Divinity: Original Sin 2

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you are going to screw with someone, grab a deathfog barrel and put it next to them :D

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
are there more barrels to grab outside of the starting boat?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey everyone I had a plan last night and the plan actually worked this time. And I am very proud of myself.

@TJT goishen goishen @persiansoap

I mean, normally my plans are well thought out and poorly executed but this time it was hap hazardly thought out on a whim and turned out to be well executed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Hey everyone I had a plan last night and the plan actually worked this time. And I am very proud of myself.

@TJT goishen goishen @persiansoap

I mean, normally my plans are well thought out and poorly executed but this time it was hap hazardly thought out on a whim and turned out to be well executed.

Clutch Utnayan, is what I'm gonna start calling you.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Raign

Golden Squire
You can't run this? What do you have? a 386?

Except for that void-fire crap.. I swear you need WATSON to run smooth with a screen full of that crap burning.

Minor spoiler:
Fuck you black-pits, I had 80% of that zone lit up with this shit at once and even my SLI machine crawled when panning in it

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've only managed to save that dudes life once cause he keeps getting roasted in that stupid fire. Thought about teleporting him away but likely just run right back in. Is the trick to just bless the fire so it heals instead or something?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, got a lot of hours into the game but I doubt i'm going to finish it. I took glass cannon on Fane and thought it was annoying just getting chain cc'd through every single fight but now that i'm near Arx my entire group just gets chain cc'd every fight. Tried a fight 5 times this morning using different positioning, spreading group out etc., doesn't matter. I get 2 turns on a few chars if i'm lucky, usually just one, and then i'm perma cc'd til they whittle me down.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's why I prefer lone wolf over glass cannon. Fuck CC is OP in this game on both sides.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Welp, got a lot of hours into the game but I doubt i'm going to finish it. I took glass cannon on Fane and thought it was annoying just getting chain cc'd through every single fight but now that i'm near Arx my entire group just gets chain cc'd every fight. Tried a fight 5 times this morning using different positioning, spreading group out etc., doesn't matter. I get 2 turns on a few chars if i'm lucky, usually just one, and then i'm perma cc'd til they whittle me down.

Respec, cheese fights with set up prep or if you aren't playing tactician then jump down to explorer. Don't give up! =O

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm playing tactician with a 4man party. I thought about respeccing Fane out of glass cannon but like I said, it's just sometimes annoying, not a huge deal. This fight my entire team ends up permanently frozen/stunned/knocked down by the end of the 2nd turn. I dunno how respeccing is going to stop that from happening with cursed ice everywhere etc.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Combine your boots with nails to stop the ice slipping. Maybe cheese shit by sending in a sacrificial lamb to eat the first round and then bring the rest of your party into combat once the NPCs have blasted their CCs. Bless the ice, use a summoner to move the ice surface somewhere else, use a tornado to clear it out, use morph to grow wings and make characters immune to surfaces. I can't see your circumstances but there are tons of ways around surface conditions.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's the fight at the docks in Arx against all the ice using voidwoken, it's not so much slipping on the ice as it is that I kill one or two of them and then the other 4 are close enough to go to town on me and even if one of them can't get through my armor and cc me, the 2nd one will for sure and it's 2 turn freezes/cursed ice/shocking blood and water everywhere.

I'm sure I can eventually get lucky with them choosing a pathing/moveset that doesn't result in permanent cc on my entire party but it's extremely frustrating. I'd rather lose a fight because they obliterate me than have to reload a fight 15 times because I just end up chain cc'd while they take 10 rounds to kill me while I just sit and watch and i'm assuming more fights are going to end up like this one as enemies are using higher level skills and whatnot.

I don't like cheesing things like pickpocketing to keep everyone in max level gear or playing the whole game with max lucky charm, so i'm not in the best of gear but i'm not in garbage tier gear (the mobs are level 17 and all my gear is lvl 16+ with some lvl 18/19 pieces which my characters are level 19).

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I did that one by spreading out quite a bit and using my teleporter to move them to waiting characters. Also bone widow, though at that point in the game I only had it on my mage with only 1-2 points in summoning so it wasn't that stupidly OP.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've only managed to save that dudes life once cause he keeps getting roasted in that stupid fire. Thought about teleporting him away but likely just run right back in. Is the trick to just bless the fire so it heals instead or something?

naw, that doesn't work. because in a single round it goes from oil, to fire, to cursed fire. so if you bless it (which i did) it decurses the fire. which was awesome. all the fire was connected so my machine, which was ALREADY slowing to about 5 frames per second, went down to about 1 frame per second as it took the tendrils out of ALL the fire. and then the very next action, it went back to cursed fire.