Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone confirm (with minimal spoilers) that you do in fact get to respec through normal gameplay progression? Is it just after X amount of Star Stones collected?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly GeDoSaTo works with this game, anyone have screens with it running?
Just downsampling turned on, no post AA necessary. AO and DoF aren't supported, and the game certainly doesn't need bloom. I didn't feel it needed the SweetFX treatment either. (Right-click and view image.)
DOS-Lanczos.png

Edit: Oh and it only works via the registry entry method. Telling it to force itself in the ini doesn't do anything for me.

Can anyone confirm (with minimal spoilers) that you do in fact get to respec through normal gameplay progression? Is it just after X amount of Star Stones collected?
Been mentioned earlier , yes you do but you lose all skills learned so be wary of that and yes after a certain amount of stones , forgot the exact number though. SO make sure you have either the cash to repurchase them or have doubles , but also there are only 1 use skill books with only one in the world , each one has one.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
When you kill Evelyn in her lair is she supposed to drop any loot? Every time I killed her I got no magical, rare, or legendary items...and the only unique I got was "Jahan's Boots" (no stats, 4 armor..the same boots he joins your party with). What's up with that?

Raign

Golden Squire
Been mentioned earlier , yes you do but you lose all skills learned so be wary of that and yes after a certain amount of stones , forgot the exact number though. SO make sure you have either the cash to repurchase them or have doubles , but also there are only 1 use skill books with only one in the world , each one has one.
This is only half true. I have gotten three of the same book (+int -perception) so far, so you can find more than just the one shot deal per attribute.

When you kill Evelyn in her lair is she supposed to drop any loot? Every time I killed her I got no magical, rare, or legendary items...and the only unique I got was "Jahan's Boots" (no stats, 4 armor..the same boots he joins your party with). What's up with that?
Definitely a bug, I got stuff off her and her minions. Don't recall her being one of the ones with a cool unique item, but definitely a pool of 'boss' level loot. Did she die to environmental damage? I have seen what I think is a bit of a bug around loot that appears to be related to when a boss dies to an effect from their own team (e.g., if she was standing in her hell hounds fire ground effect and that was what killed her). Not consistent though so not 100% sure on the conditions.

Caliane

No, hes talking about actual skills books. Like, Whirlwind, Rain, Lighting strike, etc.

However, I don't know. I heard this. however, looking at the thread on Reddit, I know for a fact I've seen most of the skills people are claiming on their to be unique, on sale at various vendors. Often 2 copies at the same time.
So the legitimacy of there actually being unique spells, I have doubts on.

There ARE stat books, like the +1int, -1 perception ones as you say.
And the Teller of Secrets +1 attribute, and +2 skill point books.
I have no idea how those are effected by respec.

The teller of secret one's are a bit broken. The rumor is she restocks per level, and that does seem to be true as far as I can tell. Meaning, get her asap, and buy the books every level. (player 1?, or each char level? dunno)
But she does restock, and we're talking an additional 10-12 attribute points, and 20-24 skill points...

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I decided to replace Madora with a henchmen from the hall of heroes. I guess they must be randomly generated. The level 1 recruits start with 5 ability points randomly assigned. But this doesn't follow the normal point progression of the two main characters. +5 in a single ability is treated the same as +1 in 5 abilities. So I just picked up a level 1 fighter with +5 man at arms skill, which is essentially like getting a bonus 10 ability points. Also he came with 10 base strength and leach as one of his starting traits. The first trait I picked for him was weather the storm, which gives him +50% resist all elements at level 3.

I think they will probably be fixing this in the future?

iannis

Musty Nester
The henchmen were kickstarter perks, I think. lolCAIN- HE LIKES TO MURDER. They missed a joke, they should done "He has a problem. It's not your average problem. But it's a very big problem. His problem is moider."

And holy jebus this game is ridiculously huge. I don't mind the alt thing, the heal after fights is a little annoying but you can heal on the run. The quibble that I have is that, I understand what they're doing, but I wish the main Journey of a Source Hunter quest breadcrumbed you just a -tad- more than it does. You can fuck yourself in minor ways doing stuff "out of order". But I mean they're going for old-school open ended, I realize, and they accomplish that. It's just some of the things that you can do out of order make the plotline... either comical or silly -- depending on how you look at it. Really just a minor complaint though. You could spend months from a writing end going through all the quests covering every custom permutation.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The henchmen were kickstarter perks, I think. lolCAIN- HE LIKES TO MURDER. They missed a joke, they should done "He has a problem. It's not your average problem. But it's a very big problem. His problem is moider."

And holy jebus this game is ridiculously huge. I don't mind the alt thing, the heal after fights is a little annoying but you can heal on the run. The quibble that I have is that, I understand what they're doing, but I wish the main Journey of a Source Hunter quest breadcrumbed you just a -tad- more than it does. You can fuck yourself in minor ways doing stuff "out of order". But I mean they're going for old-school open ended, I realize, and they accomplish that. It's just some of the things that you can do out of order make the plotline... either comical or silly -- depending on how you look at it. Really just a minor complaint though. You could spend months from a writing end going through all the quests covering every custom permutation.
Concerning the plot wrap-up in Cyseal -

I was very confused as to where the healer came in to rezzing the king. As I was finishing up all the unexplored spots on my map, I found his hideout next to the church. I'd already killed the king (and was curious where2 of the 3 bosses he summoned to help him were), but when I found Thelyron's letter to the conduit the two main characters were like "OMG the healer was involved!?!" I'm thinking it wouldn't have beenthathard to put a check on the script for whether or not Thelyron was already dead or not when you came across the letter.

Grimsark

yeah. I did the church before doing East as well. oops.
Or you could have done what I did:
Get all the way into LucForest and have already uncovered the Mines Plot, when realized that Twins fire battle wasn't the last boss battle in Cyseal... Back tracked, to then fight Bracus-Rex(sp?) Only to find that Thelyron, the guy I had been utilizing as one of a hand full of ATM's, was suddenly a zombie? WTF?
All the gear I found, was good but way under powered by that time... I wasdisappoint. :|

It is very easy to break the plot arch, but IMO the experience is still worth that risk. Open worlds are always preferable to me than railroaded stories and I'm glad to see so many gamers, these days, coming to the same opinion.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I try to hit L4 before leaving the first city because mobs always seem to have rape mode activated.

Raign

Golden Squire
No, hes talking about actual skills books. Like, Whirlwind, Rain, Lighting strike, etc.

However, I don't know. I heard this. however, looking at the thread on Reddit, I know for a fact I've seen most of the skills people are claiming on their to be unique, on sale at various vendors. Often 2 copies at the same time..
Oh... Yeah, I certainly have not found any skill books that were 'unique' as in they only appeared once per game. Some are definitely more rare than others (whirlwind is definitely rare, rain as well), but you can get whirlwind from both
Aureus in Cyseal and the Fire elemental in homestead
so you won't gimp yourself if you do respec, you just may need to do some shopping around to get some of the key ones back

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I must be bugged. I ran back to town and checked every merchant I could think of to try and buy back my Jahan's Boots unique. Couldn't find them. Ran back to Evelyn's lair and redid her fight...she dropped nothing but common crap and Jahan's Boots. Killed her 10 more times, same thing. Hopefully I'm not bugged on every named fight the rest of the game.
frown.png

axeman_sl

shitlord
You probably sold them to her back in town. When you sell something to an NPC (and you can sell to most NPCs), the stuff goes in their inventory and will drop if you kill them.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
You probably sold them to her back in town. When you sell something to an NPC (and you can sell to most NPCs), the stuff goes in their inventory and will drop if you kill them.
Ahh that would make sense. Thanks. She's dropping all the crap I sold to her instead of stuff from her boss loot table. I was wondering why she was dropping the exact same 10 common items plus the boots every kill. Oh well, I'll just keep going and not worry too much about missing out on some legendary stuff.