Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I did a playthrough co-op and the biggest thing that was an annoyance was when we would be spread out and one of us would wander into combat. If the other person is nearish it pulls you both into turn based combat, and depending on the distance, it may take the entire combat for the other person to make it to the actual fight before it's over. Just be aware when exploring hostile areas that you stick together.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it does that even if you're solo if you split up your group, even though sometimes it also does the contrary where one char gets pulled in combat and the one right next to you doesn't, so it skips it turns basically. Also for a first playthrough you probably don't want to play tactician, even though it's a lore more fun so far. The difficulty relies a lot on basically knowing the game and game mechanics and doing a fair amount of min maxing(not to the max, but you kinda need to know what spells to take, how to approach most fights and so on).

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm leaning towards making my own mage and rogue, and hiring Madora and Bairdotr. Using my own mage because I want to try wands out, but I'll still use hydro/aero. If sneak is nerfed now, how do you suggest building a melee rogue?

Probably just going to play classic difficulty, since I never actually played very far into the game pre-EE and don't know that much about the systems. Always waiting for "one more patch" and then EE got announced, same as what happened with Wasteland 2.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can still Vanish, get behind the enemies while your tanks take aggro, then backstab the fuck out of fools

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah just means you no longer sneak < backstab < sneak < backstab, if you sneak it'll probably be to end the turn to drop out of sight again I'd guess.

Abilities doing more damage certainly makes that 4-5 AP cost on them much more lucrative vs. 2xBS

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You really can't afford to sneak at the end of a turn for 5, that's just too much. I'm playing melee rogue, it's still solid with the new stuff. Mostly you run behind stuff and hit them from behind, without hiding much. You have an invis you can open to get into position early on or to get out of a shitty spot. Once you start doing damage, it's alright, not nearly as strong as sneak backstab spam but that's fine since most things got nerfed anyway.

Basic build is pick dual wield to 2(absolute must), pick scoundrel at 1 and then 1 into whatever, can do 1H for damage but meh it's only 10% dmg(it's good later on though), I went with 1pt in crafting since I was gonna get it eventually. If you're planning on doing roleplay-ish rogue, 1pt in pickpocket would do fine, 1pt in leadership can also be nice. Avoid sneaking now, avoid lockpicking since it's pretty much useless(every chest has a key or can be broken).

Talents you pick backstabber obviously and then 1 of whatever. I picked Pet Pal, and you do need a char with Pet Pal for a bunch of side quests and cause it's fun, but you don't have to pick it there. Stench can be good if your rogue isn't the char you use to talk to merchants. Bully is great for damage bursts, but you need a warrior to proc some knockdowns for you(you can kd also but it's a lot harder than before to proc Bully so it's not a must anymore I'd say). Rest kinda sucks(other than 5pt scoundrel one which is solid damage since it works on stuns too).

8dex 7speed. Speed gives 1AP per turn on odd points and dex is raw damage and needed for skills and stuff, other stats aren't useful(besides maybe 1 or 2pt in con later in the game to increase max AP).

For your mage btw, you should probably start with 1 earth for the spider. In general, put 1pt in every magic school, there's a bunch of good early spells in each. No need to rush leveling specific schools, you still need the books for higher tier magic and you don't get an advantage on lower tiers other than being able to use more(and it caps novice at like 2).

Caliane

I feel like that answers and solves the sneak problem.
"Sneak costs 2 ap, and removes all additional ap." that is what it should be.

oh and yeah, crone. Petpal. its basically required for the game. And only the char WITH petpal can talk to the animals, so if you are co-op, you might both want it, while solo play, you just need to remember to have the char with it, do the talking.

Vorph

1H and DW don't stack at all according to official post this morning:DW scoundrel worth? ::Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition General Discussions

Need to restart because I don't like what I did with the mage, but it sounds like my guess for the rogue turned out fine. I took Magician trait on the mage without really understanding what it did, and even though I'll use wands it seems underwhelming. At least at the beginning anyway.

Which character would you recommend Leadership on? I feel like my rogue needs the bonus and the mage will be spread too thin to take it... safe to wait and put it on Madora instead? (Or the ranger, if Madora needs to have the bonus too.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh hadn't read the thread, good to know I won't waste points into it then. Magician is bad, I don't even use wand spells, you could just make scrolls instead as they're pretty much the same but they can be crafted while I'm not sure you can recharge wands and +1charge is nothing really.

I also wouldn't put 1pt in wand to take it to begin with. Wands are like stuff you use early game when you run out of spells but as you level up you get so many spells and int reduces their cooldowns so much you'll never have enough AP to cast everything. 10% dmg isn't really worth it, and if you really want to do wand damage you want to be dual wielding them instead(which I assume works the same as 1H). Edit: Apparently doesn't, so it'd be good for that, but you'd want DW and it wouldn't really be a mage and more like a wander, which is pretty solid since wands don't miss and have good range, but boring as fuck.

Leadership isn't a necessity. It's better on your main chars than on others though because you can also get a trait for +1 Leadership which with a leadership helm means you get 3 for only 1pt investment, and that gives you solid stats for everyone. I think another item besides the helm can roll leadership too but I forgot what. Probably on the rogue, there should be some room. While you want 5dual wield 5 scoundrel, other than that you don't really need much so you'll have a fair amount of points to put into stuff(you get like 48points at lvl 15 without lone wolf and not counting the books you can buy at one point, max level is 22ish so that's like 28more or so, and you can convert unused talent points into 10skill points eventually also, so yeah).

Main downside is your rogue doesn't get the benefits, so you'll probably want one of the companions with a helm+1pt so you get at least a basic aura. Or you can dump a decent amount of points into it on a companion so your rogue get full benefits, up to you. Other than mages, you usually have a good amount of points to spare on everyone else if you're not making hybrids.

Vorph

Strangely, they did also confirm Wand and DW do stack. The new Inquisitor class starts with both. I chose that for my mage, but changed around some stats and spell schools. If wands become useless later on I guess I'll respec out of it, but they seem pretty strong at the beginning.

And yeah, wands can't be recharged either. They said they tested it out but whatever they did was horribly OP so it was scrapped as a feature to maybe make it into D:OS 2.

Edit: What I did do on my restart was make both characters Inquisitors. That way my mage got two extra wands to use for their charges (3x fireball & 3x headvice). Picking up a couple daggers in the tutorial dungeon is simple enough, and the wands are decent damage in the meantime anyway.

Vorph

Very disappointing to see that they didn't do a damn thing with the trait system in the EE. It's still really annoying to get the traits you want on each character without a whole lot of save scumming. Even if you have a walkthrough to check the dialogues that aren't obvious, you still end up reloading the game when the RPS mini-game goes the wrong way.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Very disappointing to see that they didn't do a damn thing with the trait system in the EE. It's still really annoying to get the traits you want on each character without a whole lot of save scumming. Even if you have a walkthrough to check the dialogues that aren't obvious, you still end up reloading the game when the RPS mini-game goes the wrong way.
Yeah, when you agree with the other chars it should still give you the right skill instead of Obedient, that'd fix a bunch of stuff, but overall it's annoying, especially since you don't know the stuff before you pick it(and a lot aren't obvious at all because many traits are more or less the same thing) and the trait buffs are non trivial so it's hard to not try to min max them. Eventually though you have enough points in each stuff that you can pick whatever, other than a few traits which there's only a few of in the entire game. Like the backstab trait I already have 8points in it and 0 in the other on my rogue, so from now on I can just do whatever.

Caliane

yeah, the game is just not meant to be played like that. its about the base game systems, not min-maxing your builds. like people on reddit asking for a char builder. thats... playing this game wrong.
You are supposed to make choices as you go, and problem solve with creativity, using the games base systems. its like a puzzle game sortof, where someone telling you how to win, takes away all the fun.
Traits are intended to be bonuses on top of your character, not a core part of your build. none are game changing for a reason.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I feel like, at least in the beginning, min-maxing is pretty required on Tactician difficulty. I beat the vanilla D:OS (but admittedly haven't gotten out of Cyseal yet in EE), but Tactician seems more difficult than the highest difficulty in vanilla due to the increased creature density and the new skills/abilities the NPCs use in the encounters.

Speaking of Tactician difficulty, so far it seems like Larian actually got increased RPG difficulty right. Enemies aren't simply damage sponges that hit really hard (ie pretty much every other RPG's hardest mode); they actually have new abilities, increased numbers, and seem to use environment to their advantage. You can really tell that this game is their passion project, and they wanted to get it right. I think I'm gonna buy it again (even though I got it from free already having it on Steam) and just gift it to a buddy so I can support them.

Vorph

How are trait bonuses are not a core part of a build? Some of them certainly aren't trivial changes, some give you a choice between something everyone can use vs. something only one specific skill set can use. There's no way I wouldn't min-max that shit.

If I could I'd just edit the traits to be so much in favor of the bonuses that I want that it could never get back to the middle, and then play the dialogues the way I feel is right. Tying those things together is why I think the system is retarded. As a bonus, I'd have my characters agree all the time so that I'd never have to see that dumb RPS mini-game again either.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wouldn't be so bad if the traits were fairly useful to everyone and trying to be kinda balanced, but when you have the choice between 3%crit and 20%chance to hit when you backstab, that's terrible if you pick the wrong one(which is backstab, unless you're a rogue then you absolutely want backstab). Some of them are ok in that sense like +2rep or +1barter, they do the same thing but one is strong or weaker depending on how you level your char, but not a big deal. But losing immunity to fear/charmed/20% hit when you backstab, that's no joke.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Did they fix the pretty yet almost useless end-game spells? It's been awhile since I did my playthrough, but I remember them to be utterly underwhelming and unpredictable. The lightning one would shock your own guys half the time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not there yet, been going kinda slow due to Overwatch and Blade and Soul. They did change them to be 1 cast per fight only, so they might have boosted them as a result, but it's still all aoe rng shit with meteors and lightnings and hailstorm. I think it's fine though, mages have like 200spells for each situations, not giving them super powerful endgame damage options is a decent tradeoff. You'll still want all the CC and buffs and debuffs, especially now that they've broken most of the OP setups. Witchcraft still has the massive single target nuke, not sure if it was nerfed. Soulsap > Death Punch was like ridiculous damage though, for a mage.

They added a few endgame spells too, like air got a swap kinda like teleport, but you swap 2 units with each other, can be allies or enemies, sounds pretty nice since you can use to both get out of a shit spot and put your tank right in there at the same time. Earth got another summon, a giant slime, seems to be slow moving but extremely tanky. They also tweaked earth a bunch, giving it actual earth damage spells instead of just poison shit, but they removed Boulder Dash or whichever it was, the one remaining is the one that does oil instead of a knockdown.

Scoundrel seem to have the most new endgame spells, not sure how good they are though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone playing this on a MacBook Pro 2015? Intel 6000. If I own it on PC will I be able to download the Mac version? Thinking of playing it on the plane.