Divinity: Original Sin 2

Caliane

warfare and other skills(pyro, hydro, etc) are multiplicative. Str/finesse/int and weapon skills are additive with each other.

Total damage = WeaponDamage*WarfareBonus%*HighGroundBonus%*(1+RangedBonus%+FinesseBonus%+BloodSacBonus%)
DOS 2 What to level up?

yes, this a fairly hidden, and bullshit thing. But warfares 5% is stronger then bow's 5%.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Interesting.

As a spellcaster then Huntsman would be the best skill other than your specialty since its fairly easy to always have high ground bonuses if you build your character with abilities that provide movement and manipulate the map.

Raign

Golden Squire
What am I misunderstanding, i think im smoking crack, how do I create a second custom lone wolf character to use in my play through? How do i create ANY second character to use in a playthrough? Is it part of the storyline?

You can also start a multiplayer game and create 2 customs, you just need to start it as a LAN session and open Divinity twice (once from Steam and once from the app folder). Once the game is saved with two custom characters, you can close your second session and you will always have two customs

Caliane

Interesting.

As a spellcaster then Huntsman would be the best skill other than your specialty since its fairly easy to always have high ground bonuses if you build your character with abilities that provide movement and manipulate the map.
possibly. depends on if you want to go for high ground consistently, or crit. if crit, you probably want scoundrel second for crit multi. Wands, and runes giving you high crit chance value outright.

Spellcaster you may end up with more trees then a phys character as well. more likely to get hydro, pyro, geo, poly, and aero. just for spell options. fortify, haste, etc.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been playing this, while I like the game there are a lot of things that prevent it from being a great game for me:
  • targetting, why is it so fucking hard to hover over stuff
  • inventory management sucks, nice to not have a diablo style slot limit but sifting through all the crafting trash makes it painful
  • generally hard to see things in the game, made even worse by perspective completely hiding things
  • no good way to see what various spell effects do in combat
  • NPC combat is very slow, not sure if its CPU bound but sometimes the NPCs seem to sit for a while thinking about what they want to do
  • forced to sit through casting animation before attempting to do anything else
I'm also a bit disappointed in co-op, would have been nice to have a diablo style setup where you can bring your own characters.

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
My only gripe with co-op so far is not being able to examine shit while it's not your turn. They already let you "borrow" any party member's Lore skill, but you can't fucking click examine on something when it's not your turn? Come on guys.

Fucking Euro studios. There's some really good ones out there (this being one of them), but god damn do they swing-and-miss on the weirdest and most obvious shit sometimes.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I love this game but i'm starting to get impatient with how long fights get, specially if i fuck up and have to reload my file lol

I ended up putting it on explorer mode for some fight in the black pits with like 15 oil blobs + magisters because it just took forever to finish with fire blobs just running back and forth during their turns in fire healing themselves

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm probably 7/8 through the game and have yet to do another encounter nearly as "epic" as the black pits fight. That was definitely on the wrong side of the tedium line.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll take the black pits fight over any of the a2/a3/a4 void worm fights where you just have a bunch of non stop shit spawning and blowing up. Would be nice if voidfire didn't last forever in that fight but comparatively, the never dying skeletons in arx are worse

Rime

<Donor>
The cursed skeletons in Arx almost made me quit the game. Cursed Fire in a wall. Had to wait 10 turns for the cooldown on Tornado to come up before I could use it to take out the 'invisible' fire and stop the skeletons from respawning.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My neighbor and I are going to both start playing this co-op soon.

Are there any op classes that synergize well together? I'll probably have to carry us, because he's not a "gamer" so the more fun it is for me the better.

I've been looking for noob info on YouTube and in this thread, but the game seems so deep I feel like I'll just be throwing mud on a wall building out classes for us to start with.

Raign

Golden Squire
The cursed skeletons in Arx almost made me quit the game. Cursed Fire in a wall. Had to wait 10 turns for the cooldown on Tornado to come up before I could use it to take out the 'invisible' fire and stop the skeletons from respawning.

Yeah, that section of the area was flat out broken. I ended up just skipping them entirely because I got so frustratedd with them bugging out. Telelport into the second room, go into the dream area, complete the chain, teleport back out of second room. That was the only truely broken spot I found.. a couple flakey quests, but nothing like that embassy idiocy.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Start a lone wolf character, if it's going to be just you and your neighbor. Ya get a ton of bonuses, like +30% to constitution and shit like that. There is a ton of other shit in there.

EDIT :

Lone Wolf | Divinity Original Sin 2 Wiki

Any suggestions on which two builds would synergies best in this scenario?

Dwarf warrior with Picture of Health looks to be a good suggestion, because bonuses.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
It's not too important to choose a specific build because you can swap builds whenever you want starting with chapter 2 at no cost.

With Lone Wolf, I'd put 1 point into a lot of skills, since 1 point = 2 with lone wolf, and 2 points in a skill will unlock everything available from the first chapter. Some good early choices are Aerothurge (teleport), Warfare (lots of CC/DPS), Hydrosphist (healing), and Polymorph (more CC).

Having a character max Thieving will help with money, but if you want to cheese it you can temporarily recruit one of the story characters in chapter one, pump their thievery, let them steal from everyone, then kick them out of the party again.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I found rogue + war to be the best lone wolf combo. Rogue usually went first, cast enrage on the war + teleported mobs into a pile, war would go on turn 3 and WW through all armor with a 2hander and use the aoe knockdown. I didn't put any points in other skills other than 2h + warfare for the war, and scoundrel/warfare for the rogue as by the end of the game you can easily stack enough jewelry to keep +2 aero (teleport), +2 huntsman (haste/warp, heal) and one geo/fire/water for buffs.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
A standard cleric is a decent build. 1 Necro, 1 in Hydro, takes forever to get him down, depending on his gear. That's the thing it took me forever to figure out though. Plus, you've got Necro, which is Bone Widow, which can tank massive amounts of damage. Very start, Necro Skill -- Blood Sucker. Then on the Hydro side, Regen + Rain. I'd start putting points into warfare fairly early, I'd say about every 3 levels or so.

For the other, I'd prolly go with Knight? I dunno, I'm guessing here. I'd definitely go with Aero + warfare, as stated above. Also, I know what you're thinking, "This sounds like a caster class." Stop thinking this way and start putting him into heavy armor just like a tank. You still want a decent amount of physical armor + magic armor. Just if you start dressing him like a caster, he's going to have all magic armor, very little physical armor. And he's going to die, a lot.

Last thing I'm going to say to you is this, try whatever you want. Just make sure that you don't have too much overlap.

Raign

Golden Squire

Dwarf warrior with Picture of Health looks to be a good suggestion, because bonuses.

Pretty much the only thing you want to be aware of is the primary source of damage for both. Dont have one physical and one magic because then you need to beat through both sets of armor on mobs to be effective. Be cognizent of those damage types throughout the game (i.e. dont assume because a skill belongs in one tree or another that it is magic or physical) as it is easy to exclude things that synergize amazingly well without realizing it.

As an example, the rogues cc in scoundrel is magic based.... which given it is their only magic trype attack, makes it pretty near useless. Meanwhile, both necro and polymorph have a number of physical damage "spells" which synergize amazingly well with a physical damage group (Decaying Touch is super useful against humans who heal, mosquito swarm is a pysical drain/ self heal, blood sucker works great with the elfs self damage for extra action point skill, chicken claw is a physical cc... the list goes on)

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

2 mages with focus on summoning and then putting some on different magic schools on the side, same as in original sin 1. On the first round I usually summon up stuff and go invisible, get to a safe distance and let the summons clean stuff up.

It's not too important to choose a specific build because you can swap builds whenever you want starting with chapter 2 at no cost.

this is one of my gripes with this game, to include this kind of cop out. just let people fail at their builds, and take the consequences. I never used the mirror even though I've been tempted when I realize I've lost out on persuasion check etc.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So last night's coop gaming night was epic. @TJT @persiansoap goishen goishen as we continue onward in our weekly adventures.

So... This little story starts out when we first started.

"Hey... A cat.." "Yeah bring him by the guards and watch him get pummled"... So I did...

But he didn't get pummled. And instead, decided to follow me WHEREVER I WENT.

The little guy followed me every where we have gone for the last 3 weeks. Exploration, Battle, you name it. In fact, kitty just kind of became a funny little mascot until last night.

After we did something (I have no idea what but it was after we broke the chains off our necks and did another battle somewhere after) I went to the bridge to go sell some stuff and all of a sudden some quest finished and I had no idea what the hell had just happened. But it was something to do with kitty. "MEOW!" and .... kitty was gone? What? I thought maybe TJT needed to talk to kitty to advance a quest, but kitty was no where to be found. Well... shit. Where did Kitty go?

So we decided to go kill some Salamanders. I was about to cast my usual "Plan" of oil and fire and boom - when I looked at my tool bar - and I saw.... what!? KITTY!!!!

So I cast kitty, and kitty popped out and I had two control mechanisms. One was pounce, where I could literally send kitty across the battle map, and another was teleport with owner. So holy shit... kitty is now my personal evac kitty in case I ever get into trouble.

Best game ever. Kitty also claws for 10 points in 3 attack bursts for 30 points. It's like the coolest thing ever, and I didn't even know it haha.

So... welcome the new addition to our squad. I will name him...

Cujo-Kitty-Movie-119588.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user