Do you sneak into movies?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've left a shitfuck terrible movie and walked across the hall to see something else a few times. For some reason I thought Leatherheads looked alright so I went to see that. Halfway in I just left and saw something else that I can't remember. I also left something I can't remember to see 88 Minutes. That film was also quite bad. And I always take food/drinks/candy in with me. I've never had anyone stop me outside of a single time the downs syndrome ticket taker (really) called me out over a McDonald's coffee cup that had water in it. He let me slide because it was only water.

Salacious_sl

shitlord
The AMC I used to go to somewhat regularly in northern Kentucky had no policy on food. You were allowed to bring in whatever you wanted. I think you still can.
Newport on the Levee? Seemed nicer than most other theaters around NKy. Rave Cinemas in Florence is nice, other than that you have to go to Springdale Oh for a superior theater.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Only did this once, and it was accidental. Girlfriend and I were meeting another mutual friend for Avengers; he calls us while we're in the lobby. We're about to pay for tickets but he tells me he got us seats, which we interpret as he bought us tickets. I was surprised (Since he usually never does this) and told my friend, and the guy at the ticket counter waves us through since he heard my half of the conversation.

We buy our refreshments, and start heading towards the theatre, when we receive a text from our friend and realize on the way that he simply saved us seats, not bought our tickets.

Did not feel bad at all; Avengers was a kick ass movie but movies are so expensive. I always think, especially with new movies people would be more observant but I really guess not. I was always sort of tempted to see if it would work again, but I'm sort of too old to want to attempt it; if I got caught that would be terribly embarrassing.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I guess the sad thing about this thread is that I realize that I don't go to the movies much anymore. When I was a teenager, we'd go see a movie every other week at the very least. I'd see movies even if I wasn't really interested in seeing the movie. Now I'll only go to the theatre if it's a movie that I reeeeaaally want to see. A new Tarantino flick or something based on a book I read is pretty much the only way I'll consider seeing it in the theatre, and even then I'll usually wait until it's well past opening night.

So when I do go, I don't mind paying for the superaspensive VIP theatre tickets. This is usually a "date night" with the mrs.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Newport on the Levee? Seemed nicer than most other theaters around NKy. Rave Cinemas in Florence is nice, other than that you have to go to Springdale Oh for a superior theater.
Yeah, Newport on the Levee. We'd go to Dewey's and bring in an entire pizza. No questions asked.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just did it once, because I went to "In the Cut" with Meg Ryan and that was such a god damn horrible movie I didn't feel that I had gotten my money's worth so I walked across the hall to watch another movie. Unfortunately that one was Scary Movie part 4 or 5 or something which was almost as bad as In the Cut. Pretty sad when you see two movies on one ticket and still leave the theater feeling like you got ripped off.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Damn. I must be dumb. I've never thought to bring a couple of beers into a movie. I'm going to do this next week when I watch the Hobbit. I'll report back on the awesomeness.
Warning, if you bring bottles, and set them on the floor when they're empty and then get up to take a piss, DO NOT knock them over so they clang against each other and roll under the seats hitting all the metal seat legs all the way down to the screen. It will be loud as FUCK.... from what i've read.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I used to sneak in to the Nokia Ultra cinemas when I lived in Bangkok. The cinema costs $35-40 per ticket but the seats are incredibly comfy. I used to walk through the back entrance and pretend not to speak English if I was ever stopped. Saw about 15 or 16 movies there. I miss the place.

http://i.cdn.travel.cnn.com/sites/de...1/08/nokia.jpg

I don't bother sneaking in to cinemas now that I'm back in England. I'm more than happy to pay ?5/$7.50 to see a film.
I think you were doing it wrong? I recall the theatre at a big shopping area near Chulalongkorn University (maybe MBK Center?) was super nice, wait service at your big lay-z-boy type chairs and cost maybe $11 USD for the best tickets. You could get the "regular" seats for about $2. English films, no subtitles, high quality. I saw one of the LOTR films there...

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've movie hopped many times, but my favorite memory was way (way) back in the day when Return of the Jedi was just released. The old Cinema 4 where we lived never cleared out the movie theaters after the movie was over, so you could buy a ticket and just stay in the theater basically until it closed, moving about freely. Three Saturdays in a row me and three friends got dropped off there in the morning, bought a ...Jedi ticket for two dollars (shit was cheap 30 years ago) and watched it over and over until dinner time and one of our mothers would pick us up. I know I easily saw that movie twenty times during that original run.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
One of the coolest times was when I was about 22 and my buddy managed a theater. Movies would premiere on a Friday but on Thursday night at midnight all the employees would invite friends and family and we'd dry run the flick. Beer, food, bring your own cup for the soda fountain, the works. On Friday at work everyone around me talking about the movie that I had seen last night, was pretty awesome. A few times the movie brain wrapped and my buddy turned into the fucking Flash and had that shit fixed in 5 minutes, watched him do it a few times was like watching a surgeon on meth.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few times the movie brain wrapped and my buddy turned into the fucking Flash and had that shit fixed in 5 minutes, watched him do it a few times was like watching a surgeon on meth.
lol, I had to read that like 3 times to understand what you were saying... but still lol, at the mental image.

Never snuck into a movie. Walked out of a few, but never snuck into one.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Much like Ryan said, no, because I'm not 12.

Even if I wanted to the theater in go to has ushers at every single greatest theater door asking for tickets. If they catch you trying to get into a movie you haven't paid for they call the cops and prosecute you to the fullest extent.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I used to do this as a kid, not anymore though. As a kid, whenever it was really hot, we'd go up and see a movie. Now we'd buy our first ticket, but then we'd just stay in the theater all day and watch all the movies. I've done that once or twice when I was older--just slip into another movie after seeing mine. But those were lazy college days when I was taking a break from studying. I haven't done it since I graduated.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have only just walked in maybe once or twice, small town theater at the time, no security

I have seen multiple movies on one ticket a shitload though, used to plan that stuff well in advance to in order too see what synced up the best. I rarely see anything in theaters anymore though

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you dont need to even sync up movies beforehand. just walk into the theater, see which side has the movies you want to see and then go buy your ticket and go. if your first movie gets done before the other one starts. just pop into a random movie and watch that until its time to go to your next movie. if you are worried about being obvious about going from movie to movie. just head over to the mens room and wash your hands, then go to your next movie. as i said earlier, make sure you only do all this early in the day because after 7pm they start actually watching.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
snuck into some theatres when i was a teenager. would be pretty awkward/cheap asking a date to sneak into a movie with me nowadays.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If I want to see a movie bad enough, I pay for it.

Otherwise, Torrent.

If I don't want to see a movie bad enough to buy a ticket for it, I don't want to even see it bad enough to leave the house

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If I want to see a movie bad enough, I pay for it.

Otherwise, Torrent.

If I don't want to see a movie bad enough to buy a ticket for it, I don't want to even see it bad enough to leave the house
As noted earlier in this thread I'm not above sneaking into a second movie after I've paid for the first one, and I'll freely admit that I torrent tons of movies...but I only torrent them when the dvd (now bluray) rip comes out. Not out of any altruistic motive, I just don't watch cams because I don't like the lesser quality, and I figure that if I want to watch it so badly that I can't wait for the bluray, I should just pay for it and go to the theater.

And of course if the movie is good enough I buy the bluray anyway even if I saw it in theaters (Avengers, Cabin in the Woods, and Dredd pre-order just off the top of my head).

SlyyDaugg_sl

shitlord
The last time I sneaked into a movie without at least paying for one first I was twelve years old, and the movie was Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. My friend and I went to the rear exit to check a theater door (the kind without handles on the outside), just kind of joking around that if it was open we'd sneak in.

Well, it WAS open a crack! We pulled it open with our fingers (scared to death, lol), snuck in and crawled on our hands and knees, under seats and everything, over gum and popcorn, etc.

We emerged in like the 5th row or something, and holy shit was it ever worth it. I tell ya what, that movie fucking ROCKED in the theater at the time, haha.