Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ahh that would make sense. Thanks. She's dropping all the crap I sold to her instead of stuff from her boss loot table. I was wondering why she was dropping the exact same 10 common items plus the boots every kill. Oh well, I'll just keep going and not worry too much about missing out on some legendary stuff.
At that level the legendary stuff isn't particularly legendary. Once you start getting to level 10 or so the quality difference becomes much more stratified.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
When you kill Evelyn in her lair is she supposed to drop any loot? Every time I killed her I got no magical, rare, or legendary items...and the only unique I got was "Jahan's Boots" (no stats, 4 armor..the same boots he joins your party with). What's up with that?
I had the same thing happen. She was dropping loot like the smelly scarf and some white items. However when I talk to the zombie after the fight and barter with him, it appears as though Evelyn's boss drops are ending up in his inventory... you can buy the stuff off of him, but the legendary items are like 7k gold. And killing him I guess, breaks the game.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had the same thing happen. She was dropping loot like the smelly scarf and some white items. However when I talk to the zombie after the fight and barter with him, it appears as though Evelyn's boss drops are ending up in his inventory... you can buy the stuff off of him, but the legendary items are like 7k gold. And killing him I guess, breaks the game.
Good call! I started checking the zombie's inventory after Evelyn died and was eventually able to buy a legendary amulet. Glad I wasn't the only one who had this happen to them.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
About ~7 hours in so far, only like level 4, just completed that Fire/Ice/Earth/Air challenge or whatever to get the chests. Whoooooo legendaries! haha, not all that impressive since I'm still low level but it's all good.

I'm waiting for my brother to get some time off because then we're going to start a new game but I'm just wondering how the co-op actually works. Are you both able to create a new game and you each get to create 1 character? Or is it 1 person creates both characters and then you can join their game and just take control of the 2nd person. Also, how does all the dialog work? I assume when the "main" character talks to someone the dialog pops up for both but only he can actually select the options? Thanks bros.

asocirev_sl

shitlord
The 2nd player can join during character creation and get to create one of the two main characters in the game. The person hosting the game controls who controls which characters and followers. You can actually let the 2nd player control all characters and followers while you afk if needed. If you are the host you can change it back at any time through the ESC menu. Host is responsible for all the saving. Dialogue will be split as you explore towns separately but will queue responses from both of you when there are character affected choices to be made. You can either agree or disagree, just like when you play solo. I installed the movement speed mod and the second player has to install the same mod or they can't join your game.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Good call! I started checking the zombie's inventory after Evelyn died and was eventually able to buy a legendary amulet. Glad I wasn't the only one who had this happen to them.
Happened to me too. I just didn't realize it until I saw Pancreas' post.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Is there a detailed map anywhere? I just killed Evelyn, and now I'm trying to decide to go north or east next for quest. I'm either level 6 or 7 at this point, I also can't find the ice bolt spell anywhere for Jahan.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Is there a detailed map anywhere? I just killed Evelyn, and now I'm trying to decide to go north or east next for quest. I'm either level 6 or 7 at this point, I also can't find the ice bolt spell anywhere for Jahan.
I would go East, withered garden and east Cyseal are both around your level. And for Ice spells keep checking with the Enchanter Merchant in the town market square. Every level the merchants update their inventories.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm at about the same spot you are. After Evelyn I went to the west beach and killed the level 7 named orc. Haven't done anything since then. Thinking I'd try Black Rock Cove or whatever that is behind the orc I just killed, or go towards the church.

Caliane

I'm at about the same spot you are. After Evelyn I went to the west beach and killed the level 7 named orc. Haven't done anything since then. Thinking I'd try Black Rock Cove or whatever that is behind the orc I just killed, or go towards the church.
Yeah, if you haven't done it yet, Black Cave is the intended stop after Evelyn. if you remember, you met some orcs going in, mentioning having problems with the cove.

Then head north out of town, visit the church, but don't go in yet. You're supposed to head east before going in, or going along the road to Lucella forest.
The map ends just north of Evelyn's cave, so if you didn't explore there, make sure you do.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mobs dropping the items you sell to them is actually a handy way to get gold, if you're in need. A lot of the characters you fight in the forest area talk to you before hand, and a good amount of them have gold on them you can barter with. Just trade your items for their gold and then murder them. Voila, you got all your items back plus the gold that the NPC had (but wouldn't have dropped on death).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Mobs dropping the items you sell to them is actually a handy way to get gold, if you're in need. A lot of the characters you fight in the forest area talk to you before hand, and a good amount of them have gold on them you can barter with. Just trade your items for their gold and then murder them. Voila, you got all your items back plus the gold that the NPC had (but wouldn't have dropped on death).
My wizard is shocked that you could suggest this as a possibility. My rogue pretends to be shocked while making a mental note to attempt this later.

Has there been another game with two "main" characters in this style? It's kind of fun to roleplay two characters with a single player. It's almost like playing with yourself (only you don't need twenty minutes of prep work to find theperfectvideo).

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There been any development on the mod side yet? Really liking the game, but not sure I want to continue until I can download an inventory mode to fix all the stupid missing qol features.

Also for the love of the this is actually the worst crafting system in history.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Every time I make a decision my rogue puts it to a stop and I have to win against her, I should kill the bitch for causing a scene in front of guest.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I went into the cove and fought the source beast, then i went upstairs and some ghost trapped me in a room - took a step and boom. I didnt notice any buttons so i was thinking it was a joke till BOOM!

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I went into the cove and fought the source beast, then i went upstairs and some ghost trapped me in a room - took a step and boom. I didnt notice any buttons so i was thinking it was a joke till BOOM!
If it makes you feel any better, I did the exact same thing haha

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im rather glad this game is somewhat difficult, otherwise id never stop playing, but ive got in the habit of taking a break with every death(or so). So i figured out where the switch was, but when i went down into some area with a bunch of rigged switches i got a bit baffled, so i double backed and went the normal route, i saw the oil trap so i backed up and BLASTED IT! Or so i thought, i ended up still caught on fire since it went really up. Im amazed how many hours ive put into this game considering im barely out of the first City, in fact im still basically in the first city doing its damned quest.

There been any development on the mod side yet? Really liking the game, but not sure I want to continue until I can download an inventory mode to fix all the stupid missing qol features.

Also for the love of the this is actually the worst crafting system in history.
Yeah the only good crafting really , are the enhancements and that is tied to it. But yeah , I remember them toting the crafting as being awesome...how using random shit to make items. Too bad all i did with it was use the enhancement portion of it , although if you could of made armors/weapons with the metals and it had teirs like in the ES games , would of been a nice layer to the game.

iannis

Musty Nester
My wizard is shocked that you could suggest this as a possibility. My rogue pretends to be shocked while making a mental note to attempt this later.

Has there been another game with two "main" characters in this style? It's kind of fun to roleplay two characters with a single player. It's almost like playing with yourself (only you don't need twenty minutes of prep work to find theperfectvideo).
I've read that originally they were going to have the main two characters as a married couple -- but considering the craze of SJW bullshit decided to pull off that idea. I mean it's not worth the "controversy" in any way. And you know these pandakin shitheads would love it. But a lot of those dialogues make more sense given that context.

And as you progress through the plot of the game you see that it makes even more sense.

Pandakins, Bioware -- you are why we can't have nice things.

For crafiting: You can create your own weapons with blacksmithing and iron/steel/large. They come out based on your smith + level, then you can augment them with the crafting skill. You can reforge them every level. It gives you a baseline I guess. Madora uses a crafted + auged sword for me as often as she uses a drop. Food is fairly shit. Trinkets are nice, you can load up on rings/amulets/belts at a very low level. Yeah, it could be better detailed and you can't make a lot of stuff that you would want to make. But the system is adequate, it's in, and its moddable. More would be nice but what they've done is a good start. A lot of that is just how larian balances their games. Less diversity in loot would make your crafting options more desirable... but it would be less diversity in loot.

But yeah, besides for spellbooks, low level trinkets, enchanting, and making a boss 2hander, crafting isn't quite super. But it's sorta fun to just randomly try to combine potions and arrows and crap, if not useful.

axeman_sl

shitlord
There was an old Diablo clone called Darkstone where you had two characters.