Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also I think they may have been the most graphic Marvel movie we have had. The Illuminati fight scene with Wanda was pretty crazy for Disney to green light. I’m glad they did because it was pretty great.

also Ramis style was perfect for this and I hope he does the next one as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Kang would have been cool to show up, but I don't think we see him again until Quantumania

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Long Vanessa post inc... not spoilery, but kinda spoilery~ (it's a trap! haha)

As was the 1st, this film has loads of trippy, visuals feasts. It doesn't waste any time with the setup. We're immediately presented with the "problem" and off we go trying to find the solution.

This comes right off the heels of WandaVision. American Chavez is plopped in our lap with almost zero backstory sans a very convenient memory tile on the street in a different universe (it'll make sense in the movie!). Strange immediately has a need to protect her from the mysterious eeeevil trying to get her. Which we learn is... you know who :)

Wanda is only evil because of her selfishness to have her kids back. Like Thanos, her evilness is relatable... Marvel is good at this heh. There's tons of better reviewers all around the net whose actual job it is to review movies so I'll try to keep this terse without going through every miniscule detail but; as far as FoH type of things that are discussed:

Is it woke? If you squint your eyes to look for little nuggets, yes. Her little button with the screeching demon flag:

lgbt-pride-flag-redesign-hero.jpg

on her jean jacket is evident. It could've had a pronoun button too, so I guess, yeah it could be worse, but how do you boil a frog?

But, while I notice this stuff, it doesn't bother me personally, but it IS there~ Disney clearly has an agenda to put representation into everything they do. You either be an enraged alt-righter about it or just shrug it off and enjoy a film, y'know?

If this was Marvel's version of a horror film, they failed on that front. It WAS the "scariest" Marvel movie ever produced, yes, but it's not... scary. To a young child, maybe. Keep that in mind if you're bringing kids.

The cameos were cool, but small and not as impactful to me as I was hoping and were just... well I'll just put up one gif as to what they ultimately were:

ground-beef-grinder.gif

It's a good film. It's a treat to see in the big screen with good sound. As a musician, I was tickled pink with one scene in particular where my mild synesthesia was going bonkers. Very awesome! But it's a bit too short to me.

I love how powerful both of them are. Sorcery vs. Witchcraft... it's just, damn, as I said above and can't say it enough, such a visual treat. But ultimately the only person who is more powerful than Wanda is... Wanda, heh.

Go see it guys! It's good... not on their top-shelf rack of movies, but... it's good.

Peggy getting fucking sliced in half with her own shield was so clutch. Ouch.

Wanda killing herself is just kinda bleh of an ending. Will she be back? Of course. It's the multiverse now. She dies just like Hela... guess it's the fate of every curvy bae "villian" heh.

America was smart taking her to the exact multiverse place where Wanda would gain introspection enough to see she became the monster that she was. Very cool.

I had to google about Clea, but that was totes Dormammu's shit~

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
6.5/10

"Meh" I guess? Didn't hate it but mediocre overall.

Way too much Sam Raimi. Felt like an Evil Dead movie retooled as a Marvel flick. Didn't like Wanda as the bad guy for the ENTIRE movie, was expecting that to lead to something bigger. It didn't, unless that's what the mid credit scene was about. Going by the third eye Strange merging into prime Strange I have to assume Cthon is now in play since he/she/it was the originator of the Darkhold book. Showing the Illuminati members was cool even if they all got killed except for alter-Mordo. At least I think he lived? Don't remember seeing him again once Strange left him in the trench thing of their council room. Black Bolt literally blowing his own mind was unexpected and awesome. While I don't expect Patrick Stewart to reprise the role again in any serious fashion it was nice to see him as Xavier again, and the big reveal of the fan favorite casting choice John Krasinski as Reed Richards was nice. Even if this version was killed, have to assume there's a version in the prime movie universe waiting to be called upon. Hopefully they do like they did with Spider-Man and skip the introductory flick and just fold the F4 into the mix. America Chavez was surprisingly awesome, enjoyed her character. She was never annoying, stupid, or the terrible modern Rey cliche of being better than everyone at everything for no reason whatsoever other than plot.

Honestly she's one of the better parts of the movie. Lesbomoms was an eyeroll moment but hey what do you know, a scene that can easily be cut or edited for Chinese release! What a shocker!
This sounds about right. After Spiderman, I was expecting a bunch of different unexpected shit coming at him sideways. Instead we got a whole move that was basically a slow chase and they do the same ol shit where the villan's power level depends on what is needed for that scene.

Mexican Chaves was fine and I will probably give her next movie a chance, unless it gets shit on, like WW84.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
just saw it. a friend of mine asked if it was as "horror" as the trailers seem to want to hint at... it's not. well... it's not "HORROR" but it's definitely a Sam Raimi movie. while it's not horror, the best description might be "horror-adjacent." there are scenes that are filmed like a horror film, but what's actually happening ISN'T horror. it's kind of odd in the regard, but then again, this is based on a character called dr STRANGE.

anyway, i liked it and the illuminati intro had some cool musical beats that made me smile.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This movie was fucking awful.

"Stupid scene almost all CGI and green screen"
"Big CGI fight"
"stupid not even remotely "emotional" scene"
"Another CGI fight"
repeat x 5

It was *awful.* This was worse than Captain Marvel and The Eternals, which were both bad.

The Illuminati were awful.

The only good things:

Olsen looked gorgeous when in the Scarlet Witch costume.
Zombie strange was fun.

Goodbye Marvel. I'll give Thor an attempt because its Taika, but otherwise your shit sucks.

• 4Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This movie was fucking awful.

"Stupid scene almost all CGI and green screen"
"Big CGI fight"
"stupid not even remotely "emotional" scene"
"Another CGI fight"
Name me one Marvel Movie not Captain America that’s not this exact same thing.

also, explain to me how they do a Dr. Strange movie without a ton of CGI? Have you read the comics?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Name me one Marvel Movie not Captain America that’s not this exact same thing.

also, explain to me how they do a Dr. Strange movie without a ton of CGI? Have you read the comics?

Quit being butt hurt that this movie was trash. Fucking garbage movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I figured as much.

This shit movie had two CGI monster fights in the first ten minutes. Can you name any other marvel movie that had two different stupid CGI monster fights in the first ten minutes?

Movie was garbage, suck a dick, faggot. Forum is full of fucking retards. lol. Go to the COVID thread.

• 1Salty
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This shit movie had two CGI monster fights in the first ten minutes. Can you name any other marvel movie that had two different stupid CGI monster fights in the first ten minutes?
Off the top of my head?

Guardians of the Galaxy II
Thor
maybe Spider-Man Homecoming? I can’t remember how quickly he started fighting in that, it was pretty quick though.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Off the top of my head?

Guards of the Galaxy II
Thor

Ah, wrong.

At ten minute in, in GOTG2, they have only fought the one big stupid space alien, and are talking to the golden people.

And in Thor, they don't go fight the ice giants till about 22 minutes in

So...

I contend that this movie was fucking trash, and your memory sucks dick. Retard.

• 1Salty

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, i'm not sure what you expected if a DR STRANGE, MASTER OF THE MYSTIC ARTS movie made you upset by showing cgi monsters... would you have rather guys in rubber costumes?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ah, wrong.

At ten minute in, in GOTG2, they have only fought the one big stupid space alien, and are talking to the golden people.

And in Thor, they don't go fight the ice giants till about 22 minutes in

So...

I contend that this movie was fucking trash, and your memory sucks dick. Retard.
In guardians they then had a huge ass space battle with the remotely piloted ships that was all CGI right after it.

since it ships though, that’s fine? Seems an odd condition to have when you're crying about CGI.....in a movie about superheroes that use nothing but magic 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It was *awful.* This was worse than Captain Marvel and The Eternals, which were both bad.

Goodbye Marvel. I'll give Thor an attempt because its Taika, but otherwise your shit sucks.

I couldn't finish The Eternals - If I'd downloaded Strange 2 then I definitely would have finished it.

Don't think I'll keep going the cinema for MCU. As I said in my review, the final battles are the least interesting bits because they're all the same. I've fallen asleep in cinema during Black Panther battle (had smoked some weed earlier), and during Dr Strange 2 battle (only had 4 hours sleep before).

• 1Salty

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Loved it, probably go see it again next week. Everything from the trailers (Nope, Thor, Elvis, Avatar, Top Gun trailer + extended look, Lightyear) to the action and FX in the movie absolutely justified the trip to a Dolby Cinema to see it.

Not sure how I feel about the end credits scene, could lead to an entire phase of stuff or something handled off screen for now. Like many I expected more from the Illuminati, though hopefully one of them leads to an official casting announcement in the next couple weeks for their franchise's movie instead of it being a one-off for this.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its not garbage, sorry Falxy, you can flame me too. but this wasnt BAD, it wasnt even bad. it was OK. of course its going to be a CGI spectacle as expected and IMO just tossing in this inclusive equity hero with a dykemoms origin story was fucking stupid which is what modern Disney likes to pull. but AC as a character wasnt bad either. its ok. i liked her, she was enjoyable. the ginger chick with Strange has a huge ass which i liked a lot too.id take a bite out of that heiny like an apple!

i dont think they could have pulled this movie off if Sam Raimi hadnt directed it. i'm pretty sure i would be with you saying it was garbage. but he was there and its a 5 or 6 out of ten which is OK. some nice cameos and some fucking godawful cameos like the nog from the woke Bond movie. who fucking thought that insect would be a good idea? i dont think this movie is going to do as well as Spiderman NWH. because this is a one and done film.i have already seen NWH 3 times. maybe i will check DS2 out next winter if i'm bored. Marvel lost a lot of street cred and this isnt going to get that back. also they made Wong a fucking punk. no spoilers, y'all know why.

• 1Like