Do you sneak into movies?

T-rex_sl

shitlord
One time I went to an R rated movie with my brother. He was 18 and I was 22, but he had forgotten his ID. If I had been 23 I would have been allowed to vouch him in, but they wouldn't let him in. I returned both of our tickets and then we snuck in. That was more of a moral thing, though.

I got caught once sneaking into a movie that was sold out when I was 16 or so, so we went to see the movie we bought tickets for.

These days, even if I want to see two movies in a row I walk out and buy another ticket.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've never actually snuck into a theater without paying at all, but I've movie-hopped dozens of times, maybe even a hundred in my life (I'm old). I actually convinced a coworker and his brother to do it with me last year for Haywire and Underworld 3. We all agreed it was a good thing we didn't pay for Haywire.

I don't do it as much now simply because I go to the movies a lot less, but I've still done it within the past 6 months or so I think. It is harder and harder to time it with movies you want to see though too, as it seems every fucking movie is spaced out 3 hours apart now, even if the movie is only 90 minutes, so no matter what you end up wandering around the theater/arcade/bathrooms for an hour or so unless you get lucky with showings AND pre-plan your hop. And of course if it is one of those theaters that takes the ticket right at the door to your actual movie, not at the front door like most of them, then you're kind of screwed, but you should know that ahead of time.

I've never even come close to being caught that I'm aware of, and it is easy as fuck. You just blend in, don't draw attention to yourself, and act like you belong there. My coworker and his brother looked like fucking criminals they were so nervous, and I was surprised they didn't get us busted.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
did it all the time as a kid, sometimes nowadays i'll go for a two for one and stick around and see a second movie after my first movie.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My friends and I would sneak copious amounts of booze into the theatre in our teen years.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
if there isn't someone stationed at each auditorium, the easiest way to sneak into a movie is to simply ask the ticket taker if you can use the restroom.

i was banned from a theatre in my hometown for trying to sneak intoblack hawk downusing anorange countyticket. they actually called the cops on me.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I movie hopped tons. Never actually snuck into the theater without buying a movie ticket. although it looks easy to do as nobody watches shit at the exits. my friends and I also had a game of sneakng stuff in the theater. We once snuck in a case of beer in a backpack for the midnight showing of phantom menace, it was the highlight of the night. Another time a
friend and I snuck in 2 full chinese takeout entrees and a 12 of beer to see the fugitive

Salshun_sl

shitlord
An old theater in Vegas that closed down LONG ago had a weird setup, the ticket taker was at the start of a long hall, then the rooms spidered out. Like 5-6 theaters in a room 50 yards away from any officials. It was stupid easy to do it in there, did it a few times. The problem is timing, which made theater hopping pretty fucking stupid. Not going to end a movie then sit in another one waiting for an hour.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Aside from the copious amounts of alcohol that most of us have probably snuck in, back in high school we all worked at Taco Bell, so the amount of free Taco Bell smuggled into the movie theater has to be astronomical. Crazy bread from Little Caesar's was another big favorite. Got an entire large pizza in once, but it was winter (heavy jackets) and the guy was pretty big anyway so you would have had a hard time telling what wasn't him. Still taped the box up though to make sure it didn't slide out and end up all over the floor.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I haven't every really snuck in, but I do smuggle in large amounts of beer/alcohol every time I go now, which is like maybe once every two years. I hate movie theaters. Between teens on their phones and parents whose night out isn't going to get spoiled just because they couldn't find a baby sitter for their 6 month old, there is never not a fuck head in the theater ruining it for everyone.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Damn. I must be dumb. I've never thought to bring a couple of beers into a movie. I'm going to do this next week when I watch the Hobbit. I'll report back on the awesomeness.

Goatface

the summer the matrix was out, lived in the south and my apt had bad ac, so every sat i would go to the noon showing of what ever was new, then something random, and would always end up watching the matrix last. It was a really nice place, but just didn't care during the day, but around 7pm they would start checking on tickets and stuff.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
The theater looked closed when I bought tickets to the Dark Knight Rises matinee. All ticket windows had been shut and only snack counter registers were open. There was only two employees running this entire megaplex and both were using the snack area to sell seats. No tickets were checked and there was no security.

It's a wonder they don't have homeless people moving in.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Its not hard to sneak into movies. Ive never done it, and I threw out a kid I caught doing it myself once. I'm not a movie theater employee, just grabbed him and pulled him out with me as I left.

Last movie I went too I was holding a ticket for someone and told them to call me when they got there. Instead he met me inside and was like yo where's my ticket. Nobody bothered to even ask him on the way in at any point (lol).

Xasten_sl

shitlord
Never snuck into a movie or even gotten a ticket for something else and moved to whatever was originally sold out, but I smuggle in candy all the time. My old boss had cancer back in the 80's and he had this giant duffel bag full of meds and assorted junk that he'd use to smuggle in KFC and booze. When the theater crew saw the bag he'd just show them all the meds and the IV line in his chest say "cancer."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know why but this is making me laugh out loud for real
it made me laugh too. because chinese food fucking stinks and when we bought the tickets we had everything hidden in a couple of Macy's bags (macy's was in the same mall) it was fucking obvious from the smell that we had chinese food in there. the ticket kid was just like whatever enjoy your movie. i had chicken chow fun and my friend had some kind of spare tib tips shit and we had a fucking feast during that film, add in a 6 pack each and The Fugitive being a fucking fantastic film. it was easily the best movie experience i ever had. the guy in front of us was smelling our food/beer and he was getting so pissed off that we were doing it, but i think he had snuck in that movie so he didnt say shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The AMC I used to go to somewhat regularly in northern Kentucky had no policy on food. You were allowed to bring in whatever you wanted. I think you still can.

dirtydorf_sl

shitlord
I worked at a movie theatre back in the 90's while in high school. It was a smaller 7 screen, and where we took tickets you could see all the entrances. We also had our own silent alarm / light that would alert us when any of the emergency exits were opened. Our owner was cheap and made us be very strict to watch for people movie hopping, sneaking in, or bringing in their own food/drink. Any food or drink we saw we'd collect and tell people to pick it up after their show. Backpacks? Leave them with us and pick them up at the end.

The weirdest food related thing I ever saw was a pizza box on the floor that someone had left. It was the "bigfoot" pizza from Little Caesers, which for those who don't remember it is about the size of Pizza Huts current "big dinner box". I have no idea how that got snuck in.

I once had two gentleman walk in with satchels, and when I asked them to leave them at the counter they told me "No, they're our guns." And then they pulled out FBI credentials. I have no idea why they were going to a movie at 11 on a Friday, I never asked.