Poll Do you think Trump will actually win the presidency in November?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Do you think Trump will actually win the presidency in November?

• Yes

Votes: 108 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 204 65.4%

• Total voters

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think he might just win it, because of the left wing demonization described above. Dutch politics pretty much wrote the book on demonization of anything even remotely right-wing. We had half of the House of Representatives regularly walk out whenever a certain right wing politician had the floor in the 90s, a vegan environmentalist assassinated a right-wing politician a week before an election, permanent threats and legal bullying of Geert WIlders etc.

It's starting to backfire though, we had a referendum earlier this year that went very much against the left wing's desired outcome (and not for lack of trying by the state-funded media which runs most of the most-viewed TV talk shows here)
It's been argued that the power of the left wing for the last 50 years was a temporary upswing in reaction to WW2, and that it's now swinging back to the other side. The crying will be epic if Trump wins.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm starting to feel like if he doesn't then Hillary needs to take two child sex trafficking conspiracy charges to the back of the head.

I really wonder though, and I'm being serious about this. If he does win, does the EU mostly implode? I think they're hanging a lot on America. They've got some pretty serious problems even if you ignore the goat fucker invasion, and the only thing I can think is that the unpredictability of a more isolationist America terrifies them. The propaganda against trump has been even worse in Europe.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really wonder though, and I'm being serious about this. If he does win, does the EU mostly implode? I think they're hanging a lot on America. They've got some pretty serious problems even if you ignore the goat fucker invasion, and the only thing I can think is that the unpredictability of a more isolationist America terrifies them. The propaganda against trump has been even worse in Europe.

I doubt the US will become isolationist to the point of letting their relationship with Europe go sour, it's not in either one's interest. Europe (with two nuclear weapon states) cozying up to Russia is about the only credible threat to the US' supremacy status and will therefore be avoided at all cost, no matter who sits in the White House.

Trump has a valid point in that the EU is slacking on it's defense contribution to NATO (NATO norm is 2% of GDP spent on defense, most countries in the EU are well below that and have been for years). Perhaps he will force them to increase their military spending, I'm fine with this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user