Disney+ Streaming Service

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
anyone watch Soul? Debating whether to pop it in tomorrow or if kids will not really get a movie about death and souls and jazz and shit, looks way too artsy
Theres a decent chunk of the movie that doesnt really focus on jazz. Theres about a 50/50 split. My 2year old liked it, but not as much as Onward. There will be at least one sweet lego set from this movie. Very funny and heart-warming, typical Pixar. I'll go 7/10 due to the jazz. The subject matter is a little heavy for repeated watching.

It hasnt charged me anything to watch it either. This is my first time with Disney Premier Access or whatever. Maybe itll show up on my next bill, but there was no price or any kind of purchase warning. Maybe its a Christmas miracle!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
anyone watch Soul? Debating whether to pop it in tomorrow or if kids will not really get a movie about death and souls and jazz and shit, looks way too artsy
Watched it last night, it was better than I expected it to be but it leaned more toward adult themes. I had to explain some things to my 6yo. With that said, he liked it, just didn’t understand the concepts of living/loving life it is themed around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't really anchor the story in a dual adult/child thread. Was fully an adult film made by Pixar. Was well made, just doesn't grab you the same way.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I thought Soul was really good, especially the score (non-Jazz stuff done by Trent Reznor).

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

its apparently a clip show showing character moments from the MCU movies, to lead up to the various D+ shows like WandaVision which premieres in a week or so

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

Disney Plus had the wind at its back to close out 2020: The streaming service notched 94.9 million customers worldwide as of Jan. 2, 2021, the company announced.

That’s up more than 8 million in just one month, from 86.8 million paid subscribers as of Dec. 2. It also now tops Disney’s original projections of landing up to 90 million subs for Disney Plus within four years.
Disney Plus’ strength has given the media conglomerate confidence to raise pricing: Effective March 26, 2021, the service’s price in the U.S. will increase to $7.99 per month (up from $6.99 now) or $79.99 per year (up from $69.99). The three-way bundle with Disney Plus, Hulu with ads and ESPN Plus will increase to $13.99 per month, also up a dollar.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Star is now live on Disney+ in Canada, I quickly looked and it adds a shitload of content. Some good stuff like Logan and Alien.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Then again, this is basically the plot of:

1614140738669.png

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Three were very big announcements with the first being that Marvel’s “Loki,” starring Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, has been set for a June 11th premiere.

Next is that the animated “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” will premiere on Tuesday, May 4th with the second to air on Friday, May 7th and continue weekly on Fridays after that.

The last is that the “Monsters Inc.” spinoff series “Monsters at Work” will premiere on July 2nd. The story of that one focuses on a young scarer now has to work on getting laughs.

That’s not all though as the second season of “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series” begins May 14th, “The Mysterious Benedict Society” has been set for June 25th, the “Turner & Hooch” reboot starring Josh Peck will hit on July 16th, and the “Chip ‘N’ Dale: Park Life” animate series arrives on July 23rd.

spronk

FPS noob
haven't watched this yet but this dude is an OLED screen guru and goes into streaming vs UHD HDR comparisons

people on twitter and stuff are saying he basically says Disney+ Dolby Vision 4K streams look better than UHD 4k HDR10 discs, which sounds kinda nuts. Interesting stuff anyways, wonder if another generation of OLED panels and more fine grain controls over black levels will change things

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
haven't watched this yet but this dude is an OLED screen guru and goes into streaming vs UHD HDR comparisons

people on twitter and stuff are saying he basically says Disney+ Dolby Vision 4K streams look better than UHD 4k HDR10 discs, which sounds kinda nuts. Interesting stuff anyways, wonder if another generation of OLED panels and more fine grain controls over black levels will change things
I've watched a lot of this guy's videos. Wish there was a similar guy for audio fidelity. Disney+ Dolby Atmos is nearly indistinguishable from what I've heard on 4K BD's, save movies with very subtle, crisp sounds, like flowing water that has an eerily "real", studio recorded sound.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

D+ passes 100m subs, Disney has a goal of 100 (!!) new series in 2021/2022 exclusively on D+

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Great, i hope there's at least 7 of them I actually want to watch.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users