meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
MCU movies will be offered in IMAX enhanced format on D+ starting 11/12

This is live now and pretty awesome.

1636669604248.png

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
They are continuing the 90s animated X-men Series. This has the potential to be amazing. Could also suck. Fingers crossed.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah disney announced a bunch of live action and animated shows, some of which was known like Ms Marvel and She Hulk but also new stuff like Agatha, Marvel Zombies, and tons more

everything exclusively on Disney+, full on crank it out mode. Thats just MCU too, whole other side of Star Wars stuff

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
I love how the she hulk scene where she says "Dont make me angry" is framed pretty much how it was in the series

banner.jpg

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
everything exclusively on Disney+, full on crank it out mode. Thats just MCU too, whole other side of Star Wars stuff
I know they said they had a goal to have at least one new Disney+ show going on every week of the year. Definitely amping the productions up.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They are continuing the 90s animated X-men Series. This has the potential to be amazing. Could also suck. Fingers crossed.

This is going to be shit because despite all our nostalgia, X-Men TAS was mostly shit. Super cheap animation that didn't age well and a lot of mediocre adaptations of comic storylines.

If they were going to restart any of the X-Men series it should have been Wolverine and the X-Men which was cancelled after a single season specifically because of Disney buying Marvel and is by far the best of any of the X-Men cartoons.

• 1Edgelord

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is going to be shit because despite all our nostalgia, X-Men TAS was mostly shit. Super cheap animation that didn't age well and a lot of mediocre adaptations of comic storylines.
Yeah, the animation is fuckin' garbage in TAS, even by "then" standards. There was some pretty mediocre voice acting work done as well.

That intro was a fuckin' banger though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

If they were going to restart any of the X-Men series it should have been Wolverine and the X-Men which was cancelled after a single season specifically because of Disney buying Marvel and is by far the best of any of the X-Men cartoons.
There's a pretty cool wolverine (dont think the xmen are in it?) anime/cartoon on netflix too. Gory and all

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the animation is fuckin' garbage in TAS, even by "then" standards. There was some pretty mediocre voice acting work done as well.

the Sentinels in TAS will always be the best.

• 1Like

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Not sure if imax mode is that good or if I just never watched Endgame in 4K before.

It's just marketing bullshit...

Back in 2016 I got a behind the scenes tour of a Warren theater that had just been built. They had a old timer who was responsible for making sure all of the projectors were set up right and he showed us how the entire system worked. At the time the movie files were a proprietary Windows media codec that was projected at 2K.

The senior projectionist came up through the ranks in the old day, and I asked him if they had anything close to IMAX in digital. He said true IMAX film was about 16K and above and at the time there was nothing out there that could match IMAX film. I can't even imagine the machine it would take to play out a 16K file let alone the cost. All they're doing is destroying the original aspect ratio by doing this. Haven't done the research to see just how compressed the 4K is on Disney plus.

Have a friend who works for Viacom and they get full resolution films and audio from the studios to cut down for networks. Some films the edit have to be approved by the original director before they can air the new cut. Last time we talked they were waiting for Francis Ford Coppola to approve their cutdown version of The Godfather.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

TAS was awesome and still is. there was SOME mediocre voice acting, but a bunch of the voices will always be the real voices for me, specifically apocolypse.

and if none of that matters, then you still have to cede the point because those artists LOVED rogue and made sure everyone else did, too.

6642951-xmenrogue.png

Apocalypse-1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
The opening theme music for TAS was just the best ever...the series itself was pretty mediocre

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The opening theme music for TAS was just the best ever...the series itself was pretty mediocre
Yeah well when I was 8 years old I gave zero fucks about plot and storyline, just how awesome it looked.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
lol will smith has a new show on D+ called Welcome to Earth, looks cool though

he never actually says ERF in independence day

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
TAS was awesome and still is. there was SOME mediocre voice acting, but a bunch of the voices will always be the real voices for me, specifically apocolypse.

and if none of that matters, then you still have to cede the point because those artists LOVED rogue and made sure everyone else did, too.

6642951-xmenrogue.png

Apocalypse-1.jpg
Since then, she's my favorite Xmen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users