Divinity: Original Sin 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I consider my playthrough pretty much bare minimum on cheese. Bone spider dies in just a few hits or is charmed instantly later in the game at lvl 20ish when you finish the game...and honestly I found myself clearing fights faster without it. I never used the deathfog, lava, or tk tricks, just smashed things in the face with my tank. But yea, the game is meant to reward you if you build/play intelligently.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The game is dragging a bit for me. I think some of my character specs are just boring and probably not ideal. I tried doing it without thievery and lucky charm and the gold just doesn't really keep up.

I ended up murdering all the magisters in Driftwood because they looked at me funny and fuck them anyway. Didn't really seem to change anything so...?

I'm going to have to respec or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
the fuck is TK 2k weight chests cheese?

I think i need to respec my rogue after reading some of those posts, i think i have like 10 in scoundrel and 1 or 2 in warfare, i should probably reverse that eh? guy crits a lot but the damage should be higher if i get more into warfare right?

Probably put like ~5 in scoundrel and the rest in warfare?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Putting 2k weight of shit in a chest and telekinesis will insta kill almost anything

Rogue damage scales better with a 1:1 of scoundrel and warfare from my testing than heavy in one or another since it actually multiplies the damage

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah. the damage a container does, when thrown at a target, is effected by the weight of the container. fill a chest up with stuff. and it will one shot most things in the game. TK ignores weight, and has much more range then using str to throw things.

Needless

Toe Sucker
how do you carry around 2k of shit to put in a chest before a fight though? lol

That's pretty comical though haha, some creative ass strategies out there

edit: that looks really boring, just looked up a video on it lol

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried playing D:OS EE with controller + kb/m, and it won't let you. Apparently coop is only 2 controllers. Anyone know if this one lets you mix input types?

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I don't believe so, at least not as of release. They might've changed it, though with the 4 gig patch.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't believe so, at least not as of release. They might've changed it, though with the 4 gig patch.
Makes sense. Having the 2 different control schemes on screen would make it kinda weird. Thanks.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Finished the game tonight with Sebille/Ifan lone wolf duo, took their storylines to the end and... didn't get either of their achievements. But for some reason, I got a Red Prince achievement, even though I never used him the entire playthrough.

• 1Worf

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So in act 1 when i was fighting Shalino or whatever for origin quest with Lohse, i had charmed one of the npc's (Elodi) and once the fight ended the charmed person stayed in my parter as a perment member.....she got exp but she doesn't get new skill points etc so pretty useless. Any way to get her out of my party?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So in act 1 when i was fighting Shalino or whatever for origin quest with Lohse, i had charmed one of the npc's (Elodi) and once the fight ended the charmed person stayed in my parter as a perment member.....she got exp but she doesn't get new skill points etc so pretty useless. Any way to get her out of my party?

Isnt there a 'manage party members' menu of some kind. Short of that try killing her.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man everything in this game is just shit. Everyone is shit, every political faction is shit and even the animals are little fuzzy pieces of shit.

I just want to restart two undead lone wolf and go out and murder literally everything.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Well, last night...

I finally finished up the Lohar quest. The one with Mordum? I think? Found a letter from the queen, went back to tell Lohar that I finished his quest, did so, accepted his payment. Then, I spoke with him again, showed him the letter from the queen, killed him, and took back the amulet.

Then I went in and cleared out the drug den he had behind him, for good measure.

God I love this game.

Raign

Golden Squire
Started my honormode run last night. Went with two custom made lone wolf characters, one a heavy warfare archer and one a heavy warfare necro/melee. Hopefully I can finish the run before they nerf warfare impacting basically every combat skill lol

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Working on mine I would strongly advise at least one of those lone wolves be undead. Fucking deathfog traps :-|

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
What am I misunderstanding, i think im smoking crack, how do I create a second custom lone wolf character to use in my play through? How do i create ANY second character to use in a playthrough? Is it part of the storyline?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
When chapter 2 starts, you can generate a bunch of generics and fill your team with those if you so choose. Fort Joy can only be done with main character and storyline guys though.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why would you make a ranger character with warfare aside from whatever it takes to get stuff like Phoenix Dive. Putting points in ranged gives 5% ranged damage to all ranged bow skills etc + gives you 1% crit. Considering you need melee weapons for warfare skills like battle stomp etc its pretty pointless as a ranger to invest points there. As a rogue or other melee fighter yes, but I dont see the point really unless Im missing something

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Why would you make a ranger character with warfare aside from whatever it takes to get stuff like Phoenix Dive. Putting points in ranged gives 5% ranged damage to all ranged bow skills etc + gives you 1% crit. Considering you need melee weapons for warfare skills like battle stomp etc its pretty pointless as a ranger to invest points there. As a rogue or other melee fighter yes, but I dont see the point really unless Im missing something

5% phys damage per point, as lone wolf can max both I beleieve (plus more shit). Just starting my honor run and doing something similar