Disney+ Streaming Service

spronk

FPS noob
disneys not woke guys, everyone wants a tv show about a girl in nigeria who (i dunno i stopped after 15 secs)

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
If she's not raped to cure aids in the first episode I'm calling bullshit.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why do they always portray african countries as either futuristic or deep past? is it because present day africa is a massive failure? i am curious how many years (centuries?) need to pass before they can comprehend this technology and produce it on their own without stealing it from whitey.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ycKboW2vUGul.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's amazing that it can take that long to fire someone who's so profoundly terrible at their job.

But I guess spreading the message takes priority over profits.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's amazing that it can take that long to fire someone who's so profoundly terrible at their job.

But I guess spreading the message takes priority over profits.
up until Little Mermaid, all these live action remakes were massive hits. IMO, firing the guy after a bad year is kind of a dick move especially after all the income he generated. just tell him no more woke stuff.

Cybsled

Chuk is actually correct. Disney was making a lot of money on those live actions until the recent string of bombs and bad press

Think sports. If your coach wins the Super Bowl or World Series and then shits the bed the next year, they usually get a buffer year or two before they get booted if they keep failing to make the playoffs/etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Cinderella was the only good live action remake.

all others the animated version is superior

they can and should be directly comparable as it’s the same company purposefully remaking the same thing only in live action - or pure life like CG in lion king but I digress

as for money making? It’s Disney their farts make money so that is no gauge

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuk is actually correct. Disney was making a lot of money on those live actions until the recent string of bombs and bad press

Think sports. If your coach wins the Super Bowl or World Series and then shits the bed the next year, they usually get a buffer year or two before they get booted if they keep failing to make the playoffs/etc
the only thing i can think of is that the next crop of live action remakes are all stupidly woke too and so they will lose their ass in the future too. Hercules is black now?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kennedy still has a job, so neither making money nor making franchises better is the objective.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Kennedy still has a job, so neither making money nor making franchises better is the objective.
Solo was the only theatrical flop by Kennedy, until Indy5. everything else made over a billion dollars. if Rise of Palpatine had bombed, they would have fired her. she only lost cash with Disney+ and shows like Boba and Ob1. but Both had good ratings to start off with.

joz123

Potato del Grande

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
the only thing i can think of is that the next crop of live action remakes are all stupidly woke too and so they will lose their ass in the future too. Hercules is black now?
IMO the dumbest part is if Disney and pretty much all the other studios weren’t so concerned with making sure everyone sees how much they ‘care’ about diversity they could steal/adapt ethnic folklore or not be huge bitches about risk in a ‘new’ IP that they would actually be increasing the diversity of available content and make more money. 🤷‍♂️

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
IMO the dumbest part is if Disney and pretty much all the other studios weren’t so concerned with making sure everyone sees how much they ‘care’ about diversity they could steal/adapt ethnic folklore or not be huge bitches about risk in a ‘new’ IP that they would actually be increasing the diversity of available content and make more money. 🤷‍♂️
if they could swap a ginger white girl with an bug eyed quadroon, then they really dont give a fuck about offending white people.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Could happen. But Disney would need to be black-owned or at least have a black chairman of the board first to avoid being called out for appropriating. Give it 50 years.