Do you sneak into movies?

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I was told by a friend that is a security guard at a movie theater that people rarely sneak into movies anymore. I found this hard to believe because as a teenager, we did everything we could to not pay for a movie ticket. I don't go out of my way to sneak in the back door or side door of a theater any more, i'd rather just buy the ticket. But if the timing is right when I get out of the first movie, i might sneak into another movie.

I tried once at AMC when I was younger and we got caught. Figured they just watched the cameras like hawks and never tried again. Sometimes I'll watch multiple movies on one ticket though (I see everything, huge movie buff). A nephew of mine just got a job at an AMC and he said they really look for that shit though.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I used to sneak into movies when I was in 1st and 2nd grade. My friends and I would scrounge up enough money for a single ticket by finding lose change, turning in cans, getting this one soda machine to payout change for free ect. Then we would send one kid to buy the ticket for this one theater that had fire exits that lead to the back of the building but had no alarm set on the doors. We'd all wait there and then pile into the movie once the lights went down. We'd scoot out just as the credits started to roll. Sometimes we would get in through that door and then head down the hall to whatever movie we wanted to see.

We did this a bunch of times and I can't recall ever getting caught, just stopped doing it after a while. Maybe the teens working the booth and watching the the theaters didn't give a shit. Anyways, thinking back, it's actually pretty weird to think about a bunch of little kids working together like that with no adult supervision. Where the hell were our parents?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i sneak into movies still. its easy as fuck and it doesnt matter what theater i go to. the key is not going to the evening showings, start out early at around 1pm and that way you can finish your sneakings by 7pm when the security starts giving a fuck about their job. maybe its a kid thing, but now that movie tickets for even the early showings are at around 10 bucks, i say fuck that shit. im seeing more than one flick.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I did this as a teenager all the time. We used to sneak into a cheap theater regularly but they didn't give a fuck. We did a couple times at AMC too because we figured out all the service/maintenance access hallways of how to get into the movie theater through the mall. I see movies so rarely now that I'll always pay. I only see movies that I'm really looking forward to. I think Django Unchained will be the first movie I've seen in theaters since Avatar. I might be missing one, but I know it's been at least two years since I've been to the theater.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I've never sneaked in , nor have I ever seen evidence of anyone else doing it. I had no idea this was such a thing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've never snuck into a theatre but probably would've as a kid if going to the movies was more popular with me and my friends.

spronk

FPS noob
i used to watch 2 movies on one ticket when i was younger, but now I am old as fuck and just want to go home, my legs are all tired and shit
frown.png

one things that different now, I hate buying movie popcorn/soda and bring in my own bottle of water (24 pack for $5 FUCK YEAH) and sometimes a small bag of candy

frown.png

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
i used to watch 2 movies on one ticket when i was younger, but now I am old as fuck and just want to go home, my legs are all tired and shit
frown.png

one things that different now, I hate buying movie popcorn/soda and bring in my own bottle of water (24 pack for $5 FUCK YEAH) and sometimes a small bag of candy
You know, I've never even watched two movies on one ticket. Watching two movies in a row would just be too much for me. I'd need to run laps of the theatre between films.

frown.png

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wish I did this when my friend had me go to Total Recall at Downtown Disney. Ticket was fucking 17 dollars. Movie was acceptable, and spending time with my friend was worth it, but jesus that's overpriced. On the way in, I joked that a large popcorn was 9 dollars... but I was right, and it was, but free refill, whoop-de-doo.

As a kid, I never lived within walking distance of a theater, so there really was no way to get away from my parents and even try to sneak in a theater, and now that I'm old, I just don't like movie theaters that much anymore. Hell, I don't like people all that much anymore, and movie theaters are packed with them. Watching them at home, either torrented or redbox or netflix, atleast I can pause when I want to, get up, stretch, hit the bathroom, and come back without missing a thing.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I used to sneak in to the Nokia Ultra cinemas when I lived in Bangkok. The cinema costs $35-40 per ticket but the seats are incredibly comfy. I used to walk through the back entrance and pretend not to speak English if I was ever stopped. Saw about 15 or 16 movies there. I miss the place.

http://i.cdn.travel.cnn.com/sites/de...1/08/nokia.jpg

I don't bother sneaking in to cinemas now that I'm back in England. I'm more than happy to pay ?5/$7.50 to see a film.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my biggest issue with movie food is that there is FUCK ALL I actually want

Nachos and Salsa? ugh, I don't like the taste and they sell them in tiny plastic boats you simply can't avoid making a salsa mess at some point
Popcorn? I can't stomach that stuff, it has literally no taste. It's like chewing card board. I pass on free ones
ice cream - that's fine, but only lasts for a few minutes.

The other thing is horribly overpriced tiny portions of prepacked bulkware, such as 100g of potato chips for ?3 - when that kind of money buys me two 250g bags at the supermarket (the huge popcorn buckets are actually reasonably priced) - you can't share that bag, because it will barely last for one person through the previews.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I almost never buy food at the theatre. If I want food I'll sneak it in.

Wintermute_sl

shitlord
I think I saw two movies on one ticket once when I was younger. Actually I'm pretty sure it was my moms idea. I never have since because I don't think I could sit through two movies in a row. I definitely sneak in my own food. Oh, and flavored vodka to mix with the blue raspberry slushies.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
frown.png

I hate buying popcorn and soda too... but I usually just look in the trash cans by the theater doors for empty large bags and cups. Then take them up to the counter for free refills.

frown.png