA and FBI will be on it 24/7 making it...not safe...

The only thing you should be investing in, at this point, is automation software to make your social media grey rock.
100% true what you say, personally I don't use Facebook or Twitter at all. Also don't have any need to sign up for Telegram or Signal.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
If the wrong person wanted to, they could blow your life up.
People have tried. They failed. People have literally called my job's HR trying to get me fired for being a racist. It didn't work. Know why? Because I'm not a racist. I'm not a homophobe. I'm not a transphobe. That kinda makes a difference don't ya think? I've said this many many times on this forum: Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
People have tried. They failed. People have literally called my job's HR trying to get me fired for being a racist. It didn't work. Know why? Because I'm not a racist. I'm not a homophobe. I'm not a transphobe. That kinda makes a difference don't ya think? I've said this many many times on this forum: Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Sometimes the truth doesn't matter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No, it makes no difference at all. The vast majority of people who get 'canceled' did nothing (of any significance) wrong. The truth is what the mob says it is, so how many calls do you think it would take before your HR dept. got sick of dealing with it?

--------------------------------
As for VPNs, I'll throw a recommendation in for Privado. I get a subscription to their VPN included with my unlimited Easynews USENET membership (which has been on sale for $4/mo. lifetime price a few times recently). Both Easynews and Privado keep no logs of anything you do, and Privado is also based in Switzerland like ProtonMail, which keeps it out of 5/9/14 eyes territory.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

It's a different story when something you wrote gets taken out of context and spammed to Facebook, and the mob there decides you're their target, and starts sharing it across all their feeds, their local groups, etc. Now you have thousands of people all going to your employers page, etc, all demanding your head. It's only a matter of time.

... I looked in the screenshots forum here, and there is a real life picture thread. Someone there posted his pictures, nice looking guy, just for fun I clicked on his post history and looked through it. Tons of shit that could be considered extremely racist and homophobic. So once "that group" is upset, they'll take his real life picture, his name, and all those horrible things he wrote, and put them all together in a picture, and spam that onto everywhere he's ever been associated.

I just feel like some of yall are asking to get doxxed. Not my business to tell anyone what to do!

• 1Like

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

My brother-in law got fired from his job because a woman accused him of raping her....7 years ago.

No police report. No court case, no nothing.

Just because it ain't happening to you doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

On a different note, thanks for putting this together Falxy, the protonmail conversion was actually very, very effortless.

• 1Like

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
They are afraid to fire you because you are a mentally ill gay man with breasts. The fact that you plaster your face and personal info every where you go like a snail's slime trail only belies your insane narcissism, not any the truth of any retarded maxim about truth and privacy being unnecessary.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't forget this jackass basically waited for a homeless woman to completely move in and camp on his couch before he informed the lady "oh yeah I am a dude with tits", so his whole "sunlight is the best disinfectant" thing does not exactly pass the smell test. Even he is not buying his own bullshit.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
^ Hey look... anonymous pussies who are scared of being outed for their hateful shit but continue to post more hateful shit because (spoiler alert): They're hateful. Shit!

kroenen

Regimen Morum
^ Hey look... anonymous pussies who are scared of being outed for their hateful shit but continue to post more hateful shit because (spoiler alert): They're hateful. Shit!

angry bob saget GIF

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Don't forget this jackass basically waited for a homeless woman to completely move in and camp on his couch before he informed the lady "oh yeah I am a dude with tits", so his whole "sunlight is the best disinfectant" thing does not exactly pass the smell test. Even he is not buying his own bullshit.

Wait, please tell me about this homeless woman story!!
They are afraid to fire you because you are a mentally ill gay man with breasts. The fact that you plaster your face and personal info every where you go like a snail's slime trail only belies your insane narcissism, not any the truth of any retarded maxim about truth and privacy being unnecessary.

Very good point. Fire Vanessa, then they are “transphobic.” Are there any blacks that have been doxxed?