Django Unchained

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
There was nothing likable about Samuel L Jackson's character, why would he be any sort of victor in a hero story about Django lol?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In regards to Tarantino acting in his own films. I've seen a lot of his movies, and he never seems to take a pivotal role in any of them. I think he's just morbidly curious to see how his ideas of a role end up playing through himself. It's what makes him a good director in my opinion. None of his appearances has ever ended up being a disruption, more like a curiosity at best.

Oh, and who else besides me wanted Samuel L. Jackson to have the last laugh?
I actually thought his role in Django disrupted the entire scene and he should've found a better way to do a cameo than put on a retarded austrailian accent and shit over a scene.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Tarantino would have been better off playing the Sheriff that Schultz kills in the first town he visits with Django.

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
I actually thought his role in Django disrupted the entire scene and he should've found a better way to do a cameo than put on a retarded austrailian accent and shit over a scene.
Really? I thought he was doing his best to come across as impartial to the whole thing. Maybe that's what he challenges himself with, kind of interesting if you think about it.

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
There was nothing likable about Samuel L Jackson's character, why would he be any sort of victor in a hero story about Django lol?
To me, when German dude abandoned his cocky attitude, it felt like he broke character, like he was dead before he even went to shake Big man's hand.

The world felt displaced after then.

So after the whole film went apeshit, I think it just got out of control for every character in the movie including Sam Jackson. So I mean, it would have been fitting for him to just take a more cavalier approach, like turn it into some kind abstract film noir. I don't know quite what to think of how it should have been, officially, in the favor of plot-coherence.

So all I knew is that I would have enjoyed seeing Sam Jackson boarding a plane and flying it into that overdone Mississippi plantation manor and just blow everything to shit haha. I don't know, it seemed funny in my head.

Mother fucking Sam Jackson!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Finally saw it. I thought I would be more upset by the historical inaccuracies. I noticed them, but somehow I managed to maintain my willing suspension of disbelief.

Cigano_sl

shitlord
Great movie, Christoph Waltz is a monster and it's good that he's starting to get noticed for his talent. One of the only actors i can watch just because of his skill set. I also heard that Django's role was made for Will Smith however he declined the role so they picked up Jamie Foxx, bravo to him, he suprised me. I agree about QT doing the cameo, it was big time forced and abit distracting. However good movie overall 8/10 imo

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Will Smith is a good actor but I don't know how seriously I could take a 'fuck the man' character played by Will Smith.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'd like to see Will Smith take on a role like this. I think he could pull it off really well. He seems to stick to the more family-friendly roles (except for Bad Boys) though.

Rotanee_sl

shitlord
I love the over the top stuff Tarantino does. The ending fight scene worked, even though I doubt there were 50 white guys with guns less than a few seconds away. Graphic shot gun blasts right in the head. The opening scene with Christopher Waltz, great acting, fun to watch. Foxx did well too, even if his roll was inconsistently half indecisive bitch, half full blooded no hesitation bad-ass.

The buying the fighter story to get the wife thing bored me. The movie dragged at points with too many Foxx-DiCaprio stare down scenes, and too much over confident tough guy, snarky one-liner filled speeches. The great acting and the speech style would have worked better if it was built around more intertwined plot sequences, something to add depth, keeping it seemingly less repetitive.

Samuel L. Jackson's role, and I'm probably alone on this, was beneath him. He still played it really well.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
So was SLJ...
the owner of Candieland or 'merely' a collaborator / traitor to his people whom had the roles of race imprinted so deep he didn't know anything else and indeed enforced the status quo? I refer to the scene where he stamps and signs a note / makes a payment looking out the window of the mansion. A masterful performance by SLJ, his evil smile and sheer presence sends shivers down my spine. Herr Waltz and Mister Foxx were outstanding as well, no doubt. I can't imagine WS instead of Foxx in this movie at all - I can't stop seeing him as FPoBA.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yes, all the head house slaves in pre civil war america owned the mansions, their white owners were merely a cover story to protect their assets.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he might as well have owned the mansion. SLJ ran it like he was the owner. even after his master died people were still taking orders from him.