Django Unchained

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Not sure what you're talking about he had a good plan for every scene in that movie until his end.
If walking completely unprotected into about 50 gun barrels and planning that you will be able to tell your complicated story in dramatic fashion before someone decides to shoot you is a good plan then yeah.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Not sure what you're talking about he had a plan for every scene in that movie until his end.
FTFY, they weren't all of them good.

Planning is not to the exclusion of compulsion. Handing Django a rifle and hoping he's able to gun down Big Daddy despite never having seen him use it? Compulsion. He was very sure of himself and he seemed to take a lot of risks in his endeavors all the time.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am glad you guys brought up the hand shake scene, we have been doing a debate here amongst my friends of why that scene happened. Knowing that Schultz was a calculated guy and stated he did not want to die in Candie Land. I don't think it was about the money either, however knowing his character I am under the assumption it was done "out of character" when he shot him. Plus Django who was on edge and wanted to kill everyone prior, was very slow in reacting after Schultz killed Candie. I was hoping Schultz would live and Django killed Butch before he shot Schultz, however its Tarantino and good things must die.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
BrutulTM_sl said:
If walking completely unprotected into about 50 gun barrels and planning that you will be able to tell your complicated story in dramatic fashion before someone decides to shoot you is a good plan then yeah.
You remember in the scene when Waltz is like "Sometimes the hardest part is getting the body to the marshal". That line was what made that scene make sense, because he wanted the marshal to come.
FTFY, they weren't all of them good.

Planning is not to the exclusion of compulsion. Handing Django a rifle and hoping he's able to gun down Big Daddy despite never having seen him use it? Compulsion. He was very sure of himself and he seemed to take a lot of risks in his endeavors all the time.
Giving your protege a chance to succeed or fail as a test is a lot different than suiciding and damning your friends.

Besides, he sensed the midichlorians in Django.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You remember in the scene when Waltz is like "Sometimes the hardest part is getting the body to the marshal". That line was what made that scene make sense, because he wanted the marshal to come.
Yes, it was a clever and funny plan, but also totally insane, much like handing the shotgun to the slave in the opening scene. The guy was totally reckless throughout the movie.

Brad2770

I was hoping Schultz would live and Django killed Butch before he shot Schultz, however its Tarantino and good things must die.
Had he lived, the movie would have been called "Dr. Schultz Unnovacained".

Seen it 4 times now. I cannot get enough of this movie.

rrr_img_10164.jpg

Ryoz

<Donor>
Finally saw this last night and loved it. Always pisses me off when QT tries to act in his movies though... fuck he's bad at it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
He had some great lines in reservoir dogs, dusk til dawn and that movie where he explains how top gun was a metapjor for gay sex

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
He had the most ridiculous Australian accent I have ever heard.

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but my biggest beef with Schultz dying was he stood their after he shot DiCaprio and just let the bodyguard guy kill him. When he killed the sheriff with that same gun, he shot him once in the chest then once in the head. He should have still had a bullet left after shooting DiCaprio unless I missed something.

Diazepane_sl

shitlord
In regards to Tarantino acting in his own films. I've seen a lot of his movies, and he never seems to take a pivotal role in any of them. I think he's just morbidly curious to see how his ideas of a role end up playing through himself. It's what makes him a good director in my opinion. None of his appearances has ever ended up being a disruption, more like a curiosity at best.

Oh, and who else besides me wanted Samuel L. Jackson to have the last laugh?