Disney+ Streaming Service

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ours also runs out in Nov I think. We did not renew. mandalorian is all I’ve liked. I’ll watch it via other means.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ours also runs out in Nov I think. We did not renew. mandalorian is all I’ve liked. I’ll watch it via other means.
I have been debating this internally. The wife really likes Hulu so she wont go for dumping it even though DIS owns it. I might tell them ill renew D+ in Nov at my current founder's rate and if they say no then then ill dump it. But D+ and Hulu are going to 9.99 so i will be basically getting D+ for $2 a month with that combo.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
As much as I hate to admit it, the no ads triple pack for $20 a month is pretty solid. I already pay for no ad Hulu at $13 and D+ under the 3 year deal was $3, so only paying $4 more even after the pumped the prices and getting ESPN+ along with it is not bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As much as I hate to admit it, the no ads triple pack for $20 a month is pretty solid. I already pay for no ad Hulu at $13 and D+ under the 3 year deal was $3, so only paying $4 more even after the pumped the prices and getting ESPN+ along with it is not bad.
Every time an ad comes on Hulu I pick up my phone and shitpost on FOH until the show starts back up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cybsled

If Disney+’s subscriber growth is any indication, the rumors that the global streaming market is nearing saturation have been proven untrue

Yes and no. It could also just represent cannibalism of existing streaming service markets as other ones either fail, consolidate, or lose subscribers

Goatface

aren't a big chunk of their sub numbers from india where it costs like $2 per month?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
aren't a big chunk of their sub numbers from india where it costs like $2 per month?

dunno about this quarter but end of 2021
Disney broke out Disney Plus numbers by region:

In the U.S. and Canada, the streamer had 42.9 million customers (up 18%)
internationally excluding Disney Plus Hotstar, it had 41.1 million (up 40%)
and Disney Plus Hotstar, which is the streaming brand in India and certain other Southeast Asian countries, had 45.9 million (up 57%)

The company also disclosed that average revenue per subscriber the most recent quarter was $6.68 for the U.S./Canada (+15% year over year) and $5.96 internationally (+26%). Disney Plus Hotstar’s ARPU was $1.03/month, up 5%.

so yeah a curry sub is worth about 1/6th a hamburger sub, a hamburger sub is worth about the same as a eurofag. Seems to be divided fairly even across regions though.

generally purchasing power metrics rank India as 12:1 to 17:1 compared to USD/Euro so curries are actually overpaying at even $1, they should really be paying closer to 41c/month. Its a bit misleading though since for middle class people purchasing power is fairly equivalent, but if you only factor in food/rent asia, africa and south america have vastly higher purchasing indexes. Like you can live like a king for $1000 in most of the world, as long as the cops don't stop you and put aa bullet in your head.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It was my understanding that the actual subscription numbers are all faulty. One of Netflix's potential undoing is that one account is shared by too many people in all markets, but it is probably much worse in India, Africa, etc...

It's like to 300+ Arabs that share a single Costco account near me. As if any of the Costco employees are going to throw down that line. The shit I see going on with the Arabs at Costco is so fucking absurd. They can actually steal shit right at the self-checkout line; big shit too, like TVs... and if anyone tries to "help" them, they go all dirka-dirka.

I know, I sound like a serious fucking Arab-hating racist, but it is a stone cold fact-- it happens every single day at both Costcos near me. They all pull that shit around here. It must be part of their daily prayer routine at the mosque.

• 2Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
You say this like its a bad thing.
1660243757277.png

• 1Like

Goatface

dunno about this quarter but end of 2021

internationally excluding Disney Plus Hotstar, it had 41.1 million (up 40%)

found a new story today saying it is 50.1 million
70% of its advertising revenue comes from Indian Premier League Cricket
Disney Plus Hotstar lost most of the tv rights to IPL, and expects to loose a few million subs, but still think they hit 80m by end of 2024.

Disney now expects to have 215 million to 245 million global subscribers by the end of fiscal 2024 down from the expectations of 230 million to 260 million

Goatface

Percy Jackson cast

1660842876946.png

guess zeus, athena, and kronos are going to be black

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given the mass popularity of the new She-Hulk, there is no way they lose subs. Percy Jackson will just be icing on that wonderful cake.

Stephen Colbert Smile GIF

• 2Worf