Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Has anyone experimented with running multiple mods? Looking at the web it seems possible, but can't seem to get it to register more than whatever .pak file is first in the list out of 3.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A video of the enhanced edition demo at Gamescom, on PS4. Looks like a bunch of really nice changes and they modified the encounters and shit so it'll be nice to revisit. And it's free if you own the first game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is there an ETA? I've been wanting to play through again but if the EE is soon'ish on the horizon I'll just hold off.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there an ETA? I've been wanting to play through again but if the EE is soon'ish on the horizon I'll just hold off.
End of the video he says "hopefully by the end of this year", so expect february or so. I'd hold off on replaying it and play something else instead, I know I have a huge backlog anyway so like whatever, but even if you played it now, by the time it's out you might be tempted again. New skills, new items to use, new fights, new quests, should be a good enough reason to play the game again. Oh and there's a new hard mode he said where the AI is based on the various videos and guides they've seen from players on how to cheese shit, so that should be nice.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of the few games I didnt get on sale due to a back log. Expect them to jack the price up from the current $40 for the enhanced or sell it as a dlc even though its free if you own it? Hoping It will just kinda replace it and snag it this winter sale.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I doubt they will jack up the price since it's free for current owners, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot. I have been looking forward to the EE release so I can start a new playthrough and actually finish it, somewhere in the second map I kind of lost interest. The fact that the developers designed some quests using moon logic so guides were almost a must if you wanted to do everything.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Friendly reminder bump, the enhanced edition of this releases today, around noon CST. If you already bought the original game, you get the enhanced edition free. Should appear in your steam library or GOG library after the release at noon.

I'm looking forward to trying this in the new tactical mode, which is supposed to be a big step up in difficulty with stronger AI, etc. My last playthrough I seriously powergamed with stuff like lone wolf and glass cannon, which made the combat really trivialized later on, so I'm hoping the balance changes keep the combat relevant into the lategame.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure how up to date the new wiki stuff will be for the release, but there's already a bunch of nerfs to common systems so shouldn't be as easy even on normal. From a quick(as in I spent the last 2hours comparing the old and new wikis and shit), Glass Cannon was nerfed to only give +4AP per turn rather than double what you had which I think makes it better early(possibly) but worse later on, Lone Wolf was surprisingly buffed to give 2AP per turn instead of 1 and a bit more health however they're now both incompatible(so you can't pick them both on a char). Backstab and Guerilla were nerfed, I assume to reduce the melee rogue output with stealth attack backstab spam. Leech was also made incompatible with Comeback Kid to prevent the quasi invulnerability nonsense(since you couldn't get killed in one hit and leech healed you from the blood lost making Comeback Kid able to proc again right away).

There were A LOT of skill changes also. A lot of shit was moved around, nerfed or removed in the most OP stuff(for example Absorb the Elements is now a Marksmanship mid tier skill self buff rather than the Witchcraft OP buff you could put on your warriors to make them semi immortal). Scoundrel seems to have gotten massive damage % buffs on every of their skills as well as base 100% chance to hit on most status, so putting points in Scoundrel and using skills for a melee rogue seems more viable than the previous "spam autoattack+stealth, 1pt scoundrel to unlock backstab".

On the 2H warrior side, several nerfs such as Rage now having the original armor reduction that was bugged in the original and a longer cooldown, the damage stance giving -20% chance to hit instead of -10% and losing 5%dmg(but doesn't cost additional AP to use stuff with it on) and apparently a nerf at some point in the game to prevent Rage and Oath to stack and also lost the massive Nullify Resistance shout that made it so you'd hit for 100% damage. Meanwhile however a lot of skills seem to lend themselves to 1H+shield tanking style with a reflect damage stance and a weirdly missing from the original Taunt shout.

Mages have too many changes to list, but a bunch of the skills changed schools to other categories(for example Become Air is now a Scoundrel skill, which makes mages squishier) and the most OP ones were nerfed or flat out removed(Magma Orb that would let you create magma and instantly kill most trash due to shit AI for example).

Not too sure what to make for my team now, but it sure looks more interesting than the old shit. New and old wiki:
http://divinityoriginalsin.wiki.fextralife.com/
Divinity: Original Sin -DivinityWiki - Wikia

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
did they ever do anything about weapon skill and tenebrium weapons?
From the looks of the wiki, there's no Tenebrium skill in EE anymore. Not sure if that's final or what but wouldn't be surprised if it is and you just get a passive to hold Tenebrium weapons rather than a stupid damage scaling ability.

Regardless, you can just ignore your weapon skills/put a value point in them and see later if you have to level tenebrium or if you can dump points in your weapon skill instead. It's terribly inefficient to put points in there past 1 for most of the game anyway since the scaling is awful. I'll just pretend there's no Tenebrium skill, if there's one I'll see to edit my saves or whatever to change it.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I should have the PS4 version tomorrow. Wasteland 2's console port was fairly shitty compared to playing the PC version with a gamepad, so it will be interesting to see if Larian did a better job, especially considering they jacked the price by 50%. Hopefully they also didn't introduce multiple game-breaking bugs into the EE like inXile did with WL2 DC (and there's still no patch). Larian is really good about patching fast if there's anything wrong with their game, but console certification will fuck that up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The early reviews seemed pretty good about the console stuff, like controls being good and the UI scale being readable from your couch and shit. Don't really know about the stability and shit though, I guess that's something that'll take a few days to see, especially on consoles as the saves get bigger and shit.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Just got my key from the kickstarter - takes about 30 seconds to register on their site to retrieve it - super easy.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Shit, both this and Wasteland 2 update are out now?! RIP my free time.