Django Unchained

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes, all the head house slaves in pre civil war america owned the mansions, their white owners were merely a cover story to protect their assets.
iirc what built the relationship between SLJ and Leonardo was that Leonardo's father was absent and Leonardo was raised by SLJ.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, that was definitely there. It's just a weird jump of logic to say Samuel L owned the plantation because he did Leo's busy work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
agree 100%. SLJ didn't own shit. He just had a comfortable life running things behind the scenes. I'm sure that once he became too old to run things DiCaprio's character would've thrown him out.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
@Tuco
The charade SLJ puts up around anyone but Leo is just peculiar - limbing, shouting, pretending to be deaf, language. In the library they're equals. One might even see SLJ as having the upper hand in the library, actually telling SLJ to meet him here. I must have missed the part with SLJ raising Leo. I recall the monologue of Leo saying that SLJ had served his father etc., but didn't connect the dots. Makes a bit more sense now, thanks
smile.png

@bixxby
I would not have asked this question if this movie was historically accurate. It's not. SLJ being the owner was just a plausible twist in this QT film. It was upside down in so many other ways compared to historical facts - give me a sound argument from the movie as to why ownership/leadership could not be the case too? Cheers
smile.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Leo almost totally ignored him in the library and only decided to side with him reluctantly, Leo was clearly in charge but also clearly valued SLJ's advice and treated him as close to an equal. .

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a Tarantino fan and I liked this movie very much. Now I just want to know what shameful chapter in human history QT will make really entertaining and fun for me.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed the movie immensely, my only criticism was it felt a bit long.

I don't get all the Will Smith love for the part of Django. I thought Jamie Foxx did a fantastic job.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you watch the interviews with Quentin, he explains that Candie does not give a fuck about the running of the plantation and leaves all of that shit in the hands of his house American Inventor. That's why Candie is into mandingo fights.

Surly_sl

shitlord
I enjoyed the movie immensely, my only criticism was it felt a bit long.

I don't get all the Will Smith love for the part of Django. I thought Jamie Foxx did a fantastic job.
Being a Tarantino fan I was overjoyed by the length, especially since the story developed and rapped up in a non-rushed and satisfying manner.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Controversy is a white guy writing too many 'American Inventors' into his script. Also white guilt

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the movie. I do wish that there had been more scenes involving the winter, when it was just the two of them as bounty hunters. I think there was a lot of untapped story potential left out during that period. That is a small complaint though, and I had no problem with the length of the movie. As long as the story is worthwhile and the characters are enjoyable, the movie could have been 10 hours for all I cared.

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
Tbh, It felt that after Dr King Schultz died, a chunk of the movie did aswell.
It felt rushed in the end.

Easily one of the best movies 2012

Phil_sl

shitlord
One of the best movies I've seen in the last 10 years! Loved it! The twist at the end when he came back and blew the fuck out of everyone caught me by surprise. In hindsight I should have expected it, but yeah, fucking owned!