Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Looking forward to reviews of anyone who got this on Console
Got it at 11:01pm from Gamestop.

I can break it down as such:

I played and beat the game, although I rushed through the latter 75% of the game once I found out EE was coming with split-system co-op.

I'm playing it with my fiancee on my ps4:

Graphics - Looks like highest res settings combined with new effects on everything from spells to attacks. Looks and feels awesome, the animation on the new dual wielding is great.

Gameplay - They redid _ALL_ the talent trees and removed the OP stuff, shifted stuff around and renamed it, Nether Swap is basically Urgot's Ult from LoL and has become my favorite ability in game. Tactician mode is what I'm playing on and it adds not only more enemies but new abilities for all enemies as well.

Sound - same as before, good but nothing memorable.

Character creation was awesome and the controls are superb with a controller. R2 selects party member, L2 selects inventory/skills/equipment/etc. Feels very comfy and easy to navigate.

Biggest thing that makes this shit all over Wasteland 2 - The Font.

Dear God I don't know who picked the font for WL2 but they must have avian DNA and have sight like a hawk. In D:OS EE, the font is absolutely perfect. Huge and crisp and easy to see.

About to play the SHIT out of this for the next 2 days straight.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got it at 11:01pm from Gamestop.

I can break it down as such:

I played and beat the game, although I rushed through the latter 75% of the game once I found out EE was coming with split-system co-op.

I'm playing it with my fiancee on my ps4:

Graphics - Looks like highest res settings combined with new effects on everything from spells to attacks. Looks and feels awesome, the animation on the new dual wielding is great.

Gameplay - They redid _ALL_ the talent trees and removed the OP stuff, shifted stuff around and renamed it, Nether Swap is basically Urgot's Ult from LoL and has become my favorite ability in game. Tactician mode is what I'm playing on and it adds not only more enemies but new abilities for all enemies as well.

Sound - same as before, good but nothing memorable.

Character creation was awesome and the controls are superb with a controller. R2 selects party member, L2 selects inventory/skills/equipment/etc. Feels very comfy and easy to navigate.

Biggest thing that makes this shit all over Wasteland 2 - The Font.

Dear God I don't know who picked the font for WL2 but they must have avian DNA and have sight like a hawk. In D:OS EE, the font is absolutely perfect. Huge and crisp and easy to see.

About to play the SHIT out of this for the next 2 days straight.
Awesome, this is great to hear. I'd like to play it with my wife, but she'd be too slow.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I duoed D:OS with a buddy and we had a blast, and I just dabbled this morning on the EE excitedly to see the changes. Definitely gonna play the shit out of it again, but I felt more negative things popped out than positives. Maybe you guys can set me straight if I'm missing some tweaks.

1. Hit boxes are still shitty. Only got through the tutorial dungeon and already had a misclick where my archer walked right behind the target instead of shooting it because the mouse "felt" on target but was oh-so-slightly off, causing a movement command instead of attack. I remember this being a really really annoying occurrence in the original and cause for many frustrated reloaded games. This game really needs an "undo" command.

2. The camera seems worse than I remember. I saw in the EE video they showed off a 360 camera, and that isn't working for me. I expected a typical "hold right click to control camera" but that doesn't work. I even set the camera rotation to use Right Mouse, but then that disabled the context menu for right clicking, such as attacking/unlocking doors and chests. So now I use V just to rotate the camera which feels really wonky.

3. Minor UI issue, the tooltips when hovering over items works fine, but half a second later, when the item comparison window comes up, it relocates to the middle of the screen, whereas the single item tooltip window was on the right. So as I mouse through my inventory, the window is constantly shifting from right to center, right to center, right to center. This is really annoying and I have to assume it's on my end, because there's no way this should be normal. You guys getting this as well? (upon further playing, it appears to only happen in the barter window)

4. Still no labels for conversation results! Romantic/pragmatic, independent/obedient, etc etc. These give decent stats when you go down one direction, but the best you can do is say "well this conversation option / quest choice SOUNDS romantic" and then reload the game when it's not. This is doubly annoying since I've been replaying Pillars of Eternity where they have the option to show these exact conversation results.

Even with these negatives, definitely counting the hours til my buddy gets home so we can go through the game again. Bull rushing into a group of orcs and whirlwinding their grounded asses never gets old!

Citz

Silver Squire
Regarding #2, iirc, the default binding for rotating the camera is the middle-click button (hold & rotate).

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, that's the one I rebound to V. Maybe it's a personal preference but it feels like controlling the camera by holding right click is the natural/common way of doing it. I've put rotate camera to E and Q and that seems to be kinda ok, but I'd still like to use the mouse.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I think I'm going to go with the companion two-handed fighter, a lone wolf mage, and I'm on the fence about the third character. It's going to be some flavor of rogue, but I can't decide between archery or daggers with the new dual wielding. My guess is that daggers would be higher damage, but I'm concerned about survival in melee range, especially if they nerfed the stealth every combat round cheese from the original (which made rogues effectively invincible with proper play).

I also want to take things like the pet pals talent just to get the full experience of all content possible, but the power gamer in me finds it hard to trade something useful like bully just for the ability to chit chat with a squirrel.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My MC in my first playthrough was a dagger rogue and I didn't cheese anything and she did alright. Mostly I'd just wait for my bruisers to engage and then I'd engage with the rogue. She could output some crazy damage numbers.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They did nerf the stealth backstab spam as far as I can tell(can't fucking find sneaking gear, maybe it only spawns at a certain level, I didn't reload that many times and the vendor on the boat isn't there for some reason) but you do quite a lot more damage via dual wielding though, even out of stealth in normal backstabs and the skills do a ton of damage too now instead of being super garbage shit. Do need to level dual wielding, otherwise it's poop.

Note that a Lone Wolf mage isn't going to be nearly as strong as they used to be. While you'll be able to learn a fuckton of spells, more than before even I think, you won't have nearly enough AP to use a lot of stuff due to the Glass cannon nerf(and the fact you can't take it at all with Lone Wolf).

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't remember finding sneaking gear anywhere, but isn't there a gem you can add thats fairly common that puts +1 sneaking on everything?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't remember finding sneaking gear anywhere, but isn't there a gem you can add thats fairly common that puts +1 sneaking on everything?
You can buy +sneaking gear from the early vendors on both boots and helm. I actually found one, which showed me that sneaking is in fact terrible now. Used to be it would cost 5 to sneak in combat and every point would reduce it by 1, down to 1, so you could spam backstabs with Guerilla for high damage. However now on top of nerfing Guerilla down to half, they also removed the scaling of Sneak in combat cost. So it's always 5, even with 4sneaking(which I have now). Makes the whole thing completely pointless as you're never going to sneak at this cost other than like hiding if you're low health or whatever. Makes Guerilla complete garbage and makes melee rogues in general very meh, since you now need to spam attacks out of stealth so you're most likely getting attacked by stuff at the same time. The skills are a lot better but I don't think it offsets that.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they improve the archery skills? My first character started going ranger before I realized that archery really, really blew so he became more of a 2nd mage.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The enhanced edition is so much more enjoyable. I am already loving it. Would like to play coop with some competent people! So if you'd like to on Steam let me know.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Did they improve the archery skills? My first character started going ranger before I realized that archery really, really blew so he became more of a 2nd mage.
Would like to know this as well. I went rogue and bruiser cleric as my two starter people and that is basically exactly like my previous playthrough. May reroll the rogue into a ranger if bows aren't booty.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Rogues are way different than before so not sure how you're seeing it's the same. Sneaking backstab spam is gone while skills are a lot stronger(most have baseline 100% status and 100%weapon damage when it used to be like 30-60% weapon dmg and 50-70% status), and then dual wielding.

Bows are better, but they start kinda slow I find. They have a shit ton of aoes though and the scaling is probably better than spells in the long run, with the option as usual to use special arrows, which also got buffed kinda(you get 33% of the arrows back instead of 20% with the talent, so that's quite good). The skills follow the same patterns as rogue skills and now do generally 100% baseline damage and have AP costs reduced and stuff. Like the very first skill you get is really good, it bounces 4 times, does 100%weapon dmg on every target and costs the same as a normal attack(just it has a cooldown so you can only use it every now and then). The stances are also a lot better since they don't cost additional AP anymore, and especially precision stance now is basically great if you didn't like missing all the fucking time since it gives like 30% hit at the cost of -50% movespeed(which is mostly irrelevant since you're an archer). Meanwhile power stance gives damage at the cost of accuracy for when you pop buffs that increase your accuracy like the new eagle eye and bless from a mage.

That said if you start on Tactician, they definitely feel weak at the start, you can't start with precision stance and your base damage is poop shit. But once it's scaled up they have much safer to use aoes than mages(they don't seem to target allies), a lot of them and all the utility of special arrows to CC, activate elemental combos or charm.

Caliane

yeah, yesterday i just installed and longed in for a quick check, and 2 hours later called it a night..
Still not remotely far enough to really compare how things scale obviously though.

Archers could stealth spam/guerilla as well, so they too lost that.

And, thing is, my old rogue was a bit of a jack of trades in the first place. dagger/stealth primary... but had a bow, and arrows for the effects. Now they have grenades, too. your rogue won't even have to swap to a bow to use those special items.

First fight and tutorial on tactician. witch/archer got beat pretty hard during first fight. I was running around pretty low on health most of the dungeon. Shortly before the end boss there, I took a moment to try and figure out what to do. RAnger first aid, now heals 10%. So that was really slow. Cooldown with really small heal.. the witch was much easier to heal. Vampiric touch+ a summoned spider, since you can vamp touch allies.
food is much more effective at healing now too I understand. (you don't really get any in/before the tutorial)

Cyseal gate fight was pretty easy. archer totally wrecked, with a single fire arrow. one of the guys totally teleported right on top of me, which was cool. But I just had my witch use teleport on him, and drop him in the fire field.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So for planning a party ahead of time, I assume Wolgraff and Bairdotr are part of the main game now, and there's still just the four to choose from? Not that that really helps me narrow down the decision of how to build the main two characters much.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah grenades are pretty cool but more annoying to get if you don't craft them I think, it was easy to spam vendors for arrows but grenades feel less common. They also have less range, but they do fairly large aoes, and one of them is a heal grenade which is pretty cool.

Even with sneak being nerfed to shit I went with melee rogue, I'll count on my tank warrior and my undead warrior to keep shit taunted off the rogue so I can spam backstabs. The master scoundrel skills look very very good so looking forward to that.

Fucking Cyseal was a snooze fest though, they changed one quest to make it less dumb and obtuse(talking head quest) but rest is the same and it's still fucking slow as shit to progress through it and do all the sidequests and what not. Hope someone figures out how to unpak files again too so we can get the basic mods like ooc movespeed mod. They really should have boosted that baseline, it's fucking slow. I also wished they made animations faster especially ooc, have to wait for like 5seconds to cast a heal and resume playing.

And yeah all 4 NPCs, nothing new. The henchmen have changed I think, the OP one that had way too many skills for a warrior is gone for example and a lot are built like fucking retards. The classes you want to make for yourself would be a non air/water mage(Jahan fills that decently but the first good henchman mage is like lvl 6 and even he isn't the greatest), a melee rogue as almost all of them including wolgraff have sneaking and lockpicking and pickpocketting and random nonsense shit like that which you can't really afford for tactician imo plus you don't get the trait bonuses like 20%hit on backstab which is huge and the rest should be fine. There's a good lvl 4 tank warrior henchman(can get at lvl 3 so when you unlock the thing), the companion iirc was good for 2H warrior, Jahan is good for water/air as I mentionned, Bairdot and one of the lvl 4 henchmen are good for archers.

Caliane

Rats running around like retards, and making it a giant pita to talk too is still an issue.
They also added wands, which seem strong. not that mages needed buffs.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Convincing the wife to get this on ps4 so we can have a game to coop. Really glad they offer the couch coop.

And tips or tricks specific to coop mode? Anything that's gonna screw us up? Never played the game before.