Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any early reviews out?? Makes me nervous, Maverick is already open on reviews and they are extremely positive, nothing on this yes for the most part

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Proper reviews for Maverick are still closed as well. Bunch of paid hype-tweets, but embargo for genuine reviews/opinions is still on.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It was always going to be a challenge to remain coherent, especially to movie reviewers who might not be all in on the D+ shows, when they start crossing over heavily from the tv shows to movies. It's one thing to bring in old Spidermans and villians that are reasonably familiar for movie goers. I'm guessing there's a significant portion of MCU fans (and movie reviewers) that didn't actually watch What If or Wandavision. If they jump into Wanda being sad over her kids or the darkhold or some of the What If alternate stuff without proper explanation I'm sure it will leave people confused. Spiderman also had the benefit of using the original actors which turned out great. As much as many of us would like a Krasinsky Reed, he's not Mr Fantastic to most people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I'm guessing there's a significant portion of MCU fans (and movie reviewers) that didn't actually watch What If or Wandavision.
^ This all the way. Infinity War was the first time I started to realize... you know... coming in cold to this film would be confusing. The more time goes on, the more future movies will be isolating toward new / younger viewers and reward the superfans due to the "wtf is really going on here" aspect of the films. That's the one thing I absolutely trust with Feige at the helm: that it'll have a coherent vision that meshes with all the other dozens of films/series in the MCU, and that it'll be top-shelf quality in special effects, acting, humor, and story.

It'll be great guys, no worries! I'm heading out early Thursday; be home with a slightly biased but completely honest review of it asap.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The problem with the entire Marvel universe up to end game avengers was some of the overarching story was split into every other marvel movie like Cpt America and all the others. So at a certain point it all becomes too convoluted. Like if youre watching Avengers and wondering where the fuck is shield? What happened? so you gotta go back to Cpt America and watch the civil war to get that story, and so on.... Lets hope all this Avengers and that part of the Marvel universe is finally dead. Its either time for reboots or cover the other 100 more obscure marvel heroes like thy did with Guardians of the Galaxy.

Besides, I think all this super hero BS is getting tired now. Let it rest for a decade and come back with something fresh.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I haven't watched Wandavision or any Spider Man movies, but the first Dr. Strange is top three Marvel movies for me. I really want to watch this one but will I be totally lost?

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
The problem with the entire Marvel universe up to end game avengers was some of the overarching story was split into every other marvel movie like Cpt America and all the others.
That's what makes them so great.

All the MCU did was spread the idea of the movie sequel outward, if that makes sense.

Besides, I think all this super hero BS is getting tired now.
It's a juggernaut at the current moment. It deserves to be. Marvel is, and has been doing amazing stuff right now.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just happened to watch the latest spiderman movies, all 3 of them, and they were kinda weak. Loki and Wanda were decent though.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Reading some of the reviews and finding it funny that the hardcore anti SJW critics ended up liking America Chavez in the movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I have no doubts this will be a good movie, maybe not No Way Home great, but its gonna be a good watch. that being said, keep in mind this movie has had a a lot of reshoots so some things might seem disjointed.

Cybsled

I haven't watched Wandavision or any Spider Man movies, but the first Dr. Strange is top three Marvel movies for me. I really want to watch this one but will I be totally lost?

I suspect they will give some quick recap for the sake of the story

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I have no doubts this will be a good movie, maybe not No Way Home great, but its gonna be a good watch. that being said, keep in mind this movie has had a a lot of reshoots so some things might seem disjointed.
I bet most of the reshoots were people becoming available for their cameo's and shit. It does sound like people think the movie should have been like 30 minutes longer though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I bet most of the reshoots were people becoming available for their cameo's and shit. It does sound like people think the movie should have been like 30 minutes longer though.
thats what The Hollywood Reporter suggested, but they also are blaming covid and other reasons. i think for whatever reasons they made a lot of changes at some point. my theory is they made changes based on Disney+ TV show plot twists.