Disney+ Streaming Service

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Man, I don't care what anyone thinks of me....I freaking love Friends.

Friends was fine, apart from the Joey heavy episodes. Also Joey and Rachel hooking up felt like borderline incest

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Better shows on there like Cheers.

Also enjoy the Office, Friends, and Parks and Rec as all will probably be gone this year from Netflix.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Oh noz! If Netflix goes under, I'll have nowhere to get all the latest shows from India. They added 842 just last week. We can't get this level of quality from just anywhere.

:ravvenn:

Fucking truth. Netlfix is trying to pad their stats with Bollywood fans, it's insane. Also, as a westerner, I don't get Bollywood, I don't ever WANT to get Bollywood, and want it permanently gone from my sight. I've actually tried watching three times - almost killed me.

CW pulling chute. There goes the young teenagers. The existence of shows with rich, beautiful, young people being popular is so antithetical to the Liberal mindset I don't understand how they exist in the same universe.

I also want Disney to die in a slow fire, but that ain't going to happen. The ESPN thing is the most painful for me, even moreso than Star Wars and I am a 70s child.

Anyway, I mourn the loss of a "one stop shop" for online entertainment (aside from Xvideos). Big Business will ruin online entertainment the same way they did Cable. Greed wins in the end.

EDIT - I am a hardcore Seinfeld fan, and maintain that Friends only gained popularity to it being on right before Seinfeld. That being said, one of the funniest scenes on sitcom TV was Ross not being able to pull up his leather pants and Joey trying to help him over the phone. So good. Also, watching Chandler's real life drug addictions dramatically change his physique from season to season was interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The only Bollywood movie worth watching was that Terminator one. I think we even had a thread about it years back, but it was so over-the-top it was hilariously awesome.

(edit) This one:

• 1Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Fucking truth. Netlfix is trying to pad their stats with Bollywood fans, it's insane. Also, as a westerner, I don't get Bollywood, I don't ever WANT to get Bollywood, and want it permanently gone from my sight. I've actually tried watching three times - almost killed me.

CW pulling chute. There goes the young teenagers. The existence of shows with rich, beautiful, young people being popular is so antithetical to the Liberal mindset I don't understand how they exist in the same universe.

I also want Disney to die in a slow fire, but that ain't going to happen. The ESPN thing is the most painful for me, even moreso than Star Wars and I am a 70s child.

Anyway, I mourn the loss of a "one stop shop" for online entertainment (aside from Xvideos). Big Business will ruin online entertainment the same way they did Cable. Greed wins in the end.

EDIT - I am a hardcore Seinfeld fan, and maintain that Friends only gained popularity to it being on right before Seinfeld. That being said, one of the funniest scenes on sitcom TV was Ross not being able to pull up his leather pants and Joey trying to help him over the phone. So good. Also, watching Chandler's real life drug addictions dramatically change his physique from season to season was interesting.

I'll sub for Stranger Things, but I haven't been subbed otherwise. 99% of their other shows are trash, and they don't ever get anything else to show.

They are screwed. Massive debt for their own content that isn't paying off, and never will. They are losing access to real content, which means they've become the online equivalent of the direct-to-vhs rubbish bin at Wal Mart. They have Red Box to contend with in the physical disk space.

I don't mind that others have set up their own streaming. I can start and stop subs at any time and only pay for what I want to see.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i've never seen a bollywood thing on my home page. what I do though is keep my main account for just stuff I 100% will watch, another login for my wife and tell her explicitly to browse on her account (she flits around like a hummingbird so her home page is a mess), and then a third login for me when i just wanna look around whats up and I delete that login every few days. Also have one or two more for kids who steal my netflix login. Nice thing is using the app on LG TVs is how it asks you to pick the login every time you start it up.

i still have such a huge backlog of shows to watch on netflix that it hasn't been an issue for me but yeah i wonder what the landscape looks like in two years when we have

Disney+
Hulu doing ??
Apple TV with its pretentious shit
whatever Warner Bros is doing (they own a LOT including HBO, Harry Potter, TONS of tv shows, movies, etc but they are the slowing to enter the streaming game)
NBC/Comcast (buyout fodder?)
Netflix
Amazon

Fucker

Log Wizard
i've never seen a bollywood thing on my home page. what I do though is keep my main account for just stuff I 100% will watch, another login for my wife and tell her explicitly to browse on her account (she flits around like a hummingbird so her home page is a mess), and then a third login for me when i just wanna look around whats up and I delete that login every few days. Also have one or two more for kids who steal my netflix login. Nice thing is using the app on LG TVs is how it asks you to pick the login every time you start it up.

i still have such a huge backlog of shows to watch on netflix that it hasn't been an issue for me but yeah i wonder what the landscape looks like in two years when we have

Disney+
Hulu doing ??
Apple TV with its pretentious shit
whatever Warner Bros is doing (they own a LOT including HBO, Harry Potter, TONS of tv shows, movies, etc but they are the slowing to enter the streaming game)
NBC/Comcast (buyout fodder?)
Netflix
Amazon

It's an easy sell if you have young kids.

Long term they are screwed. They are in massive debt to make all these shitty shows which isn't paying off, and it's costing them more every year. They are doomed unless they put someone in charge of their studio that will only green light quality shows.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Back to the high seas it seems.
Yep. They're all getting greedy and want their piece of the pie (hell if I know why it took them so long). We're essentially going to get what we asked for with cable, which was pay for the channels you want.

Unfortunately, they'll end up costing WAY more than they did when bundled by cable/satellite companies ($10 per, versus the probably $2-3 before). Which means fuck them, I'll just cancel them all and usenet everything again.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only Bollywood movie worth watching was that Terminator one. I think we even had a thread about it years back, but it was so over-the-top it was hilariously awesome.

(edit) This one:

Holy balls

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah they had that shit all sewn up and they squandered it by no quality control. It was basically throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, well now they will pay the price. They will either get bought out by someone or DIAF of restructuring court. Because once the main studios pull all their shit all they are left with is Netflix originals which are all dog shit for the most part.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Better shows on there like Cheers.

Also enjoy the Office, Friends, and Parks and Rec as all will probably be gone this year from Netflix.
Cheers didn't age well and the bitches weren't hot.

• 1Dislike

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah they had that shit all sewn up and they squandered it by no quality control. It was basically throw shit at the wall and see what sticks, well now they will pay the price. They will either get bought out by someone or DIAF of restructuring court. Because once the main studios pull all their shit all they are left with is Netflix originals which are all dog shit for the most part.

A lot of the Netflix TV shows are great. Their movies on the other hand...

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like what? honestly aside a few of the marvel ones,A FEW, maybe haunted hill? I cant think of any.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Like what? honestly aside a few of the marvel ones,A FEW, maybe haunted hill? I cant think of any.

Ozark, Bojack Horseman, Mindhunter, Black Mirror, The Umbrella Academy, Dead to Me, Love+Death+Robots. Those are some of the best that range from A+ to A- and there are many more B and C shows that are still as good or better than all of network TV and most of cable TV.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Lucifer
stranger things
space force coming this year, starring Steve Carrell and co as The Office in space
The Crown (trigger warning: its full of white people)
Sex Education
Big Mouth
F is for Family
American Vandal
Master of None
Ozark
Narcos & Narcos Mexico
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Altered Carbon
Lost in Space (above two are 7/10s not amazing but still fun to watch)
Peaky Blinders (technically BBC but full series on netflix)
Dark Tourist (weird guy goes to WEIRD ass tourist places)

• 1Like