Disney+ Streaming Service

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Do all them block the release of numbers? Seems like Disney has blocked the numbers on a ton of shows and just say it's a huge success.
I am not defending Disney, but if you don't think all services cook their numbers, you are being naive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I am not defending Disney, but if you don't think all services cook their numbers, you are being naive.
That was a big part of the strike. Actors and staff wanted to see the numbers to try and get a cut.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That was a big part of the strike. Actors and staff wanted to see the numbers to try and get a cut.
I feel like this last year Disney was the big culprit. They had such a huge bomb of movies and didn't want to release numbers on streaming. But I could see that being a factor

Did they ever release numbers on shows like Echo that claimed to be a massive hit with viewers ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Did they ever release numbers on shows like Echo that claimed to be a massive hit with viewers ?
pretty sure i posted about it someone where here. they got what they wanted, dropping all 5 got them into the top 10/top 5 for the release week, so was able to have success articles written. it didn't make either of charts the following week.
1712688920203.png

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't heard of half those shows,

Fool me once
The brothers son
Lift
Boy swallows the universe
You are what you eat
My life with the Walter boys

Any actually good?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I haven't watched it yet, it's still in my queue, but The Brothers Sun could be pretty good, certainly the only watchable thing out of that list.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It was good, not great.

Typical Netflix girl-bossing dampens a lot of the otherwise fun action and intrigue.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I haven't watched it yet, it's still in my queue, but The Brothers Sun could be pretty good, certainly the only watchable thing out of that list.

Saw it when it dropped. Too many trash episodes.

3-4 decent episode worth of material there. You might struggle to get to the finale. Finale could have been better too (not talking about the action. The action is all on point throughout). Show and concept had a lot of potential. Hesitate to give it a 5/10. Some ratings aggregators have it around 7/10 which will vary down by 2 points depending on what you expect. If someone notched it as a 4/10 show it wouldn't surprise me. It's "good" and very far from great.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Saw it when it dropped. Too many trash episodes.

3-4 decent episode worth of material there. You might struggle to get to the finale. Finale could have been better too (not talking about the action. The action is all on point throughout). Show and concept had a lot of potential. Hesitate to give it a 5/10. Some ratings aggregators have it around 7/10 which will vary down by 2 points depending on what you expect. If someone notched it as a 4/10 show it wouldn't surprise me. It's "good" and very far from great.
It’s a good popcorn action 80s homage of sorts. I think they tried to cram too many plot lines into the time they had. Off the top of my head, none of the ideas they had were out of place with the overall feel.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Off the top of my head, none of the ideas they had were out of place with the overall feel.

Referring to a little bait and switch between the pilot episode and where the story ends up staying. Think there was room to do more there, even 1 more callback to Taipei would have been nice. Of course a story interwoven more location wise with Taipei would have been better but the budget has limitations.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The younger brother is also incredibly annoying.

Couldn't force myself to finish that one. Think I gave up around episode 6?

spronk

FPS noob
brothers sun got cancelled tho, no season 2 due to low viewership. so if netflix just drops a show thats so low and it beat echo...

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rewatching X-Men '92 first time since a child. Even though I watched it religiously, there are still episodes I had missed. incredible.

Rogue's butt meme is funny yet misleading. An episode that has a good butt can have bad butts later in the same episode for the same character. There was one scene where Storm was flat as can be but Magneto was popping.

Regardless to that noise, good series