Disney+ Streaming Service

spronk

FPS noob

seems unlikely a whole company sale, but then again Disney is only worth $150b in the stock market while Apple is like $3 trillion or something ridiculous. I think Apple has more cash sitting in their vault than Disney is worth.

I don't even know how breaking up and selling parts of Disney would work.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

seems unlikely a whole company sale, but then again Disney is only worth $150b in the stock market while Apple is like $3 trillion or something ridiculous. I think Apple has more cash sitting in their vault than Disney is worth.

The Apple/Disney "rumors" thing has been going on for years.

joz123

Potato del Grande

Justin Timberlake What GIF

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

dumb fucking article. selling off the assets aquired from fox make sense. natgeo etc make no sense. and can generate cash to purchase hulu.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Disney has been eating cock for years. now its affecting their park attendance. thats where they make the biggest chunk of their money. this is all self inflicted wounds too. all so Iger can virtue signal a failed presidency attempt.
expect these rumors to get louder as time goes on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
All I know is I want the Alien tv series I was promised.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

It's gotten more serious now that Apple officially passed on MGM and let Amazon take (overpay) for it.

They are in the market for IPs to bolster their streaming service. Disney makes the most sense right now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's gotten more serious now that Apple officially passed on MGM and let Amazon take (overpay) for it.

They are in the market for IPs to bolster their streaming service. Disney makes the most sense right now.
would be funny if Apple got Pixar back. they own distribution for Skydance animated films too. head of animation at Skydance is John Lasseter. Pixar is on its ass right now. ripe for picking. Disney has its own animation division separate from Pixar. all very interesting.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Buddy of mine in production finance was with Disney at the time of the ABC acquisition. He ended up taking a position on the ABC side of things and said it was a huge shit show. They jerked him around so he bailed to Netflix for a 50% salary and title bump.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
would be funny if Apple got Pixar back. they own distribution for Skydance animated films too. head of animation at Skydance is John Lasseter. Pixar is on its ass right now. ripe for picking. Disney has its own animation division separate from Pixar. all very interesting.

The reason why the "rumor" of Apple persists is because Apple is the only major streaming service that has yet to make major acquisitions to expand its library.

If Apple bought something big, anything, then the rumor would go away-- but they haven't yet. So here we are waiting to see if Iger is going to throw in the towel and gift investors a bow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The reason why the "rumor" of Apple persists is because Apple is the only major streaming service that has yet to make major acquisitions to expand its library.

If Apple bought something big, anything, then the rumor would go away-- but they haven't yet. So here we are waiting to see if Iger is going to throw in the towel and gift investors a bow.
Pixar is totally ruined now. all they got left are continuing to churn out mediocre sequels to Toy Story and other previous Pixar hits in hopes the diminishing returns at the box office will tide them over until the next big original hit. if Lasseter gets put back in charge. they have a slight chance. but only if Lasseter and Brad Byrd can work a miracle. of course a lot of things have to line up for any of this to happen too. enough that it will likely never happen mainly because Iger doesnt want to admit he was wrong and Disney has a lot of money invested in Pixar themed attractions at their theme parks, cruises and hotels.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Remember, just a few years back when Disney was the biggest Juggernaut in the entertainment business.

For the life of me, I can't think of why they have fallen from the top so damn fast
What is it that could have brought them so low....

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Remember, just a few years back when Disney was the biggest Juggernaut in the entertainment business.

For the life of me, I can't think of why they have fallen from the top so damn fast
What is it that could have brought them so low....
2019 was their peak, but you could see the beginnings of a decline before that. it just took 2 or three years to catch up. 2013 was the beginning of the woke era. 2016 is when people started to notice it. 2019 is when we started to see it influencing male oriented programming.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Their 3 season limits on good cartoon shows hurt the whole division, but meanwhile they burn hundreds of millions on average or bad Disney+ series.

No one wanted that Obi-wan series, fuck just put that money into more Ducktales reboot.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

The main things hurting them was
1) COVID hurt their theme park bottom lines for a couple years
2) Big dollar projects that failed on ROI or were projected to
3) Oversaturation of IPs like Star Wars or Marvel with poorly received product diminishing their profitability

Basically, they either put out mediocre stuff or invested too much in projects to the point it wasn’t profitable. Indiana Jones 5 is a perfectly decent movie, but it failed to be a huge hit to make back the money they spent. And expensive stuff like Antman3 was blasted by critics and moviegoers alike

Disney isn’t alone in that regard. Netflix lost tons of money bankrolling projects that flopped, like that superhero show Jupiter Rising

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Juvarisx

Florida
It wont be a Lucasfilm or Marvel that goes it will be something like ESPN. IP is still the most valuable thing right now and they have no reason to sell it off, they could do what they are doing with Star Wars right now and not make movies till they are confident they have a hit. Anything Star Wars film related is not guaranteed to come out till opening night, how many directors have had a movie then been told to fuck off at this point?

Once they get Comcasts part of Hulu, they just need to merge that shit with D+ and dump the hulu branding. Every other country has a R rated D+ section except the US and it hurts the value of the service. Like UK's has a ton of Fox movies like Die Hard. Why don't we?

Sevens

Log Wizard
It wont be a Lucasfilm or Marvel that goes it will be something like ESPN. IP is still the most valuable thing right now and they have no reason to sell it off, they could do what they are doing with Star Wars right now and not make movies till they are confident they have a hit. Anything Star Wars film related is not guaranteed to come out till opening night, how many directors have had a movie then been told to fuck off at this point?

Once they get Comcasts part of Hulu, they just need to merge that shit with D+ and dump the hulu branding. Every other country has a R rated D+ section except the US and it hurts the value of the service. Like UK's has a ton of Fox movies like Die Hard. Why don't we?
My Disney+ plus had an R rated section, and I live in the U.S.
It's not visible by default, you have to go into your settings and enable it.
I watched all the Netflix Marvel shows on it.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
My Disney+ plus had an R rated section, and I live in the U.S.
It's not visible by default, you have to go into your settings and enable it.
I watched all the Netflix Marvel shows on it.

Yea, there is the Deadpool movies on there too, but they haven't added any Fox stuff too it was more what I meant

Sevens

Log Wizard
Yea, there is the Deadpool movies on there too, but they haven't added any Fox stuff too it was more what I meant
Didn't they put the Fox X-men on there?
I know they weren't R rated except for Logan.
Can't remember now, been to long since I stopped supporting "The Message"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users